Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 10:13   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
And to top it all the after sales support (have had 4 upgrades all free of cost except the turbo upgrade) from Karthik has been absolutely amazing. Have not come across a more soft spoken and honest person. Well done Karthik keep it up.
Completely agree with you, Rdk is probably one of the nicest chaps I have met too. From my experience in this scene over the last couple of years Race Dynamics is probably the most professional outfit amongst all. And the results they are showing speaks volumes. Good going Karthik.
Old 2nd April 2008, 13:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath;
which model of the 601 are you using?
I am using the RD0601 – ProRace version of the ecu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath;
how about a comparison with the greddy emanage since you've used both of them?
Some of the key problems I faced with the eManage were as follows:

1) Was not able to scale down injector timing for oversized injectors.
2) Ignition mapping did not allow me to get full flexibility on the map as it is limited to +/- 20%
3) Had used a 2.5 bar map sensor along with the same to manage to run the car just about ok but continued to run rich.
4) The eManage ulitmate was the next option on the line for me but decided to go with Karthik for multiple reasons:
  • Availability of spares in case of problems
  • no import hassles
  • did not have to go through the entire rigmarole of buying addons as they came on the Blue
  • Much easier to install and full stand alone capability and an option to fall back to the stock ecu.
  • Biggest of them all custom triggers will explain this point a lil later
The older version of the UI was a lil difficult to work with but the new version of the UI brings it almost as close to any other import ECU. My pending wishlist is already there on my previous post and I am sure he is not too far away from getting there in the near future.

Hope that this was helpful.
Old 3rd April 2008, 19:09   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
  • Biggest of them all custom triggers will explain this point a lil later
Is it something related to conversion from distributor to distributor less setup, something like crank trigger? or is it something else you talking.
going by your review, would love to work on Rd ECU sometime. apart frpm Suzi/honda does it support Ford Vehicles? Ikon/fiesta etc they use Bosch EEC V ECU. or can they put up list of supported cars & ECU?
Old 3rd April 2008, 19:12   #34
BHPian

yeah i think for the general enthusiast who is not very well informed, a list of supported cars would make sense do they support only japanese cars or koreans/europeans/americans too
Old 4th April 2008, 06:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Is it something related to conversion from distributor to distributor less setup, something like crank trigger? or is it something else you talking.
going by your review, would love to work on Rd ECU sometime. apart frpm Suzi/honda does it support Ford Vehicles? Ikon/fiesta etc they use Bosch EEC V ECU. or can they put up list of supported cars & ECU?
Yes I too would like to know what is a custom trigger.

And Rocam, EEC is Ford's in-house development, it isnt made by Bosch.
Old 4th April 2008, 10:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Needed to trigger multiple ancillaries based on various parameters which are typically rpm based on most ecu's that i have seen.
Old 4th April 2008, 11:15   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post

And Rocam, EEC is Ford's in-house development, it isnt made by Bosch.
Ananth,
As far as i know they are OEM to Ford (not sure on entire range of ford cars)& Fords ECu's are on bosch platform, maybe jointly developed, i have lot of their tech articles in my archive, will check that, mean time have a look at this link.

NEW FORD BANTAM - A BLEND OF RELIABLE AND EFFICIENT TECHNOLOGY
Old 4th April 2008, 12:05   #38
BHPian

Thanks for the review Psycho,Vikram, McLaren and Viper. Points taken !

@rehaan
For the tuning software bit... We have two level of calibraion/setup
1. Car specific configuration for sensor types, ranges, voltages, phase references, etc. done by us.
2. Actual mapping/tuning ( fuel, ignition, corrections, limiters, etc) on our tuner/dealer version of software. We have limited this version to our approved tuners/dealers as this concept is still relatively new in India and we would'nt want people experimenting and busting therir engines... We all know how easy it is to blow up an engine dont we

Anyway, here are the pictures from the previous version of Tuning software......

Race Dynamics : The tech review-rd-tuning-correction-1.jpg

Race Dynamics : The tech review-rd-tuning-real-time.jpg

@ananth,rocam

Custom triggers on inputs for engine position. Our system works on almost all types of crank and cam sensors.
Custom triggers for outputs. They can drive any type of aux output ( water injection, NOS, or psycho's secret stuff ) based on any combination of load, temps, throttle, RPM, time and/or altitude

Cars with base maps and wiring instructions

Suzuki - GTI twin cam, 800, alto, zen, esteem, swift, baleno, wagonR

Hyundai - Accent, Getz, Viva

Honda - CRX, B16, B18, B20, K20, OHC 1.5 and VTEC, Accord (2.4 ivtec), Civic

Mitsubishi - Lancer, Cedia, MX (twin cam)

Opel - Corsa, Astra

Basically our systems can work on any 4 cylinder engine. It takes us a max of 2 days to trace wiring, sensors, actutors, configuration and mapping of ECU for an all new car/bike

@narayan
Yah our ECUs can be tuned for more mileage. We have done a couple of examples but its not as much fun as performance tuning :-)

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th April 2008 at 12:56.
Old 4th April 2008, 12:17   #39
BHPian

the hyundai list doesn't include santro
i was thinking i will put the 601 on my santro and test, till i move to a more tuner friendly car like swift petrol, is this possible?
Old 4th April 2008, 12:21   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
brilliant review...My only question being, do we now have both options with Kartik? As in standalone and piggy>?
Hi, we have discontinued options of both piggyback and standalone modes on the same ECU.
Old 4th April 2008, 12:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

Great review!!

Great achievement Karthik!!

I am concerned about the warranty on a new car. Is it possible to replace the ECU with stock ECU? (Plug and play like Petes)
Old 4th April 2008, 12:26   #42
BHPian

Tech Support

Hello Everyone,

I use RD for mainly 3 reasons
  1. Tech suppot on the phone.I dont have to wait for evening to call USA or get up and run to work to call Australia
  2. Never says no for any thing.Always ready for suggestions.And not only does he listen to my suggestion but also has then ready in 10-15 days for me to use.
  3. Very hard working and honest chap!!!(unlike me-hardly working)

He ECM may be cheap,may be more versitle,lots other reasons.But I use them because of the above mentioned reasons.
I use the Haltech on the evo and the nissans,they have alot more options,but those companies are 12-15years old.Karthik already has over half of the options ready in 4 years.Imagine what he will do with 12 years of experience.
If u are tuning in India....RD is the ONLY way to go!!

Karan.
Old 4th April 2008, 13:05   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Karthik,

Thats an admirable piece of invention. Its a warm and fuzzy feeling to have such a fantastic device made by an Indian as an answer to all those over-priced imports !

I have just one query: in a NA car with a FFE: lets take my Swift specifically; what is the maximum % power-gain possible over stock BHP, with that map deemed most optimal ?

Last edited by theMAG : 4th April 2008 at 13:06.
Old 4th April 2008, 14:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

theMAG, Remember seeing the power gain figures mentioned in this video -> .. Cant confirm, Youtube is banned in my office.

OT: Karthik, Think I have met you when you came down with Ranjith anna to Chennai couple of years ago. Do you still have the red B-Zen?
Old 4th April 2008, 14:42   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
theMAG, Remember seeing the power gain figures mentioned in this video -> YouTube - race dynamics on tv ..

That video shows the comptetency of the RD ECU by way of reduced sprint timings compared to stock - I already know the capability of this product and have great respect for it. Thanks for the link anyway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks