Team-BHP - Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/47047-skoda-laura-problems-solutions-thread-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 2339063)
Where are the Horns in Laura located? Any pics would be helpful?

In the latest Lauras, they have changed the horn set up completely, right in front of the engine bay, near the front bumper, they have even changed the horn itself, its a more humble sounding horn likes of Civic and Cruze.. i dnt like it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 2408157)
In the latest Lauras, they have changed the horn set up completely, right in front of the engine bay, near the front bumper, they have even changed the horn itself, its a more humble sounding horn likes of Civic and Cruze.. i dnt like it!

My car has the older Windtone Horns.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 2408165)
My car has the older Windtone Horns.

Sales guy at Skoda said they had complaints from previous owners on the Windtone horns, and they were located right behind the engine bay on the left hand side. you can possibly check there. by the way, inspired by your economical driving tips and methods, managed to get a cool 20 kmpl on my first tank full. I've already driven 1000 kms in 4 days:Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemen (Post 2396557)
My Laura1.9PD tdi also doesn't have a seatbelt warning alarm.:Frustrati

i have the same problem and it is some thing which i have never seen on any Laura or any other Skoda even the Classic trim Fabia has seatbelt warning.. lets try to take the issue at the workshop tomorrow.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 2408157)

The windtone horns on the earlier Laura's and octavias were quite classy and I personally quite liked them. On my month old Ambiente TSI the horn is much louder and sounds like the ones on my Corolla. The horn is placed just behing the front grille

Quote:

Originally Posted by R. Kotwal (Post 2396272)
Hi Everyone,

Second, my car does not have seatbelt warning alarm. I requested the dealer workshop people to activate the feature through VAG in case not activated already. It turns out that there is no seatbelt warning alarm in the Laura? Can Laura owners confirm please?

The single door unlocking was activated today through VAG on my request. One press of the unlock button now only opens the driver's door, while the rest as well as the boot remains locked. If you press the same buton twice that would open all the doors as well as unlock the boot.

Seatbelt warning alarm is absent on my car as well. But the single door unlocking is activated on my car by default. As are tacho and speedo needle swipes when the battery is turned on. I read on another thread that this was activated later on through VAG and was not on by default.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat

The windtone horns on the earlier Laura's and octavias were quite classy and I personally quite liked them..

Old windtone horns were classy and a unique identification to Skodas. When i asked my dealer to charge extra for the wind tone horn and fit it at the workshop, he said there is no stock of the old horns, ridiculously he promised to get me one, when an accidental car arrives at the workshop! I'll be getting Minda Wind tone horn, excellent quality and almost similar to the old horns in the Skoda and VW family. By the way, they still continue to give old wind tones in the Superb and Yeti!

Quote:

Originally Posted by R. Kotwal (Post 2396272)
Hi Everyone,

I have a 3 week old Laura Elegance 2.0 TDI Manual. I have been noticing all along that when the speed goes beyond 45 Kmph, there is a peculiar kind of sound that comes from the rear right of the car, somewhere near the real right door. I would say that the sound is something like radio static,- or something like when you sprinkle some water on boiling oil. .

Second, my car does not have seatbelt warning alarm. I requested the dealer workshop people to activate the feature through VAG in case not activated already. It turns out that there is no seatbelt warning alarm in the Laura? Can Laura owners confirm please?

I have a new Fabia elegance and have noticed this sound once before, when the rear passenger window was open. I thought it was sound of wind rattling something on the inside of rear window - like the seat belt maybe. Normally I drive alone with AC on so never noticed this sound afterwards. Does the sound appear, even with windows closed?

Seatbelt alarm is not available in New Fabia Elegance trim also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandbhat (Post 1006114)
Thought it would be helpful for all the Laura owners here to share problems/knowledge about Laura.
We should keep adding to this thread any problems/solutions on Laura, that could be a cool handbook/reference guide!
To start with, I'm posting few links on technical knowledge base on Skoda Laura (Octavia II in Europe) below.

Will keep adding more and welcome others to add when ever some information is found!

Anand ji, I went to the workshop here at Ahmedabad, to see whether the service guy is willing to activate the seatbelt warning signal for my june 2011 Laura ambiente dsg. but to my shock he did not even believe what i was saying and how it was possible to do so by VAG-COM. what can I do? can you give me the exact codes for 1. Seatbelt safety warning, 2. Day time running lights, 3. activate defogging of ORVM's. Pls help me.

Most of the service engineers don't know beyond getting a report from the VAS (this is what the machine in work-shop is called).
Codes vary between the models, so codes will not be useful. And description of the codes may vary between the VAG-COM cable Vs VAS used by work-shop.
Best way would be to get hold of a VAG-COM and experiment.
Be cautious to not touch anything that is system critical such as: steering wheel related, ABS related, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandbhat (Post 2416088)
Most of the service engineers don't know beyond getting a report from the VAS (this is what the machine in work-shop is called).
Codes vary between the models, so codes will not be useful. And description of the codes may vary between the VAG-COM cable Vs VAS used by work-shop.
Best way would be to get hold of a VAG-COM and experiment.
Be cautious to not touch anything that is system critical such as: steering wheel related, ABS related, etc.

I am trying to source the vag-com cable on ebay. the one on petes (ross tech) is too expensive. I am getting one on ebay from the US for 100$. could you provide a specification if any? thanks in advance.:thumbs up

Hi would anyone know whether we can make the ORVMs foldable electronically in Ambientes.May be Mr Anand Bhatt could help.

By the way regarding the seat belt warnings, we have two lauras 08 model and 10 model the older one has the seat belt warning while the newer one does not. May be Skoda has decided that we are quite concerned 'on our own' of our safety.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by NKR (Post 2419882)
Hi would anyone know whether we can make the ORVMs foldable electronically in Ambientes.May be Mr Anand Bhatt could help.

By the way regarding the seat belt warnings, we have two lauras 08 model and 10 model the older one has the seat belt warning while the newer one does not. May be Skoda has decided that we are quite concerned 'on our own' of our safety.:D

You will need to replace the existing ORVM with motorized ORVM assemblies on both sides and then code the ECU using VAG-COM. You could even program the ECU to display seat belt warnings on the console without adding additional hardware. Current breed of Laura Ambiente's seem to be on a diet - no fogs, no rain sensing wipers, no auto dimming rear view mirror... the list goes on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luky_13 (Post 2420077)
Current breed of Laura Ambiente's seem to be on a diet - no fogs, no rain sensing wipers, no auto dimming rear view mirror... the list goes on.

Considering the current equipment deletions from Ambiente version, Elegance trim now looks like better value for money. Unfortunately the TSi buyers do not have any choice.

Last week on my drive on NH10, it was raining heavily and not even once i had to activate wipers manually. The wipers were on auto mode with sensitivity set at one step below max and the Auto wipers worked nicely.

I do miss Auto folding mirrors when parking at crowded spots.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 2420111)
Last week on my drive on NH10, it was raining heavily and not even once i had to activate wipers manually. The wipers were on auto mode with sensitivity set at one step below max and the Auto wipers worked nicely.

Thanks for rubbing salt on already inflamed wounds!!lol:

I'm in the process of trying to figure out the Process of installation (including programming) of rain/light sensor + auto dimming mirror. Need an extended wire loom to connect the sensor to the existing wiring harness, once installed. The workshop has outrightly refused to upgrade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by virkdoc (Post 2313039)
Hi guys just took a delivery of the Skoda Laura Elegance AT yesterday.
Cant seem to roll up the windiws from the remote, also the wear seat belt light does not come on.
Also is there a way I can see the fuel efficency in kmpl instead of l/100km?
Any help would be appreciated.

Note from Support: Query moved to this thread. Please continue the discussion here. Thanks

You can now read km/l instead of l/100km on the Lauras, but you need Vag-Com. Read more: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...vag-com-9.html