Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2015, 11:24   #841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Hi, i have an L&K 2012 DSG. I am struggling to get the DRL activated!!

Any help would be great. I tried the Indicator Stalk option as mentioned in the Owner's Manual. Using the VCDS I got the DRL option on the MFD but it doenst work. Should the Headlights be on Auto or 0 to get it activated

It should just work if you've activated it from VCDS. I had activated it in the Ambition trim as well via ODIS at the dealership. But if you've completed the 'turn-off' action via indicator stalk, then it won't turn on.
Old 10th July 2015, 11:38   #842
BHPian

Quote:

Any help would be great. I tried the Indicator Stalk option as mentioned in the Owner's Manual. Using the VCDS I got the DRL option on the MFD but it doenst work. Should the Headlights be on Auto or 0 to get it activated

Regarding the Auto HL switch position, once you get in working, DRL will work when HL switch is in OFF position and also in Auto position when the ambient light is enough to keep the HL off. When the HLs turn on in auto, DRLs cut off.
Old 12th July 2015, 15:32   #843
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Quote:

Just the indicator stalk procedure won't work. You will need to activate DRLs via VCDS. Once that is done , you can turn it on or off using the stalk option.

DRLs will be on when headlight is off. Once parking lights or headlights are switched on, DRLs will go off.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 13:26   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
Posting on behalf of my friend... he is having a Skoda Laura TDI 1.9 Ambiente MT (2008 Model)...

Last week while driving his car, glow plug indicator light started flashing. After switching it off and restarting the engine again it went off. This has repeated 3~4 times.

Since last 2 days it's permanently flashing, even after multiple restarts.
Any suggestions!?

Hi ,
I had the same problem with my Laura TDI. I had also posted on this forum but got no inputs from any members. Appears that they also found metal particles in the fuel filter. They suspected a booster pump which apparently is located inside the fuel tank !! ??
Skoda says that fuel was adulterated and that's the reason why this failed , metal particles entered past the feul filter and damaged the entire CRDI system. Approx cost 3.6 lacs !!!! YES 3.6 lacs . But they waived the major cost saying I was a regular and loyal customer . Finally landed up paying 75,000/-. Car was with ASS for 1.5 months as the full CRDI system had to be imported from abroad.They sent the system but forgot to send the injectors,thus the wait.
I still doubt if it was adulterated fuel as I only fill up from a Company owned and operated pump for the last 5 years. So I believe it was a component failure which they were reluctant to admit. The car is out of warranty and extended warranty. Now 4.5 years old.
regards,
Seacat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 14:23   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Just the indicator stalk procedure won't work. You will need to activate DRLs via VCDS. Once that is done , you can turn it on or off using the stalk option.

DRLs will be on when headlight is off. Once parking lights or headlights are switched on, DRLs will go off.
Yes, got the menu activated using VCDS. Also had to tell the car that there is seperate housing for the DRL (again using VCDS) to make the menu work.

now all sorted
Old 20th July 2015, 17:24   #846
BHPian

Hi Desmodromic, Any update on your ABS issue. Was it the wheel sensors. Cost ??
My2010 Laura (57000 km) had the same problem this morning. Gotta take it to the ASS tomorrow. Just paid 75K last month for the darn CRDi system now.....
Old 21st July 2015, 14:28   #847
BHPian

any idea if there is a fix for windshield fogging issues in the Laura?
Old 11th August 2015, 10:21   #848
BHPian

Hi guys,

I gave my Skoda Laura L&K 2007 to the Gurgaon workshop (Giriraj Motors) today. The music system had no power and one of the windshield washers was not throwing out water. The SA told me that there are charges to check the problem i.e. INR 2000. I just want to confirm if there are any charges like this? I called the Skoda helpline but to no avail. They do not have any kind of price list for anything.
Old 11th August 2015, 10:25   #849
BHPian

Quote:
any idea if there is a fix for windshield fogging issues in the Laura?
There was a silent recall done by Skoda for a valve. Had gotten mine done in 2013 during the 3rd service. Check with your dealer once.

Rohan
Old 11th August 2015, 11:20   #850
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Hi guys,

I gave my Skoda Laura L&K 2007 to the Gurgaon workshop (Giriraj Motors) today. The music system had no power and one of the windshield washers was not throwing out water. The SA told me that there are charges to check the problem i.e. INR 2000. I just want to confirm if there are any charges like this? I called the Skoda helpline but to no avail. They do not have any kind of price list for anything.
Check the fuse box for a blown fuse - likely culprit if the music system is not getting powered and it was working fine before.

For the windshield washer nozzle, it is probably clogged. Remove it and clean it using a HP pneumatic line. The washer can be removed by prying it off.

Approach a Bosch service center in your neighbourhood. They'd do these for you for a cheaper price.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 13:36   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Check the fuse box for a blown fuse - likely culprit if the music system is not getting powered and it was working fine before.

For the windshield washer nozzle, it is probably clogged. Remove it and clean it using a HP pneumatic line. The washer can be removed by prying it off.

Approach a Bosch service center in your neighbourhood. They'd do these for you for a cheaper price.
The SA called to inform that he has got the nozzle cleaned up and the power cable of music system has to be replaced which is INR 2100. I have asked him to get it done. Should get the car back in 1-2 hrs.
Old 11th August 2015, 17:33   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
There was a silent recall done by Skoda for a valve. Had gotten mine done in 2013 during the 3rd service. Check with your dealer once.

Rohan
do you have the Bill for this saved anywhere will help
Old 11th August 2015, 17:46   #853
BHPian

Quote:
do you have the Bill for this saved anywhere will help
Unfortunately, dont have the bill. From what i recall, a lot of members here reported getting the valve corrected. Just take the car to Skoda once.
Old 11th August 2015, 17:48   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Unfortunately, dont have the bill. From what i recall, a lot of members here reported getting the valve corrected. Just take the car to Skoda once.
did they have to open the Dashboard to fix this, i dont want the rattles:(
Old 11th August 2015, 18:03   #855
BHPian

Quote:
did they have to open the Dashboard to fix this, i dont want the rattles:(
Honestly, no clue. Since i was at service and knew of this silent recall, I asked them to carry it out. But I had to specifically point it out to them. They kept the car for an extra day and it was returned the next day with zero rattles and no fogging issues!
RohanDheman is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks