Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2007, 13:25   #1

Issues in Mahindra Logan

I have bought Mahindra-Renault Logan 1.4 GLX about a month back. I found some issues with it:

1. The Right side rear fog light is in RED while the left side has it is WHITE (I noticed that it is same with all Logan variants..) Any clue on is this product feature or a manufacturing defect/oversight?

2. When I engage the Right/Left indicator, both indicator LED's on the instrument panel start blinking. According to me only the correct indictaor LED should blink.

3. The car headlight intensity is very dim, but when you engage the high beam it is OK. Accordingto me, the intensity should be better?

4. After I drive for few kms (more than 7-8 kms) and park the car, I find the Fan in the bonnet still runs, even after switching off, for few minutes. Is this normal? If not, what could be the problem.

I would like to know any of the Logan owners had these issues? Were you able to get it rectified?

share any information you have!

I will be anyway taking the vehicle to service centre for getting above issues problems (if it is indeed a problem) fixed.
Old 4th December 2007, 14:59   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushakh View Post
1. The Right side rear fog light is in RED while the left side has it is WHITE (I noticed that it is same with all Logan variants..) Any clue on is this product feature or a manufacturing defect/oversight?
Found the same thing in SX4 also. Still unable to solve this mystery...
Old 4th December 2007, 15:01   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have bought Mahindra-Renault Logan 1.4 GLX about a month back. I found some issues with it:

Thats an attempt at cost cutting, and thats how it is on all Logans. Nothng to be bothered about. There is just one rear fog lamp, while the other one in white is the reverse indicator.

2. When I engage the Right/Left indicator, both indicator LED's on the instrument panel start blinking. According to me only the correct indictaor LED should blink.

Correct. Get it checked.

3. The car headlight intensity is very dim, but when you engage the high beam it is OK. Accordingto me, the intensity should be better?

Are you sure about this? Did u check how the lighting is on a dark road, are you saying this based on your experience on a lit road?

4. After I drive for few kms (more than 7-8 kms) and park the car, I find the Fan in the bonnet still runs, even after switching off, for few minutes. Is this normal? If not, what could be the problem.

Nothing to worry about.

Please find my comments inline in bold. Hope that helps.
Old 4th December 2007, 15:07   #4
BHPian

Since Benny had answered all Your queries, I would restrict myself to suggesting You to read your user manual completely.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2007, 15:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:

Correct. Get it checked.
I dont remember how it was in Logan when I took the test drive: what if the dashborad has a single indicator for both the turn lamps - some thing like a CORSA - where a single LED blinks for both the L and R signals?
Old 4th December 2007, 15:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Take it to the service station and get it examined regarding the defects. Balance Benny has already said it. BTW read the OM a bit more carefully and completely.
Old 4th December 2007, 16:01   #7
BHPian

True Corsa has only 1 indicator to show for left or right indicator
As for fan still running after switched off.. the same happens in palio 1.6 as well.
I think thats for cooling down the engine ;-)
Old 4th December 2007, 16:13   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
I dont remember how it was in Logan when I took the test drive: what if the dashborad has a single indicator for both the turn lamps - some thing like a CORSA - where a single LED blinks for both the L and R signals?
Since i havent taken a TD of the Logan, i cant be sure here.

I can understand if such a funda was followed in the case of bikes (eg CBZ) where you can look at the indicators blinking on the bike just in case you wanted to see which one was turned on. On car, that would not really make sense, and so i would assume there were seperate indicator LEDs.
Old 4th December 2007, 16:44   #9

Dont think they are problems

My reply is in bold and I own a Logan DLS

Quote:

Logon has only one reverse light and one rear defogger by design. I dont think your model has a rear defogger so it may never glow. Manual is crapy so it may not clear your doubt . As per the website I think your model does not have a rear deffoger so it must be a dummy. Just check the website.

For Logan there is only one combined LED indicator which glows when you put on the left/right indicator and it is designed such that it looks like you have put on the hasard lights, so it is normal you dont need to get it checked. Some times it confuses if you have put on the blinkers on the hasard lights. Give it some time you will get used to it.

Ok what you think is the high beam is the normal beam (indicator must be green in color but looks like a high beam) pull the stick towards your self and then you see a blue color indicator which is the high beam and also try the beam level adjustor.

I dont think it is the fan you are hearing it must be the fuel pump which I people are complaning can be observed in the 1.4 and Diesel but on in the 1.6 but just to be clear get it checked.

I would like to know any of the Logan owners had these issues? Were you able to get it rectified?

share any information you have!

I will be anyway taking the vehicle to service centre for getting above issues problems (if it is indeed a problem) fixed.
Old 4th December 2007, 16:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

1)Like you have with old Fords and Indica? Only two lamps for reversing for high end models?

2)wiring problem I guess

3)change bulbs maybe to 90/100W

4) Maybe its like that for Logan. Check with other owners.
Old 4th December 2007, 17:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> Found the same thing in SX4 also. Still unable to solve this mystery...

The lamps are designed to European norms where there should be atleast one rear fog lamp.
Old 4th December 2007, 17:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I own a Palio and it has the same two characteristics that you are mentioning. It just beats
me on how Fiat/Renault can save great money by not providing one separate LED for each
indicator. Even Maruti 800 has two separate indicators IIRC.

The fan running for some time even after the engine is switched off is a very common phenomenon in Palio and it is designed that way. Apparently, it is to cool the engine faster. It can be for a very similar reason in Logan too. It will be good to check with people who own Logan.

Actually, Corsa had something more unique; the speedometer readings started from 20 instead of 0. On inquiring, I was told that it should not matter much as anyways, readings from 0 to 20 are not accurate
Old 4th December 2007, 18:06   #13
BHPian

That is normal.If you are still confused you can check with the dealer.
Old 5th December 2007, 12:18   #14

Hi Folks,

Thank you all for your inputs!! It really helped.

@sastradhar
Pt 1. According to the website, Logan 1.4 GLX (in fact on all variants) do have rear fog lamp and reverse light.

Pt 2. It would be nice to have the LED indicators work properly

Pt 3. Can you tell me how the beam level adjustor works?

Did you check with the dealer/service center on any of above problems, what was their reply? Did you get them fixed?

@Everybody... (and Logan owners specifically)
Please list any other problems you have encountered in Logan and possible solution / workaround for it...

Thanks
Old 5th December 2007, 13:06   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
better?

Renault's were notorius for hot start issues (restarting a hot engine). This is due to fuel vapourising in the fuel line leading to air locks (not applicable in diesels but they may be lazy to change wiring loom). I used to use a Renault 5 GT Turbo and it would hum for quite a while after a good work out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks