Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2015, 12:29   #826
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Am here again with yet another problem, when I started the my TSI('11 model with 23,500kms, serviced last Aug) this afternoon at home the coolant warning light stays on in red(with audible alarm 3 beeps)

As per the manual "The coolant
level when the engine is cold must lie between the b (MIN) and a (MAX)
markings"

I checked coolant & it's above max level(almost 60% of the reservoir).
Any idea on whats conked off? how much would it cost?
thx
I got a similar warning few months back, coolant level seemed fine to me too. 2 days later i discovered a slow leak in radiator.
Old 20th May 2015, 13:01   #827
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubin21 View Post
Hi All, I have a 2011 Skoda Laura 2.0 TDI Elegance DSG run at 50K kms. I am planning a few upgrades for the car which are below;

1. The tires would need change in 5k kms or so, currently the NCT5's are hard and the ride is getting jarring. The suspensions are good so what tires would strike a balance between good grip and comfort although i would want comfort more in 60/40 vis-a-vis grip/handing.

2. I am also planning to get a multi functional steering wheel along with the Cruise control column. Which parts from Vagtune would i need to buy to make this operational and does anyone know any good guy in Mumbai who would install this?

Thanks in advance!
1. I am using 225/50R16 Michelin Primacy HP on the Laura, and they are doing a very good job! Switched from the NCT5 at around 37Kkm and am currently on 45Kkm. Given these are not available that easily, would recommend sticking with Michelin P3ST. Size you can decide between 225/50R16 and 205/55R16, but personally I noticed improved comfort with the 225's also so recommend those as the ideal balance between ride and handling.

2. Please do let me know if you find a good guy in Mumbai for the same - who can arrange for parts too. I am very tempted by a vRS steering with paddles!
Old 20th May 2015, 16:33   #828
BHPian

Hi dedmodromic , would suggest that you check the battery charge level first
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:35   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
1. I am using 225/50R16 Michelin Primacy HP on the Laura, and they are doing a very good job! Switched from the NCT5 at around 37Kkm and am currently on 45Kkm. Given these are not available that easily, would recommend sticking with Michelin P3ST. Size you can decide between 225/50R16 and 205/55R16, but personally I noticed improved comfort with the 225's also so recommend those as the ideal balance between ride and handling.

2. Please do let me know if you find a good guy in Mumbai for the same - who can arrange for parts too. I am very tempted by a vRS steering with paddles!
Will try to see that option, however i am getting Pirelli p4 four seasons set of 4 205/60 r16 for less than 30k, are those good?

Also does anyone know according to Skoda Service schedule what would need to change in the 60K kms service for 2.0TDI DSG? Does ATF plus Timing belt constitute recommended change? Is there anything else that needs to be done as a precautionary change? currently its at 54K and looking to give it to Skoda ASS for 60K kms but dont want them to take me for a ride with unnecessary changes. So would appreciate if some one can guide me towards the necessary changes and approximate costs of the same.
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:54   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post

Yes - Whenever I have taken the car to ASC, I couldn't reproduce this noise. So - took this audio clip. But - they couldn't diagnose with this clip. Hence, thought of seeking feedback. Any one else can suggest the root cause of this noise?
I was able to reproduce this single "dak" noise after a long test drive with the technician from TAFE. This noise comes while releasing the clutch & noticeable in slow speeds (normally in first and reverse gears) and it seems the issue is CRB (clutch release bearing). And the technician says - it's normal and not to worry, but it's annoying whenever I am on stop go traffic.
  • So - anyone has ever come across CRB issues in their laura/ octavia or replaced it?
  • Was it replaced under warranty? If not - how much was the cost?
  • Can only CRB replaced if found faulty or associated thing like clutch or flywheel needs replacement too?

Can anyone help answer or guide me - if is it ok to leave it for now and whenever clutch is replaced - replace CRB too?

Refer Post #706 for the noise.

Last edited by maheshramaling : 22nd May 2015 at 11:56.
Old 23rd May 2015, 20:15   #831
BHPian

Quote:
I was able to reproduce this single "dak" noise after a long test drive with the technician from TAFE. This noise comes while releasing the clutch & noticeable in slow speeds (normally in first and reverse gears) and it seems the issue is CRB (clutch release bearing). And the technician says - it's normal and not to worry, but it's annoying whenever I am on stop go traffic.
  • So - anyone has ever come across CRB issues in their laura/ octavia or replaced it?
  • Was it replaced under warranty? If not - how much was the cost?
  • Can only CRB replaced if found faulty or associated thing like clutch or flywheel needs replacement too?

Can anyone help answer or guide me - if is it ok to leave it for now and whenever clutch is replaced - replace CRB too?

Refer Post #706 for the noise.
I also had same problem and just today went to see service agent, SA confirmed the noise is only because of CRB. Cost to replace it is CRB costs 1500 RS and 3-4K RS labor charges total approx 5K

But the problem with this is they need take out entire clutch assembly and chances are clutch and flywheel and may crop up as an issue.
sameerpb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 11:35   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
I also had same problem and just today went to see service agent, SA confirmed the noise is only because of CRB. Cost to replace it is CRB costs 1500 RS and 3-4K RS labor charges total approx 5K

But the problem with this is they need take out entire clutch assembly and chances are clutch and flywheel and may crop up as an issue.
Thanks Sameer! Did you change it? If yes, how long it took, any issues with clutch now?

Any expert who can suggest - to live with this noise because of the risk of clutch/ flywheel malfunction later or replace the CRB?
maheshramaling is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 13:28   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sameer! Did you change it? If yes, how long it took, any issues with clutch now?

Any expert who can suggest - to live with this noise because of the risk of clutch/ flywheel malfunction later or replace the CRB?
No, I have not changed CRB. As per my service engineer it is a day job. I have another problem that I have done 73K kms and flywheel is not yet changed, So if I open the clutch assembly chances are that I have change flywheel.

Hence I will wait for a month or so and then replace a CRB.
Old 28th May 2015, 18:39   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
Hi dedmodromic , would suggest that you check the battery charge level first
Battery charge was normal, so sent to the ASS. A Wheel speed sensor was found faulty after the vehicle scan and replaced at a cost of INR 4100/-. it took one day to replace.

Cheers
Old 23rd June 2015, 12:47   #835
BHPian

Laura : Smoke and Missing Issue

My Laura L&K, Oct 2010, 74000 KM has come up with a problem. Its most prominent at morning start up time. The engine shows a situation termed as 'missing' and there is more than normal black smoke at the exhaust. I had it check by Nawab Motors, Noida who said the cylinder head needs opening and they will be able to establish the exact reason only after that. As per Skoda rules ASS cannot open CH without their permission. The whole process may take upto 15 days. The car will have to be left at the Workshop the whole time.
It was also checked by World of Service, a multi brand work shop and they feel it could be a turbo charger issue. Interestingly my car had a turbo break down at 45000 KMs which Skoda had replaced at no cost. Now i'm confused. Anyone faced with similar issue, any thoughts?
Old 23rd June 2015, 13:28   #836
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inder7 View Post
Laura : Smoke and Missing Issue

My Laura L&K, Oct 2010, 74000 KM has come up with a problem. Its most prominent at morning start up time. The engine shows a situation termed as 'missing' and there is more than normal black smoke at the exhaust. I had it check by Nawab Motors, Noida who said the cylinder head needs opening and they will be able to establish the exact reason only after that. e:
1: Have they done a compression test - there is no need to open the head unless compression rate is lower than the norm or uneven

2: Have they checked the injectors?
Old 23rd June 2015, 16:25   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Have they done a compression test - there is no need to open the head unless compression rate is lower than the norm or uneven

2: Have they checked the injectors?
Hi Ajmat,

Thanks for the quick response. I am not certain of the answer. I had taken the car for servicing and it was with them for the whole day. To be fair to them, they said they will take some readings and send them to Skoda while seeking approval. Anyway i will insist on this the next time i visit them. I am mainly concerned as the other work shop was quite confident that its a turbo issue.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd June 2015 at 16:42. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 7th July 2015, 12:25   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmodromic View Post
Battery charge was normal, so sent to the ASS. A Wheel speed sensor was found faulty after the vehicle scan and replaced at a cost of INR 4100/-. it took one day to replace.

Cheers
ABS & Traction lights up again. I did a 2000km trip in tamil nadu and kerala and came back to chennai. Did not use the car for 10 days after the trip and when i started the car, the warning lights came on again. Sent it to the ASS and have been told that the error is a wheel speed sensor issue. I changed the "rear left" wheel speed sensor last time. I am now told its the "front right". I am getting it replaced.However, i am keen to know if any of you have faced this issue with your skodas?
Old 7th July 2015, 13:33   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmodromic View Post
ABS & Traction lights up again. I did a 2000km trip in tamil nadu and kerala and came back to chennai. Did not use the car for 10 days after the trip and when i started the car, the warning lights came on again. Sent it to the ASS and have been told that the error is a wheel speed sensor issue. I changed the "rear left" wheel speed sensor last time. I am now told its the "front right". I am getting it replaced.However, i am keen to know if any of you have faced this issue with your skodas?

Yes. ABS wheel speed sensors go kaput randomly. Have happened twice in my case also. Once I cleaned and put it back which worked for a few days more before it gave the alarm again and had to get it replaced. Not just with Skodas, have happened to higher segment cars too among the cases that I know of.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 11:16   #840
BHPian

Hi, i have an L&K 2012 DSG. I am struggling to get the DRL activated!!

Any help would be great. I tried the Indicator Stalk option as mentioned in the Owner's Manual. Using the VCDS I got the DRL option on the MFD but it doenst work. Should the Headlights be on Auto or 0 to get it activated

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks