Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2012, 19:05   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye

You said it.
I am very particular about it whenever I am at the service center.

BTW, Rohit, for this AC flap related error code, what's the actual problem you are facing? If cooling, heating and throw of air are good, then it can be a false alarm, why bother?
I posted this error on briskoda was redirected to VWvortex forum where Dana (guess from Ross tech) advised showing the error to A** should a warranty issue arise and also suggested recalibration as suggested here by behemoth. But yes I did not feel any issue with AC, was only responding to the DTC detected by VCDS. I also aware in many cases these DTCs are transient and go away on their own , but can't take chances with a Skoda , can we?

The car otherwise has been niggle free and absolute delight in the last two years of usage.

Cheers
Old 12th December 2012, 19:10   #422
BHPian

re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
You said it.
I am very particular about it whenever I am at the service center.

BTW, Rohit, for this AC flap related error code, what's the actual problem you are facing? If cooling, heating and throw of air are good, then it can be a false alarm, why bother?
it isnt a False alarm. The Car was kept for service where i presume the AQS - Air Quality Sensor was disturbed during the Replacement of the Pollen Filter. After that the A.S.S. forgot to wipe the Fault codes.

presently i own two Skoda's - a yeti and a Fabia. The Fabia had to undergo a replacement of the Additional Brake Light Cover, during which the LED Brake Lights had to be disconnected. after installation the A.S.S. did not do a scan and erase the Fault code that had arisen on account of the disconnection and during a VCDS scan i got an error which Said ' Bulb - Short to circuit' or something to the effect. Did not erase the DTC and went to the A.S.S to do a VAS scan. the Vas scan did not throw up any errors. at the A.S.S. did a VCDS scan and the VCDS scan Threw up the error. So cleared the DTC and once again did a VCDS scan. the error was not there!
Old 13th December 2012, 12:28   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

BTW, can someone guide me on how I can clean the cabin air/pollen filter and the blower? Last time during servicing, I asked them do it as there are generally some dry leaves, etc accumulated there and start causing foul smell. I remember it was a 5 min job (the technician opned the panel below the gove box, removed the blower and filter and pressure cleaned it and fixed it back), but I could not watch carefully to remember how exactly it is done. They made me wait for 2 hours and then charged me around 250 for this. I am sick of them and don't want to go there for this.

I clearly remember the actual job was done in 5 min and without any screw driver.

Cheers!
Old 13th December 2012, 12:34   #424
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, can someone guide me on how I can clean the cabin air/pollen filter and the blower? Last time during servicing, I asked them do it as there are generally some dry leaves, etc accumulated there and start causing foul smell. I remember it was a 5 min job (the technician opned the panel below the gove box, removed the blower and filter and pressure cleaned it and fixed it back), but I could not watch carefully to remember how exactly it is done. They made me wait for 2 hours and then charged me around 250 for this. I am sick of them and don't want to go there for this.

I clearly remember the actual job was done in 5 min and without any screw driver.

Cheers!
well Thanks to Elsa - Here is the PDF to remove the Pollen Filter --->> Attachment 1026563

Note that ELSA always provides diagrams for LHD vehicles. The Directions of the Movement of Locks etc does not change when it comes to a RHD vehicle
Old 13th December 2012, 12:52   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
well Thanks to Elsa - Here is the PDF to remove the Pollen Filter --->> Attachment 1026563

Note that ELSA always provides diagrams for LHD vehicles. The Directions of the Movement of Locks etc does not change when it comes to a RHD vehicle
I clicked on the attachment link, but it says invalid attachment.
Can you check and repost please?

I also found this but one picture seems missing:
http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic.../#entry1113790

Thanks,
Anand
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 14:09   #426
BHPian

Quote:
I clicked on the attachment link, but it says invalid attachment.
Can you check and repost please?

I also found this but one picture seems missing:
http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic.../#entry1113790

Thanks,
Anand
here it is.. Sorry for the Invalid Link ----->>ElsaWeb - Removing and installing dust pollen filter.pdf
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2012, 09:06   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

OK, I tried to remove the foam cover but was not sure how exactly should I remove the screws. So instead of trying anything stupid, came back, googled and found an excellent video:

Now I will try this and report.
Old 15th December 2012, 13:36   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Done, i removed, cleaned and re-installed the cabin air filter!!!

Done. Removed, cleaned and re-installed.
Feeling good about myself.
Now I can order the filter online and replace it on my on going forward.

Some pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-01_foam_cover_below_glove_box.jpg  

Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-02_foam_cover_screws.jpg  

Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-03_foam_cover_remove.jpg  

Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-04_plastic_cover_sliding.jpg  

Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-06_cabin_filter_pulled_down.jpg  

Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-08_filter_part_no_orientation.jpg  

Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-09_view_from_below_filter_removed.jpg  

anandpadhye is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2012, 14:18   #429
BHPian

Hey Anand,

Where did you order the pollen filter from?

Cheers
Old 15th December 2012, 18:20   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
Hey Anand,

Cheers
he Merely cleaned the existing filter. if you want to DIY then you can order for it on ebay.co.uk or on www.skodaparts.com. there are about 30 more websites, but i have found these two are very reliable with delivery time of about 5-7 days
Old 16th December 2012, 08:01   #431
BHPian

For the Benefit of Laura / Yeti Owners:

I have obtained a Few Parts that were fitted after-market from a 2012 August Laura that got totalled when a slab/ Pillar from a under-demolition Building Crashed on it. The parts fit both the Laura and Yeti

1. K&N Panel Air Filter - Stock Fitment for 2.0 Diesel Engines
2. Alloy Wheels (Rims Only)
3. Bolero Music System
4. Star Sigma Floor Mats
5. Laura O/E Boot Mat
6. Skoda Cool /Warm Box 15 Litres (Car Fridge)
7. Skoda Boot Bag
8. Skoda Bluetooth System that Integrates into Radio Bolero
9. miscellaneous Extra Fittings that the Insurance Company wouldn't Pay for.

If anyone is Interested Please PM Me.

Last edited by Sunilrj : 16th December 2012 at 08:07.
Old 17th December 2012, 10:21   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
Hey Anand,

Cheers
Hi Rohit,

Yes I cleaned the filter with a vaccum cleaner and put it back.
Now that I am confident that I can do this, I will order it online. As Sunil said, I am thinking of those 2 websites (ebay or skodaparts), let's see. I also need to order the wipers. The notorious dealer maded me wait for 1 hour to open the job card and then charged Rs.2100 for the wipers + 100 Rs. labour . These Laura wipers are one of the most easily replacable designs amoung the cars I have used, it's ridiculous to call this procedure "labour"...ha ha ha.

BTW, Sunil, another attrocious thing about Skoda is the spare wheel is not an alloy. As a result, I have never used the spare tyre in last 26000 KM so far. Had it been an alloy, I would have taken it into rotation thereby increasing the life of the tyre set by a few thousand kms. Have you sourced the OEM Laura TSi alloy? Anyone knows where it can be sourced from? Dealer wants 11000 for it!!! These guys are greedy beyond limit.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 17th December 2012 at 10:24.
Old 17th December 2012, 10:48   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rohit,

Yes I cleaned the filter with a vaccum cleaner and put it back.
Now that I am confident that I can do this, I will order it online. As Sunil said, I am thinking of those 2 websites (ebay or skodaparts), let's see. I also need to order the wipers. The notorious dealer maded me wait for 1 hour to open the job card and then charged Rs.2100 for the wipers + 100 Rs. labour . These Laura wipers are one of the most easily replacable designs amoung the cars I have used, it's ridiculous to call this procedure "labour"...ha ha ha.

BTW, Sunil, another attrocious thing about Skoda is the spare wheel is not an alloy. As a result, I have never used the spare tyre in last 26000 KM so far. Had it been an alloy, I would have taken it into rotation thereby increasing the life of the tyre set by a few thousand kms. Have you sourced the OEM Laura TSi alloy? Anyone knows where it can be sourced from? Dealer wants 11000 for it!!! These guys are greedy beyond limit.
www.skodaparts.com is a bulk retailer of VAG group parts. so i would suggest that you try them. 'Labour' Charges is where the A.S.S. makes money. the wiper Blades OE cost that much even in U.K. or on ebay, unless you go in for the cheaper Bosch ones. The Wiper Blades which you have purchased come with a two year warranty: http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/service/skoda-genuine-parts ---->SKODA Original Part and Accessories - ŠKODA.pdf and here ---->> Introduction - ŠKODA.pdf

Its Not atrocious for the Spare not to be an alloy. in quite a few European / American Cars, the spare is a space saving wheel. EG: in Yeti its a 195/60/16. In My Swift also it was a Steel Wheel.The OEM Wheels can also be sourced from abroad. the reason why they are atrociously priced is to prevent owners of lower variants / other Cars from upgrading their car through this route. 11k is OK for a Skoda. Heck on the Linea it was 16K per wheel.

The Pricing difference in India and Abroad for quite a few parts would be offset by the Import duty charged. There are exceptions like the BT Kit, MDI interface etc from East European Countries, which are much cheaper even after payment of duties

a yeti Alloy Wheel 'Spectrum' Costs GBP 130.64 before shipping and Duty which is about 11469/- In India The Part # CCR800001 costs 12,362/- Here Is a Link of the Accessories available in India. Accessories-UPDATE Final for sending.xlsx
Old 17th December 2012, 11:11   #434
Distinguished - BHPian

Of course, it's not attrocious if you are used to only europeans:-)

My 2005 Tucson has a full size alloy wheel and I have had to use it many times as I do a lot of long drives + frequent trips to my village in Konkan where the last mile connectivity to all my relatives' houses is almost non-existent :-) For a car, they can try and argue in favour of space saver, etc. But in case of SUV, it's a big joke, IMO.

BTW, try claiming warranty from the Skoda dealer for the wiper blades. It's a wear and tear part, and delaer can wear out the customer and bring tears to his eyes...ha ha ha.

BTW, the OEM ones that I got from them are actually made by Bosch and rebadged by VW/Skoda, so it's worth trying to source directly. If I have to pay Rs.100 as labour on this, I will pay it to someone who is courtuous and values my time and treats me well, not a Skoda dealer. And earning on labor - Rs.2100 has quite a decent margin for the entire food chain. For the Tucson, the driver side wiper blade can be replaced for Rs.800 and passenger side for Rs. 350 (and Tuscon was a CBU).

Cheers!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 17th December 2012 at 11:14.
Old 17th December 2012, 11:38   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Of course, it's not attrocious if you are used to only europeans:-)

BTW, try claiming warranty from the Skoda dealer for the wiper blades. It's a wear and tear part, and delaer can wear out the customer and bring tears to his eyes...ha ha ha. -

BTW, the OEM ones that I got from them are actually made by Bosch and rebadged by VW/Skoda, so it's worth trying to source directly. If I have to pay Rs.100 as labour on this, I will pay it to someone who is courtuous and values my time and treats me well, not a Skoda dealer. And earning on labor - Rs.2100 has quite a decent margin for the entire food chain. For the Tucson, the driver side wiper blade can be replaced for Rs.800 and passenger side for Rs. 350 (and Tuscon was a CBU).

Cheers!
The Purchase Bill Helps Here. Just Take a Copy of the Print out of the SAIPL website and The dealer will be in tears. and a call to Skoda Customer care, the Dealer will be falling at your feet.

I have Brought MASS, TASS, SASS, and VASS to their knees with just one call to the Customer Care / Right Contact person in the hierarchy. The Service Head of Ford India and Chief Service manager of Cauvery Ford came down to my office when i escalated an issue!

The wiper Blades are Manufactured by Bosch, Lucas, Valeo, Comline, Aero and a Few other OE Manufacturers. Cheapest ones are GBP 5 and Costliest GBP 123. I dont have any idea about the quality of these though

Last edited by Sunilrj : 17th December 2012 at 11:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks