Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2013, 19:30   #586
BHPian

re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Any recommendations for a good body shop in Bangalore other than the Skoda service centers? I have a few odd bumper scratches and dents that I thought that I'd get fixed. I read the reviews on Sai Colorium and Trend. I don't see any Lauras mentioned in the reviews though and was wondering if they'd be able to match the factory (white) paint.

Recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
BITF
Old 13th October 2013, 12:04   #587
BHPian

Laura AMC Package by Autobhan

I just finished my one year service for the laura. During my discussions with the SA i was offered the following Amc Plans

Please go through them and share you feedback
Attached Files
File Type: zip AMC1.zip (1.09 MB, 98 views)
File Type: zip AMC 2.zip (1,001.7 KB, 76 views)
Old 13th October 2013, 12:52   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
I just finished my one year service for the laura. During my discussions with the SA i was offered the following Amc Plans Please go through them and share you feedback
Plan missing in your message . Kindly share. Also please post which dealer offered this plan.

Cheers
Old 13th October 2013, 15:00   #589
BHPian

Re: Laura AMC Package by Autobhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
I just finished my one year service for the laura. During my discussions with the SA i was offered the following Amc Plans

Please go through them and share you feedback
The plans are scanned as per of the zip attachment. These were offered autobahn mumbai
Old 13th October 2013, 15:33   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Does this car have bluetooth and maxidot display? The Skoda website lists that for all, and not only auto cars. The other things I mentioned are on auto cars only, like your dealer said.

Windscreen fogging is a relatively easy process, they open up the front of the dashboard, and cover up a part of the vent near the windsheild. Or you can do it at the first service, depending on how much it bothers you.

For the tyres the difference should be around 15k max, depending on what tyres and what size you choose.
No bluetooth no Maxidot display, will get the fogging fixed during first service.
Will check with a couple of places tomorrow for tyres,
I definitely want to remap it, saw a couple of articles on tbhp, is tuneotronics a good place?
And after how many months is it advisable to get the remap keeping warranty issues in mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Any recommendations for a good body shop in Bangalore other than the Skoda service centers? I have a few odd bumper scratches and dents that I thought that I'd get fixed. I read the reviews on Sai Colorium and Trend. I don't see any Lauras mentioned in the reviews though and was wondering if they'd be able to match the factory (white) paint.

Recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
BITF
Try Ahmed Jaan garage next to Citrix office on Ulsoor road, he does a very good job.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th October 2013 at 12:44.
Old 16th October 2013, 20:41   #591
BHPian

Hi all,
Checked out the car today at tafe:
White wrap on expiry 12/13
VIN decoded it is a February 2013 car
Tyres are new
Has done 28 Kim's so far
Interiors covered with plastic.

Hope that's all I had to check, taking delivery next week.
Spoke to nikhilb, awaiting tyre upgrade cost.
Old 19th October 2013, 11:47   #592
BHPian

Hi Everyone,
A strange problem has surfaced in my 2011 Laura. Recently observed that once in a while, the Speedo needle AND/OR the Fuel Indicator Needle is getting stuck and not moving at all. However, this does not happen always. Also, switching off the ignition and then re-switching on the ignition makes the problem go away.
Has anyone faced this issue and if yes, could you pls share what caused it and how it was fixed?

Also - @Unrealistic - How's your experience with the W5W and PY21W LED replacement bulbs? Any errors or problems that you've noticed? I still haven't been able to go get those DRLs retrofitted with LED ones as yet.

Regards,
Sanju

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Hi akshay,
Thanks for the inputs, have already freezed the deal, got a good deal (2.5 lakh+), will take the extended warranty in due course, think its fine?
Will check the PDI checklist
What's the solution for windscreen fogging, what should I tell them to do?
Will reach out to nikhilb, madhus is very well known brand here, any idea how much extra I will have to shell out?
It's a vin13 car but the dealer said only automatic cars came with those extra goodies, this has standard system and 15' wheels,
Is there anyway to check the month and year of manufacture?

Thanks
Chetan
Hi Chetan,
The windscreen fogging up seems to be quite a common issue on the Laura. However, i had it fixed at the Gurgaon service center in under 30 mins. There is no need to open up the dash to access the flow pipes. They can do it by opening up the space above the stereo slot or somewhere from there. Hope that helps. Hope you're having fun with your new ride.

Cheers,
Sanju
Old 23rd October 2013, 20:23   #593
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am taking delivery of my skoda laura 2.0 MT tomorrow, changing tyres to Michelin.

Need your inputs on running in as I plan to do a couple trips soon as I buy it.

Look forward

Thanks
Chetan
Old 23rd October 2013, 20:50   #594
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I am taking delivery of my skoda laura 2.0 MT tomorrow, changing tyres to Michelin.

Need your inputs on running in as I plan to do a couple trips soon as I buy it.

Look forward

Thanks
Chetan
Keep it below 3.5k rpm, for the first 1500 or so kms. You can occasionally cross it in case you are overtaking or something. Also try not to accelerate with full throttle, and don't brake too hard.

Also on the highway don't stay at a constant rpm for too long i.e keep varying your speeds.

Don't worry too much about it. Even if you don't follow it perfectly nothing much is going to happen.

Running in nowadays is more for the suspension and brakes than the engine itself.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 20:54   #595
BHPian

Hi Akshay
Thanks for your inputs they are really helpful, this my first turbocharged car. Any special care that I need to take?
Old 23rd October 2013, 20:57   #596
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Akshay
Thanks for your inputs they are really helpful, this my first turbocharged car. Any special care that I need to take?
Just remember to idle it for about 20-30 seconds before switching the engine off, for the longevity of the turbo. After a highway run depending on how its been driven increase this time to 1-2 mins.

Also this being a diesel will take longer to warm up than your Accord. Try not to use more than 30% throttle at least till the needle crosses the C mark on the temperature gauge.

The above pointers are not just for run in. You should always try and follow these.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:00   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, I am taking delivery of my skoda laura 2.0 MT tomorrow, changing tyres to Michelin. Need your inputs on running in as I plan to do a couple trips soon as I buy it. Look forward Thanks Chetan
Its pretty basic, the running in process. Don't exceed for than 65% of the car's top speed for the first 1000 kms. Don't rev it beyond 3000 rpm. Don't start off immediately after turning the car on, and give 30 secs to 1 min rest after a trip before turning the engine off, practice all turbo charged cars should follow on a regular basis. Use appropriate gearing, upto 10km/h -1st, up to 30 km/h - 2nd, 4th gear at 40 km/h, and 5th gear at 55km/h. Down shift accordingly, do not let the car lug. Hope it helps! Congratulations on the new ride!
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:14   #598
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Use appropriate gearing, upto 10km/h -1st, up to 30 km/h - 2nd, 4th gear at 40 km/h, and 5th gear at 55km/h. Down shift accordingly, do not let the car lug. Hope it helps! Congratulations on the new ride!
I disagree with that. I don't think we can generalize speeds and gears. In some situations that could lug the engine, and while accelerating that is far to early to change to a higher gear. Either way the car will tell him when its appropriate to shift up depending on the conditions
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:22   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I disagree with that. I don't think we can generalize speeds and gears. In some situations that could lug the engine, and while accelerating that is far to early to change to a higher gear. Either way the car will tell him when its appropriate to shift up depending on the conditions
i personally experienced this in the Laura both MT and DSG and is suggested for city traffic. On the highways it could be longer ratios.
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:26   #600
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
i personally experienced this in the Laura both MT and DSG and is suggested for city traffic. On the highways it could be longer ratios.
What I meant is if you are on an incline then shifting to 2nd at 10, 3rd at 30, 4th at 40 is certainly going to lug the engine. Also if you need to accelerate, say from a signal, then by shifting that early you are going to end up using more throttle since the engine isn't entirely in the turbo zone which is the most efficient. If the acceleration required is little, or if you are in moving traffic going at a relatively constant speed then I agree completely with the suggested gearchanges you have made above.

My only point is that I don't think its right to generalize like that. Gear changes depend on far too many factors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks