Team-BHP - Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/47047-skoda-laura-problems-solutions-thread-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 2424288)
I just installed convex right side ORVM on my Laura. Thanks to jatinganapathy's tip in his thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2410066

Wish I had done a better job of aligning it with the old mold mirror.

I messed up my alignment too! We should have used a suction cup to hold the mirror & align it rather than using fingers to squeeze it in. I used liberal strips of 3M double sided tape.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akki_5 (Post 2430579)
Hey
even i ordered one of these. had been looking for one since the last two years, found it now thanks to you and jatinganapathy! but i am going to remove my old mirror and stick this one direct on the backplate as i have heated mirrors and the heater wont work if the new mirror is pasted on the old one. what i can see from your photos is that the two mirrors are not the exact shape, can you please comment on this?
i have also ordered for aspheric mirror instead of the convex ones as i just love the mirrors on my octavia and e280 (they are aspheric by default).
thanks!

The current batch of Ambientes including mine (April '11) have heated mirrors. It just needs to be enabled on vag-com. Good luck on replacing your current one with another aspheric heated set. You will in all likelihood have to break off the existing mirror (since not attached with any fastener but rather with adhesive) and only then fit your replacement. Do post up on how it went including getting the heating element connectors mated.

A rattle from rear(most probably the parcel tray) has cropped up, i remember reading about it somewhere on the forum about this. Any clues on cause and solution??

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman
A rattle from rear(most probably the parcel tray) has cropped up, i remember reading about it somewhere on the forum about this. Any clues on cause and solution??

Same in my TSI too. But it's not from the parcel tray. The rattle seems to be originating from the stop lamp assembly on the rear windshield. I read somewhere on this forum that someone had a rattle coming from the same location and they got it fixed.

Do check if it's the same in your case. You can ask someone to press their hand against the stop lamp while you are driving. The rattling stops or get muted.

Oh, I have the same problem with my TDi and wasnt sure where to bring up the issue. Had it fixed a couple of days ago, but with the rains palying havoc on Pune roads, the rattle has returned.

Any idea as to how to get rid of it permanantly?

@Maibaa: In my case, it is the rear parcel tray that rattles. Even I had the same feeling with the stop lamp. But then, tried the same technique and confrmed, it indeed is the parcel tray.

i got the same issue with my tsi too, i think its the rear seat arm rest cause when i put the rear armrest in the out position the rattle dissappears strange :)

The rattle is present from the first day in my Laura too... And it is 100% frm the rear stop light in the windshield. I tested it by holding it while a friend was driving over a rough patch of road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 2444140)
The rattle is present from the first day in my Laura too... And it is 100% frm the rear stop light in the windshield. I tested it by holding it while a friend was driving over a rough patch of road.

Thanks will tell the dealer this when i give the car for service next :)

Pls someone tell me. is there a seat belt warning system present in 2011 new batch Lauras? any one with ambient can confirm? mine is deactivated/absent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 2500387)
Pls someone tell me. is there a seat belt warning system present in 2011 new batch Lauras? any one with ambient can confirm? mine is deactivated/absent.

Its only present in the l&k & not other variants:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berj79

Its only present in the l&k & not other variants:)

Thanks. But you mean to say it is deactivated and can be activated via vag-com? Or the electronics in the seat belt buckle are entirely absent?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 2501307)
Thanks. But you mean to say it is deactivated and can be activated via vag-com? Or the electronics in the seat belt buckle are entirely absent?

it cannot be activated through vcds/vag-com, the seatbelt wiring is missing as they come with the memory seats..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berj79

it cannot be activated through vcds/vag-com, the seatbelt wiring is missing as they come with the memory seats..

Thanks for the info. I messed around quite a bit with vcds to activate it. Then practically there is nothing else i can activate on my ambiente besides day time running lights which i have done. Needle sweep and average fuel consumption in km/L possible?

A friend of mine topped up engine oil in his TSI and forgot to put the cap back on and drove around for approx. 15 kms before realizing. :Shockked: What could be the issues resulting from this, I could see a little dust around the cap area. Does one need to flush out the engine oil (in case it is contaminated)? What other corrective actions should be taken?

Hi,
In the best case there should be no damage unless he cross-countries in a Laura and drives in dusty dirty road conditions.
Incidentally how is the car engine working all normal?

ask him to check the oil levels ( spills) any marks of oil in the engine bay? a top up/level check is recommended...

If he wants to be 100 % safe & sure, he could change oil via the flushing method.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luky_13 (Post 2506396)
A friend of mine topped up engine oil in his TSI and forgot to put the cap back on and drove around for approx. 15 kms before realizing. :Shockked: What could be the issues resulting from this, I could see a little dust around the cap area. Does one need to flush out the engine oil (in case it is contaminated)? What other corrective actions should be taken?

Dont worry. The engine oil, prior to circulation and after circulation is filtered at the engine oil filter and driving 15 kms with the hood/bonnet closed would have anyway shielded it from any heavy contamination. He can continue driving normally without any fear.

The dust you see around the cap area is common to all cars since the oil wicks there resulting in dust attraction and accumulation.