Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2013, 16:37   #616
BHPian

re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Hey guys,

I think there is a problem in my cars AC. My car is 5 years old now with 40,000kms on the odo.

The AC compressor gets switched on only after 5 mins of running the car, after that it works fine. Got it checked, and he says I might have to change my unit which would cost about a lakh.

Kindly advise, what could be the problem.
Been there, done that, ac now works fine!

The compressors are known to need replacement after 5 years..
babhishek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 18:00   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
Been there, done that, ac now works fine!

The compressors are known to need replacement after 5 years..

How much did it set you back by??

Damn, I knew I should have sold this car last year,
Old 5th November 2013, 12:48   #618
BHPian

Guys,

Can you put me across to a mechanic at Tafe workshop, need to get rid of windshield fogging my 10 day old laura,

Also if i can meet any of you in Bangalore who can help me unlock cetain features like DRL's and Auto Lock.

Thanks,
Chetan
Old 5th November 2013, 14:19   #619
BHPian

My DRL was activated by the Skoda Service Station in Gurgaon. They plugged in their laptop, clicked on a few things and there it was And auto Lock was enabled by default. As far as window fogging is concerned I plan to get it done when I take my car for its first service next week.
Old 6th November 2013, 05:20   #620
BHPian

I will be taking my Laura TDI MT(Elegance) for her 1st service next week. My running is low and she has only covered 8000Km in her first year. My questions are-
1> Apart from the regular TODO list for 1st service, is there any additional job recommended
2> My turbo kick has diminished in the last 2000kms or so... and I no longer feel the turbo jerk at 1500 RPM, is it normal? Will it come back with the oil change? Please note- The car can still cross 100 KMPH with ease so I know for sure that the turbo is working but I really miss that kick in the back at 1500 rpm
3> The SKODA India site lists - USB port as one of the accessories which can be added to the ICE for Rs 2000/- (approx.) is it worth it? Or should I get it done at an accessory shop?
4> Is there a possibility that Skoda can enable the following-
a. Cornering Lamps
b. Automatic HeadLamps (Feature + the Auto Lamp switch)
c. Follow me headlights
5> Any other suggestion? Or something that I have missed? Or something than can add value to my ride and bring it closer to the L&K feature list 
I plan to stay with my car during her service to ensure that the work is done as per my satisfaction
Old 13th November 2013, 18:26   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Guys,

Can you put me across to a mechanic at Tafe workshop, need to get rid of windshield fogging my 10 day old laura,

Also if i can meet any of you in Bangalore who can help me unlock cetain features like DRL's and Auto Lock.

Thanks,
Chetan
I had taken my pre-FL Laura LnK (preowned) recently to Vinayak Skoda in Old Madras Road -to primarily check on parking sensor problem, and also windshield fogging issue. Due to lack of time that day, just got my parking sensor problem solved. It was due to one of the faulty sensor in the front bumper. They replaced the sensor and its working fine. Total repair cost came to around Rs. 5,500 including a VCDS scan and fitting charges (Rs. 3500 for sensor).

Fogging issue, maybe I'll sort it out next time -I'm just playing around with ACC knobs/switches for timebeing as a workaround.

Felt the service advisor in Vinayak Skoda (Mr Prem Kumar- 9902046734) was knowledgeable, courteous and did a good job within 1.5 hrs.
Old 22nd November 2013, 00:50   #622
BHPian

Hi All,
Is there anyone aware of any garage in Gurgaon that can help unlock few of the Laura features using a VCDS? Alternatively, is there anyone in the Gurgaon circuit willing to help me activate a few of the features using a VCDS? I don't have one ofcourse - and do not intend buying one just for the sake of a few features really.

Thanks,
Sanju
Old 22nd November 2013, 08:01   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
Hi All, Is there anyone aware of any garage in Gurgaon that can help unlock few of the Laura features using a VCDS? Alternatively, is there anyone in the Gurgaon circuit willing to help me activate a few of the features using a VCDS? I don't have one ofcourse - and do not intend buying one just for the sake of a few features really. Thanks, Sanju
Hey Sanju I am on the lookout for the same in Gurgaon. Please let me know if you find one
Old 14th December 2013, 00:05   #624
BHPian

Sure v_2rahjo, will do incase I am able to find one. Appreciate if you can do the likewise if you get lucky first.

Rgds,
Sanju
Old 14th December 2013, 01:08   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
Sure v_2rahjo, will do incase I am able to find one. Appreciate if you can do the likewise if you get lucky first.

Rgds,
Sanju
Sure would do brother!!

Hi everyone, I had a question -

When I took my Laura for her first service last month I found the A.S.S. change the oil in a way I have never seen. Instead of undoing the bolt at the bottom of the sump, they removed the dipstick, put in a nozzel inplace of it and sucked the oil out (atleast this is what I was told). When I approached the SA he said that this is the processed that Skoda recommends. When the suction was done they filled the required amount of oil through the Engine Oil Cap.

Questions-
1> Is this how it should be done?
2> How can I verify that they actually took out the entire oil?
Old 14th December 2013, 18:11   #626
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Hi everyone, I had a question -

When I took my Laura for her first service last month I found the A.S.S. change the oil in a way I have never seen. Instead of undoing the bolt at the bottom of the sump, they removed the dipstick, put in a nozzel inplace of it and sucked the oil out (atleast this is what I was told). When I approached the SA he said that this is the processed that Skoda recommends. When the suction was done they filled the required amount of oil through the Engine Oil Cap.

Questions-
1> Is this how it should be done?
2> How can I verify that they actually took out the entire oil?
1. Yes.

2. The drained oil is filled into a container which has measurements so you can check whether the entire quantity (4.6 litres) has been drained out. But this may not reflect accurately as your engine may have consumed oil. The more accurate way would be to ensure that the engine takes in 4.6 litres and the reading on the dipstick indicates the maximum level. If it is more than the maximum indicated on the dipstick then it indicates that some oil was not drained.
Old 20th January 2014, 14:09   #627
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My friend's Laura Diesel facing some wierd problem with MID.
When check with Skoda dealer, they suggested to replace E-BOX due to Sulphation in E-BOX. They are quoting 15K+ inluding labour for this. AutoBahn (Kurla) Skoda cliams this E-BOX doesn't cover under extended warranty.

Anyone faced similar issue ? Also please suggest any reliable service center to take second opinion about this.

Regards,
Old 22nd January 2014, 15:02   #628
BHPian

My Laura TSI 2011 34k Kms is due for its 3rd service. So far the car has been relatively trouble free other than a battery and AC gas leak which was sorted out by the company under warranty.

My car has been serviced by Autobahn in Sewri, Mumbai. The service coordinator i spoke to mentioned that it would cost about 15k for the basic service and anything else would be addtional (on inspection), but online the Skoda official website says the basic service should cost 8.5k maximum. The service coordinator claims the cost of basic consumables which has increased. Does Anyone have an idea of what the actual costs are?

I would also like the change the Brake pads F&R, should i go with the official ones (costs about 11k all incl) or look at aftermarket alternatives. Can someone shed light on options/costs for the same.
Old 22nd January 2014, 15:09   #629
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
My Laura TSI 2011 34k Kms is due for its 3rd service. So far the car has been relatively trouble free other than a battery and AC gas leak which was sorted out by the company under warranty.

My car has been serviced by Autobahn in Sewri, Mumbai. The service coordinator i spoke to mentioned that it would cost about 15k for the basic service and anything else would be addtional (on inspection), but online the Skoda official website says the basic service should cost 8.5k maximum. The service coordinator claims the cost of basic consumables which has increased. Does Anyone have an idea of what the actual costs are?

I would also like the change the Brake pads F&R, should i go with the official ones (costs about 11k all incl) or look at aftermarket alternatives. Can someone shed light on options/costs for the same.
It should be less than 15k unless the prices have been raised from Jan onwards. It should be around 10-11k if the prices haven't increased. Speak to an advisor called Yogesh over there, he does a good job with my cars. Also the Autobahn Sewri's workshop location has changed, its about 5 mins away from where it was but its a bit complicated to find.
Old 22nd January 2014, 15:13   #630
BHPian

Thanks for the prompt reply Akshay, can you shed some light on the recent brake pad change on your car. Should i go aftermarket or stay stock?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks