Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 10:15   #1201
BHPian

1. Ecu software updation.
2. Ecu cover
3. Some updation left door only.
4. Timing cover change.

I have spoken to the TASS guys many a times. Each time I tell them about ECU software updation, they say that there is only a cover to be put. To protect from water while cleaning etc.

Mine is from the first batch. Although they have updated everything as and when required. They refuse to accept the fact that there is an ECU updation.

What do I need to do?
Old 17th September 2009, 12:50   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
2. Ecu cover
4. Timing cover change.

I have spoken to the TASS guys many a times. Each time I tell them about ECU software updation, they say that there is only a cover to be put. To protect from water while cleaning etc.

Mine is from the first batch. Although they have updated everything as and when required. They refuse to accept the fact that there is an ECU updation.

What do I need to do?
Check your invoice it has type of update and see if the Software update is mentioned there. In my invoice it is mentioned.
Probably it is already done and the local workshop does not even know that ECU is re-flashed.

Write to TML if it is not mentioned in invoice.
Old 17th September 2009, 13:26   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Got the retro done for my beast.
2. Ecu cover
4. Timing cover change.

No timing pulley or belt change.
My initial feed back 3rd gear got more range.
The retrofits are classified at Type A, B, C and D.

I think that your is type B. Can you confirm.

The updation in the left door is for better / improved electric window operation. As per my info this is for both the front - doors.

In my vehicle (Dec '07) they did a type C retrofit. However they informed that the door updation already existed and was hence not done.

Now the turbolag has reduced and the power delivery is much more refined and spread over a bigger band.

Not very happy with the quality of work (not very happy allowing them to open the engine) but I had to decide over carrying out the updation or NOT. I chose to do it.

Quote:
2. Ecu cover
4. Timing cover change.

What do I need to do?
Which month make is your safari ?. My info is that post June - July '09, the updated ECU was already in production.
If your is from the 1st batch i.e Oct - Nov '07, yours would be a Type D retrofit. This also includes a timimg belt / pulley change. See Dadu's post in Technical section.
Type D also includes (I think) a water pump change - though I am not very sure.

Last edited by kingshukt : 17th September 2009 at 13:35.
kingshukt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2009, 14:12   #1204
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. Ecu cover
4. Timing cover change.

What do I need to do?
hi ,
Retro process is on at Sanya Motors , Mayapuri. You can visit there and speak the manager, clear all your doubts. Tata guys are there till 25th there.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:28   #1205
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
The retrofits are classified at Type A, B, C and D.

I think that your is type B. Can you confirm.

The updation in the left door is for better / improved electric window operation. As per my info this is for both the front - doors.

In my vehicle (Dec '07) they did a type C retrofit. However they informed that the door updation already existed and was hence not done.

Now the turbolag has reduced and the power delivery is much more refined and spread over a bigger band.

Not very happy with the quality of work (not very happy allowing them to open the engine) but I had to decide over carrying out the updation or NOT. I chose to do it.

Which month make is your safari ?. My info is that post June - July '09, the updated ECU was already in production.
If your is from the 1st batch i.e Oct - Nov '07, yours would be a Type D retrofit. This also includes a timimg belt / pulley change. See Dadu's post in Technical section.
Type D also includes (I think) a water pump change - though I am not very sure.
I asked the retro guys about it, they said they are checking the overall status, it will vary from vehicle to vehicle. I think they have a list of chassis nos in a file on the basis of which they are updating. I was there with my safari full time during the retro process. They checked both doors and did modification of left door only. Then checked the time belt and told no change required, only cover was changed and then the ECU updation was done took around 10 minutes for it.

Last edited by v&v : 17th September 2009 at 14:29.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:31   #1206
BHPian

Mine just finished the retrofitting of these items:

1. Timing Belt Upgradation
2. Front door Glass actuating Levers
3. Rubber Cover for the ECU
4. ECU software updation
5. AC fuse updation

They insisted that I bring the car around for mandatory work. I spoke to the engineer from Pune who said the job will normally cost about Rs 20000/- but the company is doing this FOC.

I notice that the engine is not so smooth after the ECU updation. It has to learn my driving style - I guess. It used to chug at around 1200 rpm without protesting before this. Now it acts like my old TCIC safari.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:55   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
2. Ecu cover
4. Timing cover change.

What do I need to do?
Fight for your ECU flashing. I had to do so for mine as TASS dont do it themselves but call someone from outside (I think Delphi) to do it.
Old 17th September 2009, 16:56   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I notice that the engine is not so smooth after the ECU updation. It has to learn my driving style - I guess. It used to chug at around 1200 rpm without protesting before this. Now it acts like my old TCIC safari.
Are you sure.. What we have seen around on this forum is that the power delivery is extremely linear now starting all the way from 1300-1400 until 2700 rpm. Can you do a ecu reset and try again ?
Old 17th September 2009, 17:16   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Mine just finished the retrofitting of these items:

1. Timing Belt Upgradation
2. Front door Glass actuating Levers
3. Rubber Cover for the ECU
4. ECU software updation
5. AC fuse updation

They insisted that I bring the car around for mandatory work. I spoke to the engineer from Pune who said the job will normally cost about Rs 20000/- but the company is doing this FOC.

Hey prowler, which TASC did you get the retrofit done??
Old 17th September 2009, 18:32   #1210
BHPian

Hi,
Mine is a May 2009 batch Safari (checked TML invoice to Dealership at delivery time), I took delivery in August, 2009.
Kindly anyone suggest, do mine also need any ECU or other up-gradation?
Old 17th September 2009, 21:20   #1211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Hi,
Mine is a May 2009 batch Safari (checked TML invoice to Dealership at delivery time), I took delivery in August, 2009.
Kindly anyone suggest, do mine also need any ECU or other up-gradation?
Yes you do.. Follow up with your dealer
Old 18th September 2009, 09:06   #1212
BHPian

Prowler,
Right after the E.C.U upgrade i noticed that vibrations had increased.This could be due to long idling after ecu reset.After a day the engine became a lot more smoother.The vehicle characteristics have changed.The turbo has lost it's punch a bit.But if you want to see where the power has gone, please rev the vehicle to 3000 RPM and you will notice the smooth power delivery and a good surge of power transferred to the seat of your pants.This has made the power delivery more linear almost like a naturally aspirated engine,but at the cost of the turbo kick.This might prove good for the drive train components in the longer run I.M.H.O.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:50   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
hi ,
Retro process is on at Sanya Motors , Mayapuri. You can visit there and speak the manager, clear all your doubts. Tata guys are there till 25th there.
Thanks. I have done my booking for 21st.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:52   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
Fight for your ECU flashing. I had to do so for mine as TASS dont do it themselves but call someone from outside (I think Delphi) to do it.
You bet I will. Which batch is yours? 2007 or 2008?
Old 18th September 2009, 15:18   #1215
BHPian

Mumbai 2.2 Owners - Help!

Please let me know by posting in this thread or by PMing me as and when you receive a call for the updation/retrofit that is underway for 2.2s of the '07 and '08 batch. From any of the dealers in Mumbai..

I purchased my 2.2 from Bangalore, Concorde Motors and I have since shifted to Mumbai. I got a call last week from Concorde Motors asking me to bring in my vehicle. Obviously not an option for me.

Fortunately, I had ensured that my address and contact details were updated in TMs Sable CRM through Fortune Cars, the TASC at Powai.

Now, its interesting that I got the call on my Mumbai number from Concorde and not from Fortune. It seems TM is tracing the vehicles of a particular batch/criteria through the Sales Data of the dealers and not by vehicles meeting the criteria in a city. Hence, the CRM from Concorde warned me it is possible TM may overlook calling me as and when the team reaches Mumbai. It seems they are to leave for Chennai after Bangalore, to be followed by Hyderabad and then Mumbai around the 1st week of October.

As expected, the CRM (Mr. Rathod) and other people at Fortune Cars are completely in the dark about this updation/retrofit. To his credit, the Fortune CRM called their TM contact in front of me and confirmed they were also clueless.

Although I have left my details and contact with them and intend to keep following up, I want to be sure I dont miss it. Hence, please let me know?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks