Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2012, 20:40   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc
One of the things i notice that in traffic conditions with constant stop and go there seems to a whining noise when the rpm is between 1500 to 2000 km. Once the car speeds up this disappears
Is this a common trait or needs to be checked with the service center. Also I have changed my air filter to K&N. Would there be any connection between the two.
This would most likely be a Turbo whistle which you hear at these rpms. With the stock filter it is suppressed but with a K&N it will be more audible. Just enjoy it!
Old 11th December 2012, 21:24   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
hi I have the Laura dsg which has done about 2200 km. One of the things i notice that in traffic conditions with constant stop and go there seems to a whining noise when the rpm is between 1500 to 2000 km. Once the car speeds up this disappears

Is this a common trait or needs to be checked with the service center. Also I have changed my air filter to K&N. Would there be any connection between the two.
DO NOT REPLACE YOUR STOCK AIR FILTER... Idid it for my Laura elegance, and after around 25 k Kms, the rpm did not stay constant, it use to vary, the reason was, the oil that is on the kn filter, vaporises and gets deposited on the oxygen sensor on the intake tube, hence damaging the sensor, luckily , when I cleaned it up and dried it out of the oil from the sensor, the rpm was back to normal. Moreover, the engine noise also increases marginally at higher rpm.

Regarding the noise, it's a new car, it must settle down by 5000 Kms, pls check your GB oil level and engine oil level when cold.
drrajanvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 08:58   #408
BHPian

re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Bhpians,

I ran a VCDS scan and got the following error:

Address 08: Auto HVAC (J301) Labels: 3C8-907-336.clb
Component: Climatic 150 0303
Revision: 00006001
Coding: 0000001002
ASAM Dataset: EV_Climatic A01005
ROD: EV_Climatic_SK35.rod

1 Fault Found:
9477141 - Position Sensor for Air Distribution Flap Motor
B109C 15 [008] - Open or Short to Plus
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 3
Reset counter: 57
Mileage: 18728 km
Date: 2023.14.16
Time: 08:07:46

Car is in warranty. Should i take it to the A**? or is this to be ignored?

UPDATE: As per Ross-Tech website a fault priority of 2 requires an immediate service appointment. Now wondering why this fault was not attended to when i gave my car for service day before.

Last edited by rohitm : 12th December 2012 at 09:03.
Old 12th December 2012, 09:20   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
Bhpians,

Address 08: Auto HVAC (J301) Labels: 3C8-907-336.clb
Component: Climatic 150 0303
Revision: 00006001
Coding: 0000001002
ASAM Dataset: EV_Climatic A01005
ROD: EV_Climatic_SK35.rod

1 Fault Found:
Freeze Frame:

UPDATE: As per Ross-Tech website a fault priority of 2 requires an immediate service appointment. Now wondering why this fault was not attended to when i gave my car for service day before.

Clear the DTC and Do a re-scan with option 'auto-detect canbus' this is a force scan and if the error persists, go to the A.S.S. the VAG 5051C which is used by the workshops do not do a 'force scan' hence such errors in the ECU don't get detected.
Old 12th December 2012, 09:40   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Clear the DTC and Do a re-scan with option 'auto-detect canbus' this is a force scan and if the error persists, go to the A.S.S. the VAG 5051C which is used by the workshops do not do a 'force scan' hence such errors in the ECU don't get detected.
The scan was in auto-detect mode only. I do not want to clear DTC prior to getting a VAG 505 scan at the A**. Will drive down to the service centre and lets see what comes out of it.
Old 12th December 2012, 09:43   #411
BHPian

Quote:
The scan was in auto-detect mode only. I do not want to clear DTC prior to getting a VAG 505 scan at the A**. Will drive down to the service centre and lets see what comes out of it.
If there is indeed a fault then the fault code will show up again after the DTC is cleared. this will save both time, labour and effort required to visit the A.S.S. this can be ascertained only by clearing the DTC. since the reset counter is at 57 it is most likely that when the filters were replaced during service the error code had cropped up.

As per the SOP followed by the A.S.S, they clear the fault codes and then do a scan. again if a fault code crops up it is cleared. only after the third scan they consider the fault code as existing.

Last edited by Sunilrj : 12th December 2012 at 09:48.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 09:56   #412
BHPian

Quote:
If there is indeed a fault then the fault code will show up again after the DTC is cleared. this will save both time, labour and effort required to visit the A.S.S. this can be ascertained only by clearing the DTC. since the reset counter is at 57 it is most likely that when the filters were replaced during service the error code had cropped up.
Thanks for your advice. Notice the scan its an intermittent fault with Frequency 3. No assurance when it might occur again! The Mileage in the DTC shows 18728 km whereas the service (including filter changes) was done at about 19400 km. Not sure if this is the mileage 18728 km is when the first instance of the error occurred or if it is the latest (3rd) instance of error. Tried looking up the ross tech VCDS manual could not locate what does the mileage imply.

Nevertheless the fault has nothing to do with service or filter changes. Ross-tech support advices to go to service center so that it can be recorded in VAS and if needed replacement carried out in warranty. Will report back!

Last edited by rohitm : 12th December 2012 at 10:00.
Old 12th December 2012, 10:06   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bhpians,

1 Fault Found:
Freeze Frame:

Hi Rohit,

This fault is typically know as a stuck Flap valve which means that it will not be able to mix the hot/ cold air properly and the position of the flap needs to be recalibrated. This was a recurrent problem with 2010 Laura's.
It can be done with a VCDS through "Basic Settings" of the AC system, for which you can get the procedure on the Ross-tech website.

There is a way to also do it even without a VCDS - Hold and press both the AC ON and the Recirc buttons on the AC controls (on the Ambiente version) for around 30 sec and the AC ON button will start flashing. Let it flash for 1 min with ignition on (and engine off). Then Start the engine and press the AC on button - let it run for 2 min with AC on and the engine running - this also resets the AC to Basic settings mode (I have done this procedure on my Yeti)

Or you can take it to the service centre and have it checked there - they will do the basic settings with the VAG. If there is still a problem, they may need to change the flap motor (which includes the position sensor).

PS: Don't clear the DTCs yourself, as the timestamp on when they were cleared is retained and will show up in the VAG scan when they do the scan.
Regards.
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 12th December 2012 at 10:08.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 10:41   #414
BHPian

Thanks Behemoth for the super response!

If i were to recalibrate either manually or through VCDS would the DTC get cleared immediately. I know after "reset counter" times error free runs it does get cleared on its own, but don't want the recalibration to clear the DTC cause i want it to be recorded at A** which will allow warranty claims in case need arises.
Old 12th December 2012, 11:24   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Behemoth for the super response!

If i were to recalibrate either manually or through VCDS would the DTC get cleared immediately. I know after "reset counter" times error free runs it does get cleared on its own, but don't want the recalibration to clear the DTC cause i want it to be recorded at A** which will allow warranty claims in case need arises.
The recalibration process will not clear all the DTCs, but it will solve the problem and if the problem is solved, the Trouble code for the AC unit will disappear and not show up again. It may get logged as having existed in History, but will not show in a repeat fresh scan. Doing basic settings (esp the procedure without the VCDS, should not be visible in the scan)
This is different from clearing DTCs, which are logged in a separate manner.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 12th December 2012, 18:30   #416
BHPian

Got it checked at the A**, no error detected on VAS scan. Asked them to recalibrate using the Basic Settings function in VAS as a precaution. Later scanned with VCDS no errors found. Hopefully it's now a closed issue. Did not have to pay a dime for the VAS scan.

Cheers
Old 12th December 2012, 18:39   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Got it checked at the A**, no error detected on VAS scan. Asked them to recalibrate using the Basic Settings function in VAS as a precaution. Later scanned with VCDS no errors found. Hopefully it's now a closed issue. Did not have to pay a dime for the VAS scan.

Cheers
I told you so! The A.S.S. erases all DTC's Before doing the Scan on their VAS. Also VAS Scan is always free since its a diagnostic procedure. if you ever get charged for a VAS scan Please report it to Skoda!
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 18:50   #418
BHPian

I was shoulder surfing all the time when the scan was done and the recalibration was carried out. I can confirm the service chap did not erase the DTC. Off course if I was conned then its a different matter all together!
Old 12th December 2012, 18:57   #419
BHPian

Quote:
I was shoulder surfing all the time when the scan was done and the recalibration was carried out. I can confirm the service chap did not erase the DTC. Off course if I was conned then its a different matter all together!
The Option on the VAS 5051A/B/C to erase DTC's is such that you can never know that the DTC is erased as usually a Keyboard shortcut is used. Also in the case of VAS 5051's a Force scan is not possible/ not done. according to my friend who is based in UK and is an expert in VAG group Cars ' VCDS Autoscan which is a function which always uses Aggressive Mode. When checked, VCDS will retrieve more faults than even the factory VAS tools in some cases'
Old 12th December 2012, 18:59   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also VAS Scan is always free since its a diagnostic procedure. if you ever get charged for a VAS scan Please report it to Skoda!
You said it.
I am very particular about it whenever I am at the service center.

BTW, Rohit, for this AC flap related error code, what's the actual problem you are facing? If cooling, heating and throw of air are good, then it can be a false alarm, why bother?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks