Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2010, 17:31   #31
BHPian

I have a 1.6 logan. The instrument cluster has small red led right in the centre which is blinking after the car is parked and key is removed.
Originally this place had a small green circle sticker which has come off now.
I believe this is an immobilizer warning light.
My query is this normal ?
Because car is otherwise functioning normally.
Old 8th November 2010, 11:16   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
The instrument cluster has small red led right in the centre which is blinking after the car is parked and key is removed.
Don't worry, the blinking light is working as intended . Yup, it's the car's security system giving thieves a visual deterrence.
Old 5th June 2011, 19:54   #33
BHPian

Re: Issues in Mahindra Logan

I HAVE FACED following issues with my 1.6 GLS 2007 OCTOBER LOGAN-
1) IAC stepper motor ( otherwise known as idle speed actuator ) weakened. serviced last week now behaving.
Mahindra doesnt replace the motor but the entire throttle body together. Costs about Rs.6500/- Needless to say not available at any a.s.s. in mumbai , they 'l order on demand. would take 6/7 days. Not availalble in any of the 6 dealerships.

2) HT coil conked out at 16000km. Again not available at any A..S.S. costs rs.4xxx/- plus labour and taxes. Took a week and lot of waste of time at the service stations.

3) AC blower rings ( rotary ) make an irritating sound.

4) so do the door panels and the cluster meter hood.

5) After every car wash , there is a gharrak kind of sound going slowly over bump from rear , somewhere near strut.
Needs lubrication bur recurs. Something to do with a part called universal brake compensator or something so i read somewhere. again a chronic problem.

6) gears have already developed a lash kind of noise / the clutch bearing making noise , occurred early at about 9000km. Goes away on clutching.

7) I had an accident where the rear right door was dented. They refused to repair the door. I had to go to 2 dealerships . Lots of time wastage, door not available for my model , they offered to order. delivery in 6/7 days , work in 10 days or so.
ultimately had to have the work done outside. Got the door repaired. Complete job incl. painting and fitting cost me less than my share of the insurance claim estimated.

8) Nothing seems to be available at the service stations and this is after they had relaunched the logan as verito. They ought to have localized the parts first. and made them more affordable.

9) the structure of the ORVM is flawed. they break so easily ( the casting portion )

10) The wipers designed for left hand drive car is really the pits. so is the location of the power window switches. And the bonnet opening lever on the left side ( again for left hand drive model ) is criminal. I have a lower back problem and to lean so much on ur left to pop it is dangerous.
basically all renault imported parts are more expensive than the competition and the service station are nothing short of dismal.

11) hazard light switch costs rs.690/- had to change it. How much the same part costs on a indigo / dezire ?

12) Even simple service parts like oil filter , fuel filter , air filter are not available for the petrol engine aftermarket.

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 5th June 2011 at 20:04.
HIGHNOON is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 15:50   #34
BHPian

Need help,
My engine temp indicator shows well below normal, even after driving for few km. Only two bars are shown in the indicator, I know it's not normal, but is it because of winter that my indicator shows less.

Problem two, where can I get owners manual, I lost mine. I own glx 1.4 petrol version.
Old 25th January 2012, 16:19   #35
BHPian

2 bars is ok at night time or if your ambient temperature is on the lower side and also if u drive at in overdrive more often without ac. most other times it ought to be around 4 bars. has never gone above 4 bars in my car.
You can remove the coolant temp sensor , clean the carbon ( its a 3 wire small switch on the right side and below of the crankcase. Sometimes the wires are a little loose in the socket, check that too.
This should put your mind to rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Need help,
My engine temp indicator shows well below normal, even after driving for few km. Only two bars are shown in the indicator, I know it's not normal, but is it because of winter that my indicator shows less.

Problem two, where can I get owners manual, I lost mine. I own glx 1.4 petrol version.
The mahindra workshops may sell you a copy. If you dont get it there and if you want particular info , I can scan and mail you a few pages.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please type in full and proper English. Try to avoid SMSey shortcuts (e.g. u instead of you).

Last edited by Amartya : 26th January 2012 at 02:26. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Note left inline as well. Cheers.
Old 25th January 2012, 17:24   #36
BHPian

Quote:
The mahindra workshops may sell you a copy. if u dont get it there and if u want particular info , i can scan and mail u a few pages.
Thanks for the info, actually I purchased my Logan second hand, and my son misplaced the manual, the thing is that most of the function I do not know, may be you can e- mail the manual if possible.

As for the engine temp, I do drive my Logan without ac, so that's solves my problem, hopes so, I will try with ac on.

Also I am using castrol coolant in my Logan I do hope this will not be a problem in future.

What is the remedy for hard clutch, mine is soft at the start , but we drive the clutch gets hard.
Old 25th January 2012, 18:12   #37
BHPian

The castrol coolant should be okay. Golden cruiser is probly better.
Logan has a a cable type clutch with no hydraulic booster which is provided with most other cars of this segment.
so assuming ur clutch kit itself is ok , replacing the cable may solve ur problem. cost is rs. 900 / or so for the part.
U may try lubricating the cable , this may give temporary relief.
This issue has caused me severe achilles heel inflammation in spite of the short travel of the clutch.
The manual is too large to scan and email.
you can try and download it if its available online.
pls try these links.
http://www.logan.in.ua/logan/MR388LOGAN1.pdf
http://www.logan.in.ua/logan/MR388LOGAN3.pdf
http://www.logan.in.ua/logan/MR388LOGAN8.pdf

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 25th January 2012 at 18:13.
HIGHNOON is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 18:22   #38
BHPian

Quote:
The castrol coolant should be okay. Golden cruiser is probly better.
Logan has a a cable type clutch with no hydraulic booster which is provided with most other cars of this segment.
so assuming ur clutch kit itself is ok , replacing the cable may solve ur problem. cost is rs. 900 / or so for the part.
U may try lubricating the cable , this may give temporary relief.
This issue has caused me severe achilles heel inflammation in spite of the short travel of the clutch.
The manual is too large to scan and email.
you can try and download it if its available online.
pls try these links.
http://www.logan.in.ua/logan/MR388LOGAN1.pdf
http://www.logan.in.ua/logan/MR388LOGAN3.pdf
http://www.logan.in.ua/logan/MR388LOGAN8.pdf
Thank you for the link,
Just one more thing, how dose replacing the clutch cable solves the problem. I am looking at in different angle, I am thinking of checking the pressure plate.
Old 25th January 2012, 18:56   #39
BHPian

@ uday !see without the hydraulic assist , and not too many kilometers on the odo , it is probable that the clutch cable needs lubrication or replacement and this itself may solve ur problem.
failing which the pressure plate , bearing etc come into picture....
For example clutch goes hard on a hydraulic clutch, it should be easier to assume that the clutch plate has worn.
My vehicle ( 1.6 petrol logan ) for example had a hard clutch since say about 12500km which is a little early for pressure plate failure, especially knowing the way she's been driven.
Now at 30000 km and 4 yrs it could be pressure plate most likely and the cable also to go with that knowing the slight 'hesitation' /judder felt on the declutching.

try lubrication the clutch cable first . simple job. rather than dismantling gear box for checking the clutch kit. also check the axle boots ( very critical ) and the 1750 fpk accessories belt and the pulley and also the timing belt.

BTW since u got it as second hand i hope you got her for a song. as logans ( specially the petrol ones ) have 'no resale '

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 25th January 2012 at 19:02.
Old 25th January 2012, 19:57   #40
BHPian

Yes I got my Logan very cheap, and the odo was at 16 k when I got it.
I think I will check the pressure plate, since when I start the car in the morning the clutch is super smooth.

Quote:
@ uday !see without the hydraulic assist , and not too many kilometers on the odo , it is probable that the clutch cable needs lubrication or replacement and this itself may solve ur problem.
failing which the pressure plate , bearing etc come into picture....
For example clutch goes hard on a hydraulic clutch, it should be easier to assume that the clutch plate has worn.
My vehicle ( 1.6 petrol logan ) for example had a hard clutch since say about 12500km which is a little early for pressure plate failure, especially knowing the way she's been driven.
Now at 30000 km and 4 yrs it could be pressure plate most likely and the cable also to go with that knowing the slight 'hesitation' /judder felt on the declutching.

try lubrication the clutch cable first . simple job. rather than dismantling gear box for checking the clutch kit. also check the axle boots ( very critical ) and the 1750 fpk accessories belt and the pulley and also the timing belt.

BTW since u got it as second hand i hope you got her for a song. as logans ( specially the petrol ones ) have 'no resale '
Old 26th January 2012, 11:49   #41
BHPian

All Logan owners request you all to post all your experiences related to your cars, it's issues , hard clutch, sticky accelerator etc.

Following are my issues in my Logan,

Car - Logan 1.4 glx

Km - 21k

Following are my problems

Hard clutch
Sticky accelerator
Coolant mis match

Please post your experience in handling all the issues with Logan.

Uday
Old 2nd February 2012, 12:11   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
All Logan owners request you all to post all your experiences related to your cars, it's issues , hard clutch, sticky accelerator etc.

Following are my issues in my Logan,

Car - Logan 1.4 glx

Km - 21k

Following are my problems

Hard clutch
Sticky accelerator
Coolant mis match

Please post your experience in handling all the issues with Logan.

Uday
A week has past still no replies, All logan users are not having any issue with their cars?

Come on guys please share your expriences about Logan, including fuel eff.
uday
Old 3rd February 2012, 00:14   #43
BHPian

Hi Uday,
Logan unfortunately is not a car people have time to discuss. Owners fed up with appalling mahindra service stations, lack of availability of quality spares in after market are probly in a quandry whether to continue with the car which has a taxi image , a not aspirational ( or quirky ) design as far as indians are concerned.
Mahindra has badly let down a brilliant product from dacia / renault . The mechanicals are simple and quite brilliant. The space inside is very good , the slab faced sides offer great shoulder width inside. The FE is pretty ok for a old gen. simple architecture engine. the K7M - 1.6 renault. 10 TO 10.5 In city on ac and 13 kmpl on fast highway driving including ghats etc.
The problems
1) hard clutch - the clutch kit OE costs rs. 5500/ to 5750/- i think LUK ( rane ) or valeo. clutch and pressure plate and release bearing.
cable rs. 950/-
2) lash noise in gear - u just live with it. audible when on idle or while parking.
3) creaky seats. I have had twice get a bolt welded as it had broken in the seat mechanism.
4) sticky accelerator - change the accelerator cable.
5) if axle boot cracks then gear oil 'll drain away. the gearbox will jam. very very expensive affair. ( Rs.80 k + )
6) side door mirrors are horrible. very flimsy and quite small.
7) creaking noise from rear while going over speed breakers.
8) the biggest con is resale is a joke. I am offered 1.25 lacs for a fully loaded oct 2007 GLS.
HIGHNOON is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:00   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Uday,
Logan unfortunately is not a car people have time to discuss. Owners fed up with appalling mahindra service stations, lack of availability of quality spares in after market are probly in a quandry whether to continue with the car which has a taxi image , a not aspirational ( or quirky ) design as far as indians are concerned.
Mahindra has badly let down a brilliant product from dacia / renault . The mechanicals are simple and quite brilliant. The space inside is very good , the slab faced sides offer great shoulder width inside. The FE is pretty ok for a old gen. simple architecture engine. the K7M - 1.6 renault. 10 TO 10.5 In city on ac and 13 kmpl on fast highway driving including ghats etc.
The problems
1) hard clutch - the clutch kit OE costs rs. 5500/ to 5750/- i think LUK ( rane ) or valeo. clutch and pressure plate and release bearing.
cable rs. 950/-
2) lash noise in gear - u just live with it. audible when on idle or while parking.
3) creaky seats. I have had twice get a bolt welded as it had broken in the seat mechanism.
4) sticky accelerator - change the accelerator cable.
5) if axle boot cracks then gear oil 'll drain away. the gearbox will jam. very very expensive affair. ( Rs.80 k + )
6) side door mirrors are horrible. very flimsy and quite small.
7) creaking noise from rear while going over speed breakers.
8) the biggest con is resale is a joke. I am offered 1.25 lacs for a fully loaded oct 2007 GLS.
Yes I do agree with you that to service my logan its very difficult and Mahindra service center dose not help either. My Logan has no issue with respect to noise or any other noise comming from doors, dash board etc. My only problem is of sticky acc. cable and hard clutch.
as for service center support, I have my relative working in a service center, so no problem getting car serviced. any problem is attended free of cost.
I bought my logan second hand and the odd was just 16K so my car is just as new. will use it till 50K and then upgrade it to newer model. I am ok with taxi image, even other cars are taxi or used by tour operator. as long as i have no problem with my car i will keep it, else sell it. I got it dirt cheep.
uday
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:00   #45
BHPian

Hi Uday,

i got the vehicle with only 8100km on odo. And things quickly start going wrong. Now with only 30356 km on board and a yr and 3 months later , i am selling it tomorrow for half the money i bought it for.

good luck with urs.
I know some taxi operator who has done 410000km on it on original engine running on cng . Has changed 3 throttle body assembly , 3 coils, keeps on buying side mirrors and stuff from scrap dealers around kurla.And the engine is still very good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks