Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2021, 16:26   #76
BHPian

Re: Problem in steering rack-assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN88 View Post
Hi all,

I have an issue with my 2008 Honda city. There is a kind of clicking sound or tak-tak-tak when I am turning the steering in either direction for a u turn or a sharp left or right.
A clicking sound could be related to a worn out CV joint.
Old 25th February 2021, 14:24   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I think you understood me correctly. Sound is indeed pronounced at full lock turns from stationary but does exist at less than full lock also from stationary. I will visit an FNG first and get this verified. Thanks
Was this issue resolved? If so, what were the parts that were replaced?

I have 2005 Swift run 65k kms that has this tak-tak noise when the turning steering wheel while in motion or standstill. It started off as a mild sound which is become more pronounced now. More like releasing the tension from a spring, when the steering wheel is turned left or right.
Old 26th February 2021, 18:57   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Was this issue resolved? If so, what were the parts that were replaced?

I have 2005 Swift run 65k kms that has this tak-tak noise when the turning steering wheel while in motion or standstill. It started off as a mild sound which is become more pronounced now. More like releasing the tension from a spring, when the steering wheel is turned left or right.
Checked with the Maruti service centre today and they said the bush in the steering box has to be replaced along with the link rods. They will get the bush replaced at the lathe and gave an overall estimate of 11k. Thinking of getting a second opinion at an independent garage just to be sure that is the issue.
Old 27th February 2021, 18:35   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Checked with the Maruti service centre today and they said the bush in the steering box has to be replaced along with the link rods. They will get the bush replaced at the lathe and gave an overall estimate of 11k. Thinking of getting a second opinion at an independent garage just to be sure that is the issue.
Got a second opinion at a known Bosch service centre today and they said the bearing on the strut mount is worn. The struts needs to be replaced too since it's leaking. These have never been replaced till date. I asked about the steering and they said it doesn't seem anything to do with the steering, but they will check other steering components once they start work.
Old 27th February 2021, 18:54   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got a second opinion at a known Bosch service centre today and they said the bearing on the strut mount is worn. The struts needs to be replaced too since it's leaking. These have never been replaced till date. I asked about the steering and they said it doesn't seem anything to do with the steering, but they will check other steering components once they start work.
Bosch service is usually some local garage roped in to sell Bosch parts, I suggest you get such critical bits fixed at the OEM service center.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks