Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2022, 18:28   #136

Re: Suspension Overhaul

Hello folks,

Recently I started facing some suspension related issues in My 2016 Tata Tiago. My car has already completed 133k kms. I checked with ASS on the same but as per their analysis most of the suspension parts need to be replaced. This will be very expensive if I get it done at ASS. So can anyone suggest any good FNG in New Mumbai or Pune for suspension overhaul?
Old 10th October 2022, 23:18   #137
Senior - BHPian

Do we get comfort oriented suspension components for the common cars available in our market ? Replacement shock absorbers, bushings and springs is what I'm interested in
Old 16th October 2022, 05:00   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool-Shine View Post
Hello folks,

Recently I started facing some suspension related issues in My 2016 Tata Tiago. My car has already completed 133k kms. I checked with ASS on the same but as per their analysis most of the suspension parts need to be replaced. This will be very expensive if I get it done at ASS. So can anyone suggest any good FNG in New Mumbai or Pune for suspension overhaul?
A wheel alignment should be checked measured and adjustment made accordingly to tackle specific 'issues' encountered at hand.

I believe not all suspension parts is required to be replaced in a 2016.
Old 9th March 2023, 14:54   #139
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
Friends, I wanted to recommend a FNG in Bangalore City, Vatsalya Car Care.
Thanks for your recommendation. Although I stay nearby i wasn't aware of this workshop, as it is not so noticeable due to its location.

It was enough geting my car serviced in ever getting costly maruti authorized service center. Its my personal experience with maruti service center and also teambhp poll
I was looking for a trusted FNG for suspension work and other minor issues for my 12 year old swift.

As you said Praveen looks professional and ethical, which is what we look in FNG. He is also willing to answer, all the questions that I had.

So far so good. I am yet to get a complete work bill, but I shall post it once I get it.
UMe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 02:01   #140

Suspension upgrades on a 2009 Hyundai Accent.

Hi Bhpians,

I have a 2008 model 1500cc Hyundai Accent Executive which is up for renewal in the coming month of October. Need your suggestions regarding a few issues with it.

Apart from this car at home, we have a 2018 Hyundai Creta which is mostly used by my father.

I am 25 years old and have been using the Accent lately. The engine is still a charm. It is powerful and peppy but I personally feel the suspensions of the car are it weakest point.

So, I have planned a few repairs and upgrades on the car once the renewal is done. Currently the car is completely stock with just a few scratches on the body panels.

The battery and tires have been changed recently. So, apart from a major service I have planned these repairs/changes:
  1. Complete repaint of the car. (Also open to considering a wrap)
  2. Windshield change: Over the years, it has accumulated quite a few scratches.
  3. All oils changed
  4. Suspension upgrade.

I need some suggestions with the suspension upgrade. The suspension has already been changed once. But, I am not at all happy with the stock suspensions that we get from Hyundai.
So, would greatly appreciate any suggestions that I can get for a better suspension.

The car reaches speeds of 100-120kph quite comfortably. At these speeds, it feels as though the car has more juice in it. But, it starts vibrating even though the wheel balancing and alignment is done. This affects its overall performance.

Other than the suspension, any other suggestions regarding the overall maintenance of the car are also highly appreciated. Please let me know if you would suggest any other changes or upgrades in the car.

PS: My usage will be mostly on normal city roads and the highway.

Thank you all in advance!

Thanks and Regards,
Shreyas.
Old 5th September 2023, 19:56   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsachin View Post

My car in question is Hyundai fluidic Verna diesel 2014, model. It has run 81500kms, since last 5000/10000 kms I am experiencing some issues with front suspension.

Issues
1. On bumpy/bad roads I have started noticing "khat khat" sounds.
2. Even on good roads, when driven I can feel even small road pebbles or minor uneven road surface.

I got suspension checked at both ASS and and a reputed non ASS both after test drive and on lifting over crane checked suspension.
Both suggested to get following things changed
1. Both link rods.
2. Both lower arm.
3. Steering rack assembly .
4. Jumping rod bushes.

The non ASS also suggested to change shocker mounts. Both suggested that shockers may not require change as there is no leakage or failure signs.

My car steering feels ok to me. But since last 2 services at different service centres both have suggested some play in steering. Now while lifting the car the non ASS suggested that he is sure that steering rack assembly needs change, the ASS only did road tests and felt the same.

Now at present my options are
1. Get the job at ASS only will cost me Rs19000/ inclusive of labour.
2. Get the job at non ASS where I have the liberty of buying parts outside.
There is a reputed seller "BKS motors" in lothian Road, Delhi who sells both OEM and OES parts.
So after market parts cost for everything would be Rs7900/(including shocker mounts).

To save costs I am inclined to choose 2nd route..any suggestions from members are welcome.
Hello Dr Sachin
Please could you share the details of the job , did you go for aftermarket parts ? Which brand lower arms and other parts did you go for ? How are those holding up ?

Recently bought a preowned Verna fluidic diesel Automatic 2013 model - it is making the same gadgad noises especially when passing over harsh Bumps - HASS advised to change both Lower arm and jumpers - but i want to explore some good FNG

The car also is pulling left - even after multiple alignments - finally they said it is due to a bent tyre suspension on the left side - which could be due to any minor accident

Also I m facing a strange issue with steering- it is very smooth when car is in idle or neutal - but it gets quite hard when the accelerator is pressed - which makes driving tiresome - especially on long drives it causes wrist pain

Can u please share your suspension work details and owner experience with Verna fluidic and its common maintenance and wear tear issues

Can any bhpians share the details of any trusted FNG in Ahmedabad ? Especially any Experts in Automatic transmission ... as the Auto Transmission does slip from 1st to 2nd gear usually when the car is cold for the first 15-20 mins drive daily

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks