Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2015, 20:43   #811
BHPian

re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Try reducing the coolant in the tank a little so that it is below the max mark. Overfilling of coolant could be the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The coolant warning light also turns on if the GND lead of the sensor is disconnected or the lead is cut somewhere. The easiest way to check this is to remove the sensor from the coolant expansion tank, take a bare wire and connect the lead to the car's body completing the circuit. If the warning goes off, it indicates a disconnection in the GND lead.
Behemoth, the coolant hasn't been topped in 6 months & car has been driven 3,500 kms since.
Gannu, am afraid of shorting something as am not very familiar with the sensors etc, by GND do u mean ground?
Old 11th April 2015, 20:46   #812
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Gannu, am afraid of shorting something as am not very familiar with the sensors etc, by GND do u mean ground?
Yeah I meant ground. Take it to the service centre. They should sort it out for you.

I am traveling at the moment so cant help with the pics else I would have uploaded some pics to help you out with this.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 23:14   #813
BHPian

Guys, needed your urgent help.

A friend of mine has been searching for quite sometime and has finally managed to locate one. http://www.cardekho.com/used-car-det...ata_729257.htm

We will try to have a look at the car tomorrow. I was hoping you guys could give me and my friend a few pointers on what we should be looking for. I know about the timing belt issue and have suggested that he should change it immediately if he decides to buy it.
Old 12th April 2015, 13:46   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Guys, needed your urgent help.

A friend of mine has been searching for quite sometime and has finally managed to locate one. http://www.cardekho.com/used-car-det...ata_729257.htm

We will try to have a look at the car tomorrow. I was hoping you guys could give me and my friend a few pointers on what we should be looking for. I know about the timing belt issue and have suggested that he should change it immediately if he decides to buy it.
I think price is good but hope that it is genuinely 28k run. 7 yrs and 28k kms is little unrealistic. Timing belt for Laura models get changed at 90k kms in Diesel not sure about petrol. I don't think timing belt should be an issue.
Old 12th April 2015, 14:49   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Am here again with yet another problem, when I started the my TSI('11 model with 23,500kms, serviced last Aug) this afternoon at home the coolant warning light stays on in red(with audible alarm 3 beeps)
Problem diagnosed to cut sensor wire, courtesy of friendly neighborhood rats. Should get my cat to increase his patrol area
Drove to a nearby garage 0.5Km away, he taped it after pulling & cutting the wire.
Alarm disappeared, damage 50Rs.
Thanks everyone.
Old 1st May 2015, 16:11   #816
BHPian

The left low beam bulb (the one on the projector) on my 1.8 TSI has gone kaput. Since the headlight assembly will anyway be opened I am thinking of using this to upgrade to better and white light bulbs. Any recommendations?
Old 1st May 2015, 16:15   #817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
The left low beam bulb (the one on the projector) on my 1.8 TSI has gone kaput. Since the headlight assembly will anyway be opened I am thinking of using this to upgrade to better and white light bulbs. Any recommendations?
I changed to 55w Philips Blue vision for low beam few years back, light output is similar but slightly blueish shade looks better.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 16:32   #818
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Get a set of xenon bulbs. Look out for Philips Can-Bus xenons, they will make sure the bulb errors don't come on too. Get 4300k or 5000k whichever is available. It will improve the lighting a huge amount, and the cost will be 7-8k.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 16:43   #819
BHPian

Skoda Laura Glow plug warning & metal swarf

Hi,
2010 Laura TDI - Since some weeks have been getting a glow plug warning intermittently.
ASS checked it out using the VAS but as I understood they found metal "swarf" in the fuel filter. Showed me the photos they took. They cleared the fault in the VAS check telling me to drive and check if warning light comes back on.
Took the car back and two days later warning lights flashes again.!!
Now understand its probably some issue with the submerged fuel pump in the tank ??.
a) They want to empty the fuel tank and check the pump.
b) ASS said if required they will change the pump in the tank - approx INR 10k.
c) Said will take 8 days approx as after cleaning they want to test drive for some time.
Awaiting some updates as this goes to post.

In the meantime has anyone had this issue before ?? Would be happy to know. Worried I might be slapped with a huge bill although I do have extended warranty.
Regards,
Old 13th May 2015, 16:28   #820
BHPian

Hi All, I have a 2011 Skoda Laura 2.0 TDI Elegance DSG run at 50K kms. I am planning a few upgrades for the car which are below;

1. The tires would need change in 5k kms or so, currently the NCT5's are hard and the ride is getting jarring. The suspensions are good so what tires would strike a balance between good grip and comfort although i would want comfort more in 60/40 vis-a-vis grip/handing.

2. I am also planning to get a multi functional steering wheel along with the Cruise control column. Which parts from Vagtune would i need to buy to make this operational and does anyone know any good guy in Mumbai who would install this?

Thanks in advance!
Old 13th May 2015, 18:04   #821
BHPian

I have had primacy lc for about 35k kms and result was fantastic. It was super quite ad grippy. Have reached 200kph!. Also I ad upsides Tyres to 205 55 to 205 65 and that saved lot of scraping in bangalore road
For multi function steering you can consult vagtune guys. Check on their wesitefor contact. I had planned for this upgrade but now I'm out looking for upgrading the car itself.
anandbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 18:21   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbhat View Post
I have had primacy lc for about 35k kms and result was fantastic. It was super quite ad grippy. Have reached 200kph!. Also I ad upsides Tyres to 205 55 to 205 65 and that saved lot of scraping in bangalore road
For multi function steering you can consult vagtune guys. Check on their wesitefor contact. I had planned for this upgrade but now I'm out looking for upgrading the car itself.
Wouldnt the upgrade from 205 55 to 205 65 affect DSG operations in some way plus its way over 3% difference in the circumference. I was thinking something like 205 60, even thats a bit high. How was the ride quality on the LC? I am looking something more plusher.

Do vagtune guys suggest someone here in Mumbai for carrying out the modifications?
Old 13th May 2015, 22:30   #823
BHPian

I have had no issue with the tire upgrade, it comes to 5% difference, which wasn't an issue. I couldn't get the 205 60 profile tyres.
I think I had a minor drop in mileage, but ride quality was very good. primacy LC was super quite and it had very good grip. But since I haven't driven a car with other tyres, now I have changed to Yokahama A Drive, I liked Primacy LC to Yokahama.

In there website vagute.in they do mention - Remote support available for installation
so if you buy from them, they might support through phone for installation. Please check with them. They are not as responsive on email, but on phone you can contact them (based on what I experienced last time).
Old 18th May 2015, 08:24   #824
BHPian

Can anyone suggest the below HU for Laura would work? Its pretty cheap compared to what i am getting here.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-R...334274269.html
Old 20th May 2015, 10:33   #825
BHPian

In my 2010 Laura diesel MT(69k), Over the last 2 days i have had the abs and traction control warning lights pop up intermittently. yesterday they popped up and did not go off. Have any of you faced this earlier, if so what was the cause and the change/work required and cost incurred ?

On searching online on briskoda, the cause is zeroed down to either a problem with the hub or a wheel speed sensor malfunction.

I should be sending the car to the ASS later this week. Will appreciate your inputs before i send it in?

thank you

Cheers
Desmodromic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks