Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2008, 14:54   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
That video shows the comptetency of the RD ECU by way of reduced sprint timings compared to stock - I already know the capability of this product and have great respect for it. Thanks for the link anyway.
Taking up politics are we ? Never heard you sounding as diplomatic as this ever before.

Coming back to topic, Karthik what changes have the ECU's undergone (physically & software related) over the last couple of months (I heard there was a new firmware or something)? Also it would be nice if you could put up a report on how you actually got into this profession and how Race Dynamics transpired into what it is today. Could serve as a moral boost for those who intend to achieve similar goals in their respective fields.
Old 4th April 2008, 17:39   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Coming back to topic, Karthik what changes have the ECU's undergone (physically & software related) over the last couple of months (I heard there was a new firmware or something)? Also it would be nice if you could put up a report on how you actually got into this profession and how Race Dynamics transpired into what it is today. Could serve as a moral boost for those who intend to achieve similar goals in their respective fields.
We have not too many hardware changes on the street version, but a LOT of upgrades on software... I have been asking you to come and get a reflash for a long time now !! History of RD, eh, that would be talking about the past 7 years in a page , either way if i start to do that i would need your help !!

@the_MAG - Thanks !! I will post up a detailed write-up especially on swifts soon....

@spadival: I guess so ! Well the red zen belonged to a friend of mine..

Last edited by rdkarthik : 4th April 2008 at 17:40.
Old 5th April 2008, 12:18   #48
Team-BHP Support

Two more screenshots from RDKarthik :

Race Dynamics : The tech review-rd-tuning-correction-1.jpg

Race Dynamics : The tech review-rd-tuning-correction-2.jpg

cya
R
Old 5th April 2008, 12:52   #49
BHPian

@rdkarthik: Looking at the first screenshot, I notice a field for VTEC/MIVEC crossover. I was wondering if the RD standalone has a provision for two independent crossover points for engines with VVT, the first being from low to high cam while accelerating and the second being from high lift to low lift while decelerating ala Apex'i Super AFC Neo? Or is it just one fixed point for both crossovers?

I know it doesn't make for much bother in the Indian scenario as most of the application is straight-line, utilising only acceleration but for time attacks one would want versatility of two independent crossovers.
Old 5th April 2008, 12:59   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Karthik,

A 2nd query from me: why do those screens show an "ECU not detected" status? Standalone?
Old 5th April 2008, 13:31   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Karthik,

A 2nd query from me: why do those screens show an "ECU not detected" status? Standalone?
I guess coz he has taken the screenshot at leisure and not while tuning, hence the software did not detect the ECU(standalone).
Old 5th April 2008, 17:40   #52
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik View Post
We have not too many hardware changes on the street version, but a LOT of upgrades on software... I have been asking you to come and get a reflash for a long time now !! History of RD, eh, that would be talking about the past 7 years in a page , either way if i start to do that i would need your help !!
I know! Just been so busy that I am hardly ever in town. I have been in Bangalore for like 20 days in the last 4 months. I told vikram to give me a buzz before going over to your place, but I guess he forgot.

Will come down soon with the car. Need to carry out some work on it. Its been 5 months since I last started the car .

Any help, I'll be glad to offer. All you need to do is just ask for it.
Old 5th April 2008, 18:57   #53
BANNED

Hey Karthik,

Some features that I would love to have and see on your products would be the following.

1> Two or more tuning maps that can be stored and switched on either via switch or some mechanism. In simpler words have one map tuned just for FE, one for Street performance and one for pure drag/track racing. If not possible at least a minimum of 2 maps that is economy and performance.

These features should be switchable by the user without having to go to any tuner once set.

2> In addition to above point valet and launch control as well.

3> USB port.

Am sure you must be working on requests and would like you to add these features to my wish list.

Viper
Old 5th April 2008, 20:00   #54
BHPian

@MAG - The ECU wasnt connected at that time. I will post another view with the actual map at work..

@doomsday - Production versions have a single switchover, but we can incorporate another one if there was a requirement ( time permitting ).

@viper - Our previous version, the 0406 had two selectable maps, and initial user feedback wasnt so thrilling, so we disabled it for 0601. Point 2 taken care of..... and 3, well just wait up a bit we are getting something better......

@jassi - you will find that soon... Its the same base system with differnt software for any car.

@patiencewins - Thanks. We do not have a direct plug in yet.. Costs and numbers holding us back.

Last edited by rdkarthik : 5th April 2008 at 20:01.
Old 6th April 2008, 10:50   #55
BANNED

Quote:
@viper - Our previous version, the 0406 had two selectable maps, and initial user feedback wasnt so thrilling, so we disabled it for 0601. Point 2 taken care of..... and 3, well just wait up a bit we are getting something better......
Karthik,

Would it be possible to insert/incorporate that feature(2 maps) in my ECU as I really would like to have it.

Viper
Old 6th April 2008, 11:25   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
....insert/incorporate that feature(2 maps) in my ECU as I really would like to have it.
Quote:
@viper - Our previous version, the 0406 had two selectable maps, and initial user feedback wasnt so thrilling, so we disabled it for 0601. Point 2 taken care of.....
Thats so strange!
I would imagine it would really be a great and very welcome feature to have for :
1. People who want to see the difference the custom map makes
2. People whos car gets used by other family members often
3. People who dont want to waste fuel when driving in traffic etc
4. People who have their drivers drive during the day

Quote:
and 3, well just wait up a bit we are getting something better......
Bluetooth kya ? That'll be sweet.

cya
R
Old 6th April 2008, 11:38   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hey Karthik, i know you're not looking forward to doing this but is it possible to have 2 maps on the ecu where in it lets you switch between fuel economy mode and performance mode with the flick of a switch?

I rem you'd given Ritesh the option of stock vs stage 1.

To what extent can a VTEC engine be made more FE than it already is, without that setup being harmful to the engine?

I feel many would prefer a setup like this as it lets the owner enjoy the best of both worlds.

Shan2nu
Old 6th April 2008, 12:06   #58
Senior - BHPian

One comprehensive session on the RD ecu.This would be of great help guys.Karthik there would be many to know what good can it make on a swift,OHC vtech,baleno.These are 3 important machines most modded in India.Can you help us regarding this via dedicated threads for the 3 separately?
ram
Old 6th April 2008, 12:33   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Thats so strange!
I would imagine it would really be a great and very welcome feature to have for :
I was thinking in the same line and would love to have this feature. In bangalore traffic chaos, it does not make sense to have the custom map. Where as, it would be great to use it when I am in the highway or outskirts. Surprising why the customers did not appreciate this feature.
Old 6th April 2008, 13:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Karthik, am saving up to pick up one of your RD ECUs.
I wish it was a lil cheaper? How about a (extra) good deal for Team-Bhp boys?
Yes Yes and what about the Boys who have it already installed huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
so technically the RD ECU can also be tuned for mileage and in the same vein, can one tinker with the stock ECU for better performance ? or is the STOCK ECU is kind of covered by "firewalls" to prevent any tinkering ?
us
Yes one can switch between the Sock Ecu and RD's ecu.
Usually the stock ecus have a tamper-proof firewall that one cannot break in and reflash or re tune them except by specific company specified tuners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Thats so strange!
Bluetooth kya ? That'll be sweet.
cya
R
Actually it was a brilliant suggestion. Was thinking of posting it myself but good to know that a lot of fellow users are wanting the same option.
That is, for twin maps loaded on the same ecu switchable at the flick of a toggle or any other switch. That would mean instant race mode or tuned economy mode. The driver now also has a third mode available; stock mode wherin he can use the stock ecu only, by switching the RD ecu completely off. This would help, when, due to certain reasons, the RD ecu has to be readjusted and the car retuned (probably when upgrading the mods which does require retuning).
So to cut it short, it would be great and very welcome if we had an option of a switchable Race and Economy mode on the RD ecu.That would save several unnecessary trips to the tuner. Im sure the tuner would be happy to see that incorporated as much as the user .What say Kartik?
Karo karo, jaldi karo!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks