Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2014, 10:11   #691
BHPian

Near the front right strut brace...below tge plastic shield. U got to open the bonnet, remove the rubber beading, pull the plastic sheild and take the print.
drrajanvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 08:34   #692
BHPian

re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Not sure if you got your car serviced already, but here are some details.

I have been to Vinayaka Skoda all the while last 5 years and I would say I'm not disappointed. It depends on the service adviser and how much attention he pays to your car.
Between the Oklipuram and Old Madras road service center, Oklipuram scores better, but its very congested and difficult to drive there.

Old Madras Road service center is not bad, but the good guys have been moved to Oklipuram.

Cheers,
Anand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's View Post
Hello everyone .
I have to service my Laura and looking for a reliable service centre. It's the 60k kms service. Where should I head to ?. As I am from Bangalore which is the preferred choice , Vinayak or Tafe ?. Or are there any other reliable and trustworthy workshops which I can consider ?. Since this being a 60k kms service any special care that I need to take , I have checked the manual though .
Thanks
Red's
Old 4th June 2014, 15:02   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Theres one near the driver's door. Another is in the engine bay, you need to remove the plastic beading near the wipers to see it. Very smple not technical to do so. And lots of links on google for a pictorial depiction of thr same.
I could see it below the plastic shield. Removed the beading but couldn't get around with the plastic shield. Couldn't find the google links also.

If its not too much of a hassle, would you be able to point me to a link having pictoral depiction, else will need to head to service centre.

Thanks!
Old 4th June 2014, 16:57   #694
BHPian

U have to lift the plastic and bend it.
Old 28th June 2014, 14:37   #695
BHPian

I have a Laura DSG TDI purchased on October 2012. The car has done approx 18000 Km and has been inspected/serviced as per requirement.

Over the last few weeks I felt that the AC was not cooling properly. I called up Autobahn Kurla (near my office) and was given an appointment after 2 days. On Wednesday morning the car was sent and the concerned SA called me that they have to put the car on the diagnostic machine to find out the fault.

I called the SA later afternoon but he mentioned that the car was still on the machine. Next morning I called him to and he told me that my ac compressor had failed and would need to be replaced. By then they had already sent the request for approval to the SKODA HO and had a word with the area manager. The approvals were in place and car with the necessary replacements/repairs was delivered to me by evening. All the part replacements and labor were covered under warranty.

The SA /dealer response and turn around time was quite good. But concerned about how the compressor can fail to early into the car life. Have attached the invoice.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Skoda.pdf (441.1 KB, 572 views)
Old 30th June 2014, 19:17   #696
BHPian

This is a common problem in all Skoda Laura's as they use a compressor (there's a specific term, i forget) that have high rates of failure in India.

The trick is to go out of Skoda to look for the solution. I had posted a solution for this some time ago (if you search for skoda laura compressor) maybe it shows up.

But essentially i had put the part number and the details that would need to go through to ensure you have a good ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
I have a Laura DSG TDI purchased on October 2012. The car has done approx 18000 Km and has been inspected/serviced as per requirement.

Over the last few weeks I felt that the AC was not cooling properly. I called up Autobahn Kurla (near my office) and was given an appointment after 2 days. On Wednesday morning the car was sent and the concerned SA called me that they have to put the car on the diagnostic machine to find out the fault.

I called the SA later afternoon but he mentioned that the car was still on the machine. Next morning I called him to and he told me that my ac compressor had failed and would need to be replaced. By then they had already sent the request for approval to the SKODA HO and had a word with the area manager. The approvals were in place and car with the necessary replacements/repairs was delivered to me by evening. All the part replacements and labor were covered under warranty.

The SA /dealer response and turn around time was quite good. But concerned about how the compressor can fail to early into the car life. Have attached the invoice.
Old 1st July 2014, 11:38   #697
BHPian

Hi all,
Don't know if this has been covered before in this thread or else where. If so, someone please guide me to it.

After reading the article on upgrade vs retain old car I've decided to keep my Skoda Laura L&K (Oct 2010, 52000 KMs). However, a couple of weeks earlier when i was planning to trade in the car for a new Passat, the VW guys who came to inspect the car did a strange test. They removed the dip stick and placed a hand kerchief near the opening, while the car was idling. After a minute or so there was very minor blow back. The kerchief had some tiny droplets of oil on it. Any way they said it was nothing serious but if the problem grows i will have the get the engine done up. Now I'm no novice with engine tech (participated in Himalayan Car Rally in 1986 and was an instructor at Army school of Driving and Maintenance) but this "test" blew me. Obvious first thought is that the blow back could be due worn rings. But just at 52000 kms it seems premature. I drive personally, am 55 years old, and keep my car very well maintained including sinthetic oil change every 10000 kms. Should i be worried ? Any other people have similar experience...
Old 1st July 2014, 12:43   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inder7 View Post
They removed the dip stick and placed a hand kerchief near the opening, while the car was idling. After a minute or so there was very minor blow back. The kerchief had some tiny droplets of oil on it. Any way they said it was nothing serious but if the problem grows i will have the get the engine done up. Now I'm no novice with engine tech (participated in Himalayan Car Rally in 1986 and was an instructor at Army school of Driving and Maintenance) but this "test" blew me. Obvious first thought is that the blow back could be due worn rings. But just at 52000 kms it seems premature.
Well, whosoever comes to evaluate your car will always try to de-valuate it, so I would not worry too much about it. Can you post a video of the blow-by? With handkerchief and without? Also, can you do the same test by opening the oil top-up cap?

My Tucson's CRDi engine has done 1,34,000 km and yes there is some blow-by. I never tested with handkerchief, only with plain eyes. In my case, I see oil droplets jumping up (along with some black smoke) if I open the oil top-up cap. If I remove the dip-stick, I only see very mild black smoke. I am not planning to doing anything on the engine.
Old 10th July 2014, 19:22   #699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inder7 View Post
Hi all,
Don't know if this has been covered before in this thread or else where. If so, someone please guide me to it.

After reading the article on upgrade vs retain old car I've decided to keep my Skoda Laura L&K (Oct 2010, 52000 KMs). However, a couple of weeks earlier when i was planning to trade in the car for a new Passat, the VW guys who came to inspect the car did a strange test. They removed the dip stick and placed a hand kerchief near the opening, while the car was idling. After a minute or so there was very minor blow back. The kerchief had some tiny droplets of oil on it. Any way they said it was nothing serious but if the problem grows i will have the get the engine done up. Now I'm no novice with engine tech (participated in Himalayan Car Rally in 1986 and was an instructor at Army school of Driving and Maintenance) but this "test" blew me. Obvious first thought is that the blow back could be due worn rings. But just at 52000 kms it seems premature. I drive personally, am 55 years old, and keep my car very well maintained including sinthetic oil change every 10000 kms. Should i be worried ? Any other people have similar experience...
Hi...
the test is of no use... I remember when i bought my second-hand TSI
the mechanic who came with me to inspect the car, did the same thing to try and get the price down.
I remeber taking it to "Senator motors - mumbai" and the service guy who gave me his input to evaluate the car said that all VW-Skoda-Audi cars will show some oil droplets, especially if the engine is revved hard. Only if the oil levels drop quickly { Roughly a liter of oil gets consumed in every 5000km) then its a sign of worry...
Old 11th July 2014, 10:50   #700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_zip View Post
VW-Skoda-Audi cars will show some oil droplets, especially if the engine is revved hard. Only if the oil levels drop quickly { Roughly a liter of oil gets consumed in every 5000km) then its a sign of worry...
My TSi consumes oil and if I rev hard which I do on cross country trips, the consumption can be 1L over 5000KM. Talking to Skoda service center guys is a waste of time, they know nothing. It's a fact that TSi engines consume oil and it's not a good thing.
Old 11th July 2014, 13:06   #701
BHPian

Guys my Laura is about to go in for the 60k service in the next 10 days. Apart from the ATF and other regual fluids, anything to look out for specifically? She is a 2.0 Diesel DSG.
Old 7th August 2014, 08:17   #702
BHPian

Morning all,

have a 4 yr old tsi 1.8 laura. The engine check light came on yesterday, and the vcds scan reveals the following error codes.

Wednesday,06,August,2014,19:34:50:62211
VCDS Version: Release 12.12.2 (x64)

Address 01: Engine Labels: 06J-907-115-CDA.clb
Control Module Part Number: 3T0 907 115 G HW: 1Z0 907 115 F
Component and/or Version: 1.8l R4/4V TFSI 0010
Software Coding: 0203000C18070060
Work Shop Code: WSC 33361 790 00999
VCID: 356B09915CB275B6781-8060
2 Faults Found:

000770 - Cylinder 2
P0302 - 000 - Misfire Detected - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11100000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 40722 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2048.14.26
Time: 13:09:01

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 1407 /min
Load: 20.4 %
Speed: 11.0 km/h
Temperature: 48.0°C
Temperature: 33.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 990.0 mbar
Voltage: 13.970 V

004874 - Cylinder Disabling
P130A - 000 - - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 8
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 40727 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2048.14.26
Time: 19:01:26

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 1642 /min
Load: 32.9 %
Speed: 25.0 km/h
Temperature: 79.0°C
Temperature: 43.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 990.0 mbar
Voltage: 13.843 V

Any suggestions?
the 40 k service was done in June, and service advisor said no need to change plugs, they are the originals.

Should I change the plugs myself and then take it in or take it straight to skoda?

Thanks in advance.
srgntpepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 10:28   #703
BHPian

Update:

Reset the codes, and reran the scan.
The error goes away at idling but comes back after revs exceed 2000.

Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 11:33   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srgntpepper View Post
Update:

Reset the codes, and reran the scan.
The error goes away at idling but comes back after revs exceed 2000.

Thanks
It seems to a be a case of the spark timing causing misfire at higher RPMs above 2000. I would suspect the Spark plugs to be the culprit or water ingress into the spark plug cables. As you have covered 40K kms, would be worthwhile to get the plugs changed anyhow as carbon deposition would have started on them and the plug gaps are reduced, which is why the spark jumps the gap before its time and hence misfires the engine.
Also, when you are having the plugs changed, ask the service engineer to have the cable checked for any kinks / breaks in the insulation which could be leading to grounding of any of the cables.
When you see the two fault codes generated by VCDS, the engine misfired once (fault frequency : 1) while the cylinder disabling happened 8 time (fault frequency :8)
The cylinder disabling may be likely happening when the spark in that cylinder did not fire at all (got shorted due to carbon deposit)
Spark plug in Cylinder 2 is your most likely culprit.

Last edited by Behemoth : 7th August 2014 at 11:38.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 02:47   #705
BHPian

Hi All,

I own a Skoda Laura 1.9 TDI Automatic and the car is nearly 3.5 years old and has clocked 80,000 KMs and has been serviced and maintained properly at Giriraj Motors. I have already had the compressor changed twice earlier under warranty and the A/c works fine now.

The issue that is coming up is that there is a yellow light on the cluster and I have been facing problem with the Gearbox that it sometimes does not change the gear when I try to do it from D to R and on the cluster the gearbox light which shows the current Gear goes off, then I have to switch off the ignition and switch it on again and then I can change the gear, but when I do this there is a sound from under the car and the gear changes after good 10 seconds and not instantly

For this I got it diagnosed at Giriraj Motors. After the diagnostic results Giriraj Motors send me a quotation to get the Multi Clutch and ATF ( Automatic Transmission Fuel ) changed as it has never been changed till now and the car is already done 80K KMs and the quote is well above 1.5Lakhs + I'm not personally looking to invest that much of an amount on the car. I would like someone to help me out in finding a good reliable service center in NCR who has good experience with Skoda cars. I had heard from somebody that there is someone in Lajpat nagar but when I enquired I got to know that he has shifted his base somewhere else.

If anyone here has had any problem like this or know a good service center who could help me out I would be thankful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks