Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2020, 02:36   #196
BHPian

Re: Check Engine Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit1609 View Post
Today I visited MAS Simran Motors Kamothe. They did check with OBD scanner and advised that next time anything happen so, visit service centre. I did not discussed more and moreover they did not charged for it.

Would like to get more details on following error codes from fellow BHPians:
Did you get the codes cleared? After restarting the engine, did they appear again after clearing?
From the image, 1 of the codes seems to still exist but that is related to the AC. I don't exactly know its implications.
Out of the other 3, the 2 related to the engine can both cause the engine to shut down. 1 of them is related to the fuel system. I don't have experience with these codes, but a quick Google search revealed that the Fuel pressure regulator error can occur due to clogged fuel lines or fuel filter.
I am not sure whether the clutch error and the fuel pressure regulator error are related. They could have been logged at different times altogether. I believe Jeroen would be able to elaborate on these.

Either way, I think you should drive sparingly as of now, unless you have got the codes cleared and established that they are not reappearing. What did MAS suggest regarding the errors? I think if it was something severe they would not have let you go without warning you about it.
Rohan24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 20:05   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would like to get more details on following error codes from fellow BHPians:
Remind me what kind of car do you drive?? I am asking because even of standard OBD codes there can be differences between different manufacturers/models

But here are some thoughts:

The P0704:
On vehicles equipped with a manual transmission, the clutch switch must close the circuit between the starter solenoid and the ignition switch in order for the starter to engage. This happens via the clutch input switch, which is activated by depressing the clutch pedal.

So this code means there was something wrong with the switch. Which might have meant your car would not start?

The p0089
Have a look at this link:
https://www.obd-codes.com/p0089

This could have triggered your CEL. But as you can see, it must be investigated what the problem was.

C1091:
Have a look:
https://www.obd2-code.com/2018/07/c1091.html

ESP/ABS related various causes as mentioned

B1504
The last one is the sun load sensor. This sensor provides input to your climate control. Probably a broken sensor. I have had the same on some of my cars.

What is relevant is that the first three are all historic, which probably means they have already been re-setted or disappeared by themselves.

Not much you can do with this until it happens again, hopefully it won’t. Given that you had some problems with the engine the P0089 is the most likely cause as it related to the fuel system, and it does trigger the CEL. A clogged fuel filter can cause this, but usually once a filter is clogged it remains clogged.

So see what happens over time

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 12:39   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
Did you get the codes cleared? After restarting the engine, did they appear again after clearing?
=====
I think if it was something severe they would not have let you go without warning you about it.
Codes are not persisting except that AC code which the MAS guy told is pertaining to Sunlight AC automatic combination and this is not a issue. Related to other codes which is from history side, the MAS guy in hurry some just told that in case it appears again, it is recommended to visit service center.
As far as for last 4 days around, since MIL got disappeared from the display, I did not feel any issue. Yes there is an apprehension in the back of my mind that it should not appear in my upcoming trips.
h
Old 21st December 2020, 12:47   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Codes are not persisting except that AC code which the MAS guy told is pertaining to Sunlight AC automatic combination and this is not a issue. Related to other codes which is from history side, the MAS guy in hurry some just told that in case it appears again, it is recommended to visit service center.
Its a bit surprising that there is no time stamp on the alarm events. Even a simple Microprocessor based logic controller has a Event log which can be checked for faults that happened over the years. Anyway , if its working ,it should be ok.
Old 21st December 2020, 12:48   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Remind me what kind of car do you drive?? I am asking because even of standard OBD codes there can be differences between different manufacturers/models
====
So see what happens over time

Jeroen
I did read all the links, however as you rightly said I am in wait and watch for similar to happen again (finger cross and hope it should not). Apart from this, and with the discussion on this forum as well as discussion amongst other in my circle, prima facie it seems to be the fuel quality issue which can trigger the CEL. Infact one of the mechanic guy (from my friend circle) had specifically mentioned that this seems to be the fuel quality, misfiring the engine, however he too was hesitating with the statement. Ultimately, pined that if at all it happens next time, car needs to be at service station. Although repeated statements but conclusive mark is wait an watch.
sumit1609 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 19:16   #201

My Mercedes W211 E 230 2009 intermittent engine check fault

Hi guys

My Mercedes E class W 211 2009 petrol E230 has a intermittent fault
suddenly sometimes the check engine light comes on and the car
engine starts vibrating and starts misfiring sort of ,and the car does
not pick up speed properly.Once the engine is shut down and started
again the fault disappears and the car is fine .I cant understand it at all.

Some history of the car ,It was purchased in 2019 for 5 lakhs at 69000
kms.This fault appeared first time at 71000 kms and the car started
vibrating and I took it to my mechanic, he rectified it saying one
cylinder is misfiring ,after that it was a regular occurrence of every 3
months and at those the times fault did not rectify after restarting the
car and had to be taken to the mechanic for rectification ,but for the
past one year fault disappears after restarting.my mechanic used to
charge 14000 every time and used to tell me it is rectified for it to
resurface in 3 months ,so guys please tell me what might be wrong
Old 8th January 2021, 20:22   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Mercedes W211 E 230 2009 intermittent engine check fault

I would suggest you personally ask for exactly what fault codes are being thrown up when the car starts misfiring. The good news is you have a CEL, so the codes will be stored in the ECM memory and will show up in the fault code history once you hook the scanner up.

IMO, it seems to be an issue with the ignition coil wiring or fuel system. Since individual cylinders are misfiring, I would check the ignition wiring. It might be a possibility that your mechanic is simply changing the coils and concluding that the issue is sorted. If this is found to be faultless, check the injector itself for debris and get it changed.

Since you are getting a CEL, I suspect the coils only, but anything at this stage is pure speculation. As I said, check the error codes and also examine under what circumstances they occur (hot or cold engine, throttle input etc.). Also check the ECM itself if all of this turns out to be faultless as a final resort.
Old 8th January 2021, 20:32   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

As mentioned, check the error codes. Also, especially with a Mercedes, get it checked by somebody with a proper Mercedes model specific scanner. Your typical scanner will show general codes, but Mercedes has far more specific codes.

Good luck

Jeroen
Old 8th January 2021, 22:01   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah1735 View Post
...my mechanic used to
charge 14000 every time and used to tell me it is rectified for it to
resurface in 3 months ,so guys please tell me what might be wrong
  1. Please change your mechanic.
  2. Get a proper diagnostics scan done from an Authorised Workshop and get back in the forum, I'm sure experienced members here will be able to help.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 13:40   #205
BHPian

Hey team, I recently purchased Santro Cng in October 2020. I first saw the CEL signal when it was run for around 1200 kms. I took it for first service and not sure what was done but the light went away.

Then again signal showed and I have visited service center 4 times for the same problem. This refuses to go away and comes back every 2-3 days. Any thoughts what and what action I can take. I have already raised the issue with hyundai on social media.
Old 24th August 2021, 23:13   #206
BHPian

Hi all,
I have a Tata Manza Qjd, 2009 model.
All of a sudden the CEL is not working at all, ideally it should remain on when key is in Ignition point and engine is not yet started.

The only work done recently was glow plug cleaning. I tried the usual reset process, disconnect and reconnect battery, still issue remains. Any tips on what could have gone wrong?

Old 23rd November 2021, 22:10   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
A clogged fuel filter can cause this, but usually once a filter is clogged it remains clogged. So see what happens over time Jeroen
Thanks Jeroen, Does Fuel cap loose issue cause this check engine light to popup ? Do you have an insight how to address it?
Old 17th December 2021, 22:27   #208
BHPian

Hi Experts,

The dreaded light has appeared on my car too. Mine is Hyundai Xcent petrol, 2014 model. Run around 65000 kms, routinely serviced.

Along with the light, I could also feel the car vibrate a bit. Not shaking but there is some additional vibration for sure. Something odd. In the engine bay, I see there is some sort of leakage. I am a noob when it comes to car mechanics but I think it is not normal. Attaching some pictures. Please advise, also would it be safe to drive the car to service centre or should I get it toed?

Check Engine Light-whatsapp-image-20211217-10.17.33-pm-1.jpeg

Check Engine Light-whatsapp-image-20211217-10.17.33-pm-2.jpeg

Check Engine Light-whatsapp-image-20211217-10.17.33-pm-3.jpeg

Check Engine Light-whatsapp-image-20211217-10.17.33-pm-4.jpeg

Check Engine Light-whatsapp-image-20211217-10.17.33-pm.jpeg

Check Engine Light-whatsapp-image-20211217-10.17.34-pm.jpeg
Engine_Roars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 01:04   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
Thanks Jeroen, Does Fuel cap loose issue cause this check engine light to popup ? Do you have an insight how to address it?
Not sure if you have already got the answer. Loose fuel cap can cause CEL. If it's because of not closing it properly, just tightly close it and run the car for few kms. CEL should go off. If there is any damage to the cap, please replace. There are 100 other reasons and you don't want to get into. This includes the most irritating ones when the mechanic couldn't diagnose but sends us back after simple reset and CEL comes up in 2 days promptly.
Vizay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks