Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 16:26   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbhat View Post
Here is a picture from Ross-tech support page, to show how long coding page would look like.
Click on each box (byte select), and it displays the options that can be changed in each byte.
I'm not sure about how the interface of VAS (this is what Skoda *** have) looks like, but should be similar to this I guess.
thanks alot anand, you think skoda will come to know if we attach the vagcom to the car? is there a log file that they can check? that will give history when the car last got attached to the vagcom?
Thanks..
Old 9th November 2009, 17:22   #62
BHPian

Nope, I don't think there is any such logging supported.
ECU does store the time, speed, etc. when an error code is generated, but I have not observed any thing that says "your last connection to VAG was at xxxxxx" or such notification.
Old 10th November 2009, 01:47   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, I don't think there is any such logging supported.
ECU does store the time, speed, etc. when an error code is generated, but I have not observed any thing that says "your last connection to VAG was at xxxxxx" or such notification.
hmmn, so unless i dont get a error code they wont find out, is there a way of them finding out through hardware where the vagcom attaches to?
thanks alot anand for your help...
Old 11th November 2009, 01:13   #64
Awaiting Email Confirmation

They will definitely find out. For eg: when you send your car for servicing, the driver unlocks the car and the headlamps light up. He looks at your car wondering 'how on earth did this happen with an Ambiente?'. That says it all. You've tampered with the VAS.

@berj79 - I'll be going to the workshop on the 20th of this month mostly. Will keep you updated. If you find out anything of interest, text me.
Old 12th November 2009, 02:54   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
They will definitely find out. For eg: when you send your car for servicing, the driver unlocks the car and the headlamps light up. He looks at your car wondering 'how on earth did this happen with an Ambiente?'. That says it all. You've tampered with the VAS.

@berj79 - I'll be going to the workshop on the 20th of this month mostly. Will keep you updated. If you find out anything of interest, text me.
yup thats true, keep me updated about what happens,
cheers..
Old 13th November 2009, 21:14   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I could do that.
Only thing that I was trying was TPM, without any success, but I think for TPM to work, it needs few mods both on the air valve on tyres, and display.
Since I don't have a dot matrix display, several features that need dot matrix to work, can't be made to work.
i did some digging in other skoda forums regarding the tpms, for tpms to work u dont need sensors on the tire valves as skoda/VW use the abs sensor to check the tire diameter to see if there is a loss of air in one tire compare to the others but u will surely need the tpm "SET" button on the center console to set it, too much headache i would say its not worth the hassle as you might have to do wiring etc, the tpms is also nothing great as it doesnt give you info about the psi etc & you cant set it to a desired psi of your choice, its only good if you have a slow puncture thats all..

Last edited by Berj79 : 13th November 2009 at 21:15.
Old 15th November 2009, 18:41   #67
BHPian

well, to be honest - there are no discreet values that you can set TPM for.
TPM rocks if you ask me - the sensors are pretty accurate. it has saved me once by detecting a slow puncture. slow punctures are the tough ones to detect anyways compared to a fast puncture or a blowout in which case tpm is reactive,
however nothing beats the proactive warnings that TPM gives you for slow punctures.
you just need to press the tpm button when you fill air and you are set to go.
never ignore the TPM - it really saves you time and money!
Old 16th November 2009, 21:45   #68
BHPian

Berj79, AB,
Thanks for the details.
@Berj79, it will be great if you can point to the details you have acquired, will give it a shot some time.
Old 21st November 2009, 01:50   #69

Two days ago, i learnt that the new FL Laura has cornering lights feature too! There is a small bulb next to the main fog lamp bulb in the fog lamp housing. So, if activated through VC, the fog lamp of the side the steering wheel is turned to, will light up. How cool is that! Just need to get my hands on the VC!

@anandbhat- Is your car out of warranty? How old is it?
Old 21st November 2009, 03:06   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Two days ago, i learnt that the new FL Laura has cornering lights feature too! There is a small bulb next to the main fog lamp bulb in the fog lamp housing. So, if activated through VC, the fog lamp of the side the steering wheel is turned to, will light up. How cool is that! Just need to get my hands on the VC!

@anandbhat- Is your car out of warranty? How old is it?
sweet, have u seen the bulb physically??
Old 22nd November 2009, 01:13   #71

Duh! Obviously, i have seen it. That's how i know about it. Let's meet up in the coming week. BTW how are your talks with Lalit? My car will go for first service on Monday. I will meet Neville after that.
Old 22nd November 2009, 01:56   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Duh! Obviously, i have seen it. That's how i know about it. Let's meet up in the coming week. BTW how are your talks with Lalit? My car will go for first service on Monday. I will meet Neville after that.
This is Sweet, i also found out from other skoda forums that it can be activated by vagcom, i havent spoken to lalit yet, you are already due for 1st service, you have done 15k kms already?
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:25   #73

First service is 7.5k for Skoda and 15k for Volkswagen.
I have done 7.5k+
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:22   #74
BHPian

Quote:
First service is 7.5k for Skoda and 15k for Volkswagen.
I have done 7.5k+

As far as I know, service interval is at 10,000km. Prior to 2007 models, had 7.5k, but even those models need service only after 10k now.

I have another 8 months to get past warranty period.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:32   #75

Correction:

The first service was due at 10k kms but i thought i should get the engine oil changed. Plus, wanted to get the interiors cleaned too.
Both Skoda and VW manuals recommend service intervals of 15k kms. But AutoBahn recommended my first service at 10k kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks