Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2013, 19:57   #571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
So, akshay1234 managed to activate a bunch of features for me including DRL's on my Laura TSi.

Anyone know what kind of replacement bulbs I can use on them? Was hoping to get a nice, white LED bulb installed in them.
Nice one, Unrealistic. I've been trying to get my hands on a vcds for some time, without much success. Btw, on the LED options for DRL, I've been scouting some options here in Gurgaon. HAve done a few rounds of a shop named Autozone who had a bunch of PY21W LED replacement options. However, the gent there suggested waiting for some time till he could get me a canbus free option - else a bulb warning shows up.
You can see a lot of options if you google for PY21W led replacement options, but the reviews vary widely - from causing holder meltouts to fusing out in couple of days operation.
Lets see if i get much success from what Autozone can get me . Will respond soon as i have something - hopefully by next EOW.

Cheers,
Sanju
Old 6th October 2013, 12:54   #572
BHPian

re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
Nice one, Unrealistic. I've been trying to get my hands on a vcds for some time, without much success. Btw, on the LED options for DRL, I've been scouting some options here in Gurgaon. HAve done a few rounds of a shop named Autozone who had a bunch of PY21W LED replacement options. However, the gent there suggested waiting for some time till he could get me a canbus free option - else a bulb warning shows up.
You can see a lot of options if you google for PY21W led replacement options, but the reviews vary widely - from causing holder meltouts to fusing out in couple of days operation.
Lets see if i get much success from what Autozone can get me . Will respond soon as i have something - hopefully by next EOW.

Cheers,
Sanju
Hey Sanju,

Vagtune.in has a lot of options for CANBUS error free bulbs. I picked up a couple of license plate LED replacement bulbs from them, along with the "Auto-Light" switch. They also have options for the DRL's and Parking Lights (P21W and 5W5 respectively). They're supposed to be CANBUS error free.

I'm going to fit the C5W bulbs and see how it goes. If everything works out, I'll order the 5W5's too.

As for the DRL's (P21W), there's a seller on ebay who has some high intensity bulbs coupled with resistors (to negate the error) for 21 GBP. Seems like it's worth ordering it. Only problem is that the shipping would take almost a month!

Here's a link to the bubls: eBay P21W Bulbs (W5W)

Last edited by Unrealistic : 6th October 2013 at 12:55.
Old 8th October 2013, 00:07   #573
BHPian

Hey Unrealistic,
Saw the website. This is pretty similar to what I was also looking at - only difference being the one I am eyeing has a lens in front.

BTW - how did the license plate bulb replacement go? Does it really negates the Canbus warning? How about some night-time pics of the effect?

Also - is the Auto-Light switch replacement a plug n play affair OR does it need any new coding for the same?

Cheers,
Sanju
Old 9th October 2013, 19:36   #574

Query related to parking sensors in Laura (pre FL) 1.9 PD LnK DSG.

I'm not getting the parking display in radio screen, but only erratic audio beeps during reversing with or without parking button pressed.

Doubt a faulty parking sensor as per simple test described in briskoda.net.

(1) Has anybody faced such a situation and what was the problem/solution?

(2) Since I'm in Kerala, is Vagtune a good place to check out the entire parking system and get it rectified, or suggest going with S.A.S.S?

Thanks in advance for your expert help.
Old 9th October 2013, 21:56   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safeeri View Post
Query related to parking sensors in Laura (pre FL) 1.9 PD LnK DSG. I'm not getting the parking display in radio screen, but only erratic audio beeps during reversing with or without parking button pressed. Doubt a faulty parking sensor as per simple test described in briskoda.net. (1) Has anybody faced such a situation and what was the problem/solution? (2) Since I'm in Kerala, is Vagtune a good place to check out the entire parking system and get it rectified, or suggest going with S.A.S.S? Thanks in advance for your expert help.
It would probably be as simple as a loose cable in the system or as complicated as sensors becoming faulty. Should be an easy fix for the SASS. If your dealer is not very competent, go to Sugesh (vagtune) but you'll end up buying new stuff for your car if you are tempted by his store display 😜
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 16:57   #576
BANNED

Is there any place in Delhi/NCR from where I can get VAG-COM cable to activate features in my new Laura 2.0 Ambiente MT.

I am also interested in MDI kit for USB and bluetooth; Please advice.

Thanks
Pawandeep
Old 10th October 2013, 17:31   #577

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
It would probably be as simple as a loose cable in the system or as complicated as sensors becoming faulty. Should be an easy fix for the SASS. If your dealer is not very competent, go to Sugesh (vagtune) but you'll end up buying new stuff for your car if you are tempted by his store display 😜
@adi_petrolhead: Thank you very much for the input. I too hope that it is a cable issue. Regarding Vagtune store -yes, have been tempted by few accessories and retros seen in his e-store !!!
Old 12th October 2013, 08:38   #578
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am taking delivery of my Skoda Laura Ambition MT (Diesel)from Tafe Access, Bangalore next week, need your support on some queries:
. The dealer says extended warranty can be taken before expiry of one year from buying the car? should i take it right away or wait?
. He is showing me the car on Monday what all should i check?
. Should i change the tyres immediately? To what? How much Damage? Any dealer in Bangalore you guys know?
. Any other things that i have to do during delivery or soon after?

Thanks,
Chetan
Old 12th October 2013, 09:22   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan
Hi Guys, I am taking delivery of my Skoda Laura Ambition MT (Diesel)from Tafe Access, Bangalore next week, need your support on some queries: . The dealer says extended warranty can be taken before expiry of one year from buying the car? should i take it right away or wait? . He is showing me the car on Monday what all should i check? . Should i change the tyres immediately? To what? How much Damage? Any dealer in Bangalore you guys know? . Any other things that i have to do during delivery or soon after? Thanks, Chetan
Congrats on the car and drive safe .
When u are going for a pre delivery check take along with you the Team Bhp PDI checklist . That should take care most of your problems . I am not sure of the tyre upgrade but if u do wish to change them u should consider Tyre Professionals near lalbagh in bangalore . He has a wide range of collection gives a good price .
Hope this helps .
Red's is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 11:51   #580
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Hi Guys,

I am taking delivery of my Skoda Laura Ambition MT (Diesel)from Tafe Access, Bangalore next week, need your support on some queries:
. The dealer says extended warranty can be taken before expiry of one year from buying the car? should i take it right away or wait?
. He is showing me the car on Monday what all should i check?
. Should i change the tyres immediately? To what? How much Damage? Any dealer in Bangalore you guys know?
. Any other things that i have to do during delivery or soon after?

Thanks,
Chetan
I would suggest you take the extended warranty now, work it into your deal if you still can.

Just use the TeamBhp PDI checklist. Ask them to fix the fogging up of the windshield issue before delivery.

Would suggest a change from the Goodyears, they are crap. Try out the Michelin Primacy 3s, they should be good. Go to Nikhilb, I think his dealership is called Madhus. Get 205s at least if you are going to remap.

Besides the tyres there is nothing I can think of that you need to do. Your car should be a 2013 manufactured one right? So it will have bluetooth, and the touchscreen system, etc?

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 12th October 2013 at 11:55.
Old 12th October 2013, 14:43   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I would suggest you take the extended warranty now, work it into your deal if you still can. Just use the TeamBhp PDI checklist. Ask them to fix the fogging up of the windshield issue before delivery. Would suggest a change from the Goodyears, they are crap. Try out the Michelin Primacy 3s, they should be good. Go to Nikhilb, I think his dealership is called Madhus. Get 205s at least if you are going to remap. Besides the tyres there is nothing I can think of that you need to do. Your car should be a 2013 manufactured one right? So it will have bluetooth, and the touchscreen system, etc?
Hi akshay,
Thanks for the inputs, have already freezed the deal, got a good deal (2.5 lakh+), will take the extended warranty in due course, think its fine?
Will check the PDI checklist
What's the solution for windscreen fogging, what should I tell them to do?
Will reach out to nikhilb, madhus is very well known brand here, any idea how much extra I will have to shell out?
It's a vin13 car but the dealer said only automatic cars came with those extra goodies, this has standard system and 15' wheels,
Is there anyway to check the month and year of manufacture?

Thanks
Chetan
Old 12th October 2013, 16:07   #582
Distinguished - BHPian

Headlight bulb replacement - disconnecting wiring harness connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

My cousin and I then attempted the procedure to change the low-beam bulb. We found it a little tricky for 2 reasons I think:
1. We had never replaced any headlight bulb before.
2. The instructions in the owner manual did not match 100% to what we had to do. Skoda could have done a better job with the steps they have mentioned (and because I thought the procedure is mentioned in the manual, I did not take a copy of the briskoda thread that has real pictures of how the user did before we hit the road). And now that I am back from the trip, I checked that thread I see that our headlamp unit is slightly different...
OK, so I had changed the left headlight bulb (low beam) following the steps in the first post of this thread:
http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic...ht-bulb-change

back in February 2013. Had a tough time disconnecting the wiring harness connector at that time and somehow pulled it out but it took 20 min or so -simply because I did not know what I was doing - I was wrestling with it.

Now, 2 weeks ago, right headlight low beam bulb went kaput. So I searched online for some easy way to disconnect the wiring connector and found this:

It's for Audi, but the Octavia 2 also has a very similar connector and using this method (open the side latch by turning a screw driver), I could disconnect the connector in a few seconds. Though of sharing it here in case it's useful.

Regards,

Anand
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 16:18   #583
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi akshay,
Thanks for the inputs, have already freezed the deal, got a good deal (2.5 lakh+), will take the extended warranty in due course, think its fine?
Will reach out to nikhilb, madhus is very well known brand here, any idea how much extra I will have to shell out?
It's a vin13 car but the dealer said only automatic cars came with those extra goodies, this has standard system and 15' wheels,

Thanks
Chetan
Does this car have bluetooth and maxidot display? The Skoda website lists that for all, and not only auto cars. The other things I mentioned are on auto cars only, like your dealer said.

Windscreen fogging is a relatively easy process, they open up the front of the dashboard, and cover up a part of the vent near the windsheild. Or you can do it at the first service, depending on how much it bothers you.

For the tyres the difference should be around 15k max, depending on what tyres and what size you choose.
Old 12th October 2013, 17:48   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Hi akshay,

Thanks
Chetan
I would make doubly/triply sure that you can get the extended warranty within a year as the dealer claims. It can be a dealbreaker otherwise. If in any doubt, get it now - trust me, it is worth it!

I've never been to Madhus, though I intend to try them out sometime. From my experience, I can recommend Sai Iyengar and Sons. I'm familiar with their Indiranagar outlet. Having dealt with Ashwin for 4+ years for multiple cars, I can recommend him for a good deal and knowledgeable work
Old 12th October 2013, 18:06   #585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi akshay,

Thanks
Chetan
Please do the PDI before the car goes for registration!

Windscreen fogging up is more common in very humid climate. It should not bother you much in Bangalore. I have not done any fix for this for my 2011 car. Simple fix is to turn the air flow knob slightly lower than the face position. I would prefer not to open the dash of a brand new car. You never know what the mechanics will screw up. If it does bother you, first service is a good time to do it.

You can decode your vin here http://www.octinfo.com/

I would advise you to swap tyres straight out of the showroom. THis way you can get good buy back value for the GYs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks