Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2007, 15:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

Damn that's bad Shuvc. Let's hope the damage is not too bad & do keep these pics carefully for insurance purposes.
Old 25th September 2007, 16:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

There has been almost no rain since last night. Yet the water level hasn't gone down even an inch. Looks like it'll take till tomorrow evening for the water to at least drain out of the car.

@planet, thanks for uploading the pics. Words were not really enough to convey the mess the car is in.

@nitrous, @rtech, I'm also hoping that the damage will be limited. I'm just praying that the engine remains ok.

Interiors & boot will anyway have to be stripped and dried. All carpets to be changed. Maybe doorpads need to changed as well. The climate control panel will surely be a goner.

- Maybe I'll need a completely new set of wiring ?
- Will the gearbox, clutch need to be opened ?
- Sigh. dreading the day when I'll be given an estimate ! What do you guys think ? 50K ? 1L ?

NB: @nikunj, @wim - sad to hear about your mishaps. Do try and check all details of the car and not leave anything to chance.
Old 25th September 2007, 16:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

things that you need to check:

1. Electra Illusions
2. Wiring
3. Security system
4. engine oil, etc.

i had no idea the car was in such a mess. changing the seats, carpets wont cost much IMO - lets just hope the engine remains OK.

any idea about damage caused to all the cars in that particular garage? the KMC people doesnt even bother - sick!
Old 25th September 2007, 16:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Damn.!! Thats bad. I guess the water must have entered your house too.

Anyways dont worry about the bills for now. Keep the pics safely and insurance ppl will take care of it.

I think the engine should be fine. Did u do anything to the exhaust?
My good wishes with u.
Old 25th September 2007, 16:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
What do you guys think ? 50K ? 1L ?
Nah!
U might need to open the GB just to have a look. All lubricants will need to be changed.
Climate control might be a disaster with all those sensor thingys. So, beware of that.
Do U have ABS ?
Y don't U pull out ur insurance policy copy and read the fine print once.
Old 25th September 2007, 16:30   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

That would get tears rolling out of anyone's eyes. Specially for one who loves his car so very much. Shuvc, keep us updated on how it goes with the insurance guys, the carrying out of repairs and the actual quotes and how much you will have to pay. If the going gets worse, you must keep your options open to other ways of getting your car ready. Just praying that you don't incur any serious damages.
Old 25th September 2007, 16:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

Nitrous
When did a Baleno come with ABS?
Old 25th September 2007, 16:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

I know there were a few BHPians who went through similar problems after the Mumbai floods last year. Can any one of them share their experiences on repairing the car post-flooding?
What was fixed, changed, scrapped, and approx costs of the same.
Old 25th September 2007, 16:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

those pics are really shocking. Reading from post 1, i never imagined the scene was so terrible. Now the pics just shock me. Hope ur car gets back to health soon. best wishes.
Old 25th September 2007, 16:40   #40

What about the ECU, usually that is even below the battery. I am sure that is fired (in water)..

Also what happens when water gets into the exhaust, can someone please throw some light on it... Can it reach the engine through the exhaust?
Old 25th September 2007, 16:47   #41
BANNED

Hi Shuvc,

Am really shocked looking at the pics. Feel real bad for you and your car. All I can say is keep you r fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Looking at the pics I can safely say that you will be without a car for approx 2 weeks assuming there is no major engine damage etc. as I am sure Maruti will be flooded with similar complaints from others as well.

Don't hesitate to buzz/PM me if you require any kind of help/assistance from me.

Viper
Old 25th September 2007, 16:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

Slightly Off Topic, But here are a few reference threads: not all of them are related to this specific problem though.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ighlight=flood

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ighlight=flood

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ighlight=flood

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...bay-rains.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-required.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ighlight=flood

Last edited by planet_rocker : 25th September 2007 at 16:56.
Old 25th September 2007, 17:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartypants kp
Nitrous
When did a Baleno come with ABS?
U tell me!
Since it had climate control , i was doubtful if it came with the ABS module.
Old 25th September 2007, 17:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

Godd*&^ awful mess. I can't express in words the grief the pics cause.
Why don't you contact Star Ananda? They have promised to put up stories of woe on air. It could help you with the insurance part as well.
Feeling extremely sorry for the Silver Arrow. And the owner too.
All the best and keep us posted.
I shudder to think about the RS repair bills.
Old 25th September 2007, 17:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

@nitrous, your confident 'nah' gives me a lot of hope . Baleno spare parts prices are so unpredictable. You never know when a chhoti-si SGP will ransack your pocket !! Hence fingers crossed ! Will read up on the insurance policy tonight. I think it's the standard Royal Sundaram insurance provided by Maruti.

Rahul, am banking a lot on my regular service engineer. He knows I'm finicky about maintaining the car. Spoke to him briefly today. He reassured me he'll take care of things. Am hoping he'll help me out with getting some insurance cover as well from the assessor stationed at their workshop. And I've kept my options really open. If expenses out of my pocket are very high, I'll even consider exchanging it for a SX4 :(

@planet - Illusion front coax's surely wont play after having a 48 hr bath. Replacing the security system may be required too.
@kpzen - good point. I did not do anything to the exhaust. When I first went down for a looksee, the pipe had already been under water for a few hours. What could be the repurcussions there ?

Amongst all this, I still feel happy to have potentially saved some money. 11K for the Amp + 2.5K for the battery

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks