Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2012, 17:10   #4936
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Yesterday, climbing up a pretty steep climg my truck ran out of breathe, had faced similar thing few months back when the truck was parked on a incline.

Is this normal? even my friends truck which is old as mine faced the same.

thanks
Old 23rd December 2012, 18:55   #4937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
I was talking to the CRM at Rama Motors about the extended warranty. He said that this isn't provided directly by Tata but by a 3rd party, Global(didn't get the full name). Is this true?
Extended warranty is nothing but Insurance from a company, that's why for anything above 1K, its the relationship between SA and Insurance adviser that works.
Old 24th December 2012, 14:24   #4938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Yesterday, climbing up a pretty steep climg my truck ran out of breathe, had faced similar thing few months back when the truck was parked on a incline.

Is this normal? even my friends truck which is old as mine faced the same.

thanks
With cold engine i have also faced this problem. I believe the solution is race hard, and then go ahead using hand brake..
Old 26th December 2012, 19:15   #4939
BHPian

Hi All,

My 2008 Safari Lx has two 'simple' issues; need your expert advice to address it.

1. The LHS parking light (both front as well as rear) stopped working; however, the high beam (LHS front) and the brake light (LHS rear) are working fine. I located the fuse for the same in the fuse block at the engine bay and swapped it with the same for the RHS to confirm it to be an issue due to a blown-fuse. Is this fuse available with car accessory shops or do I need to make a visit to the TASS itself to get it replaced?

2. The LHS fornt fog lamp (fitted as OEM accessory at the time of buying the car) stopped working. Looks like due to a blown-out bulb - How easy it is to replace the front fog lamp bulb of Safari?

Any clue on the above is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sunil.
Old 27th December 2012, 09:13   #4940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. The LHS parking light (both front as well as rear) stopped working; however, the high beam (LHS front) and the brake light (LHS rear) are working fine. I located the fuse for the same in the fuse block at the engine bay and swapped it with the same for the RHS to confirm it to be an issue due to a blown-fuse. Is this fuse available with car accessory shops or do I need to make a visit to the TASS itself to get it replaced?

2. The LHS fornt fog lamp (fitted as OEM accessory at the time of buying the car) stopped working. Looks like due to a blown-out bulb - How easy it is to replace the front fog lamp bulb of Safari?
Both issues have very simple solutions, a fuse is available almost at every auto parts store, and even replacing the fused bulb is a simple DIY.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 10:44   #4941
Senior - BHPian

My Safari makes aloud screeching sound while cranking sometimes, while screeching sound comes the self stops/slows. Its like suddenly the power is cut-of and then put ON in a second. What might be the problem?
Old 28th December 2012, 11:14   #4942
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
My Safari makes aloud screeching sound while cranking sometimes, while screeching sound comes the self stops/slows. Its like suddenly the power is cut-of and then put ON in a second. What might be the problem?
It is the sound of your fan belt either being slightly worn out or loose. Get it checked.
Old 28th December 2012, 11:16   #4943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... screeching sound while cranking sometimes, while screeching sound comes the self stops/slows. ...
Sounds like the starter bearing is shot. Repairable, I think.
Old 28th December 2012, 15:52   #4944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Lohith - this is primarily due to the turbo lag. Once you get a hang of "handling" it while starting from standstill on an incline, you will not face this issue. Don't worry, there is nothing wrong with your Safari
Old 28th December 2012, 16:47   #4945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
It is the sound of your fan belt either being slightly worn out or loose. Get it checked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Sounds like the starter bearing is shot. Repairable, I think.
Has it anything to do with battery? I checked battery voltage, while the engine is OFF it is 12V and while cranking it comes down to 9.5V. Might be one or the other cell is weak?
Old 28th December 2012, 16:56   #4946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... engine is OFF it is 12V and while cranking it comes down to 9.5V. ...
Doubt it. Borderline, but battery should last some time.

I said starter bearing because that is the only thing that can squeak while cranking. The idler pulley or the belt will squeak at idling and later too, but hardly while cranking.

Open the bonnet, stand in front, and ask someone to crank. You should be able to locate the squeak.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 17:18   #4947
BANNED

Quote:
Has it anything to do with battery? I checked battery voltage, while the engine is OFF it is 12V and while cranking it comes down to 9.5V. Might be one or the other cell is weak?
Possible, but I d suggest you check the belt first and then get the battery checked.
Old 28th December 2012, 18:49   #4948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Both issues have very simple solutions, a fuse is available almost at every auto parts store, and even replacing the fused bulb is a simple DIY.

Thanks Lukeskywalker. Will try it with the nearest autoparts store.

Keeping some extra fuses in the car looks to be a good idea. I remember collecting some from the SA last time; but they are bigger in size and looks to be used with the ones that are below/right of the steering wheel. Need to keep some of these smaller type fuse with me as well.
Old 30th December 2012, 09:57   #4949
BHPian

Hello, i am sure someone must had this issue but i couldn't locate it here..
My safari makes some fan/engine Noice during initial 1-2kms with service light blinking and noice still on when i take the key out. If i drive it after 2 mins everything works fine and service light off and back to normal.

Extended warranty expired this month, would appriciate if someone could please help me out..
Old 30th December 2012, 17:09   #4950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Twin View Post
Hello, i am sure someone must had this issue but i couldn't locate it here..
My safari makes some fan/engine Noice during initial 1-2kms with service light blinking and noice still on when i take the key out. If i drive it after 2 mins everything works fine and service light off and back to normal.

Extended warranty expired this month, would appreciate if someone could please help me out..
It must be some belt noise. As the rubber warms/settles, it becomes OK. Check all the belts and best is leave the car overnight at service center, and go in there morning and replicate. Though the belts do not come under warranty, except timing belt. So Best luck

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks