Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2016, 08:53   #976
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Some idiot has stolen both the OVRMS from my Laura. Service center people say it would cost around 42000 to get new OVRMS.

Can someone suggest some place in Delhi to get these for lesser amount. I think 42000 for OVRMS is way too high.
Old 7th October 2016, 09:43   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack_himanshu View Post
Some idiot has stolen both the OVRMS from my Laura. Service center people say it would cost around 42000 to get new OVRMS.

Can someone suggest some place in Delhi to get these for lesser amount. I think 42000 for OVRMS is way too high.
I think your ovrms must have landed in for bazaar of Delhi. Olx is your way out. I see some Audi ovrms for 5k listed. Chances are you might get your own there
Old 7th October 2016, 10:06   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
I think your ovrms must have landed in for bazaar of Delhi. Olx is your way out. I see some Audi ovrms for 5k listed. Chances are you might get your own there
Thanks, will definitely try that. Also, I see you are from gurgaon. Can you suggest some good local garage/auto shop for servicing/maintenance for laura. My car would be needing some maintenance work for suspension in couple of months.
Old 8th October 2016, 15:45   #979
BHPian

Hi bhpians, I am facing a weird problem with AC of my 2007 Skoda Laura L&K AT. My father got the AC cut-out changed about 1 yr back from a local mechanic at Hisar and then he moved to Gurgaon. When the car is on idle the AC doesn't work and when the car has done 2-3 kms of driving then the AC starts. I am guessing it is a cutout problem. Can anyone please tell me the part number of AC cut-out or price of the part?
Old 10th October 2016, 18:13   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, will definitely try that. Also, I see you are from gurgaon. Can you suggest some good local garage/auto shop for servicing/maintenance for laura. My car would be needing some maintenance work for suspension in couple of months.
Check the thread I have mentioned a FNG guy called Ravi the guy is based in DLF Phase 3/ Nathupur. Good relabel guy has been looking after my car for about 4 years now
dexter78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 09:38   #981
BHPian

An update to the AC problem, got the compressor and condenser changed at Raj Auto Point, Mr, Ravi Malhotra is the owner and very knowledgeable guy. The Skoda ASS gave an estimate of Rs. 80k for the same job with cooling coil and electric fan etc. but after getting it checked by Mr. Ravi, the cooling coil and fan were working fine. Total damages were Rs. 40k including alternator carbon bush replacement with 1 year warranty on compressor and condenser. I would recommend Raj Auto point for maintenance of European cars. He had some Mercs and Beemers also for accidental wor k and normal servicing.
Old 12th October 2016, 09:49   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
An update to the AC problem, got the compressor and condenser changed at Raj Auto Point, Mr, Ravi Malhotra is the owner and very knowledgeable guy. The Skoda ASS gave an estimate of Rs. 80k for the same job with cooling coil and electric fan etc. but after getting it checked by Mr. Ravi, the cooling coil and fan were working fine. Total damages were Rs. 40k including alternator carbon bush replacement with 1 year warranty on compressor and condenser. I would recommend Raj Auto point for maintenance of European cars. He had some Mercs and Beemers also for accidental wor k and normal servicing.
Could you post the address of Raj auto point
Old 12th October 2016, 12:20   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Could you post the address of Raj auto point
Plot No., 8, Galli No 7, DLF Phase 3, Sector 24, Gurgaon, Delhi 122002
Contact - 98731 79688

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/....1066625?hl=en
Old 15th October 2016, 21:34   #984
BHPian

Hissing sound from break pedal and brake malfunction light

Today I noticed hissing sound from the break pedal and the brake indicator glowing in the instrument cluster.

Braking was normal as well as the pedal feel. What might be the reason for this.

Is it a serious issue. Experts your suggestions

It is Laura 1.9 TDI type 2 with 40000 odo reading.
Old 15th October 2016, 21:50   #985
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
Hissing sound from break pedal and brake malfunction light

Today I noticed hissing sound from the break pedal and the brake indicator glowing in the instrument cluster.

Braking was normal as well as the pedal feel. What might be the reason for this.

Is it a serious issue. Experts your suggestions

It is Laura 1.9 TDI type 2 with 40000 odo reading.
Yes it seems to be a serious issue as you have lost brake oil and the brakes could fail. This could be due to rats biting your brake lines. Please get it checked asap!
Old 18th October 2016, 17:38   #986
BHPian

OK Guys my Laura 2008 1.9Tdi PD has quite a few problems, really confused how to go about it and helpful comments will be well appreciated, has currently done around 65,000 kms.
  • ABS and TCS error signal, the light just popped up one day and refuses to go, my neighbourhood garage says I'll have to take it to the authorised Service Centre and get it sorted, issue is he says it might cost 25k, any solutions
  • The Roof Lining suddenly just came off, have to get a new one, Skoda auithorised Service Centre is quoting me 25k.
  • The Clutch has become hard, I feel there is some slipping, is it advisable to replace the entire set?
  • When does the Timing Belt have to be replaced?
  • The Car gives a hoarse sound after 80kms/hr, any idea what it could be? feels like the there is some resistance from the car.

Apart from this got the AC replaced and it is working as good as new.

TIA
Old 20th October 2016, 10:44   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Finally got my ovrms installed. Total expense Rs. 8000 including everything (ovrms, installation at home).

Now next steps would be to get the VAG cable and start exploring.

Last edited by smack_himanshu : 20th October 2016 at 10:45.
Old 20th October 2016, 11:14   #988
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I am looking at buying a used Laura TSi. The car has done about 30K/2011 Model, asking price of about 6L.

I am going to check out the car over the weekend, is there anything specific that I need to look for as a wear/tear thingie or any common gremlins that I need to be aware of in the Laura?

Appreciate your help, thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 11:44   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Folks, I am looking at buying a used Laura TSi. The car has done about 30K/2011 Model, asking price of about 6L.

I am going to check out the car over the weekend, is there anything specific that I need to look for as a wear/tear thingie or any common gremlins that I need to be aware of in the Laura?

Appreciate your help, thanks
Please check the following things:

1. Full service history if available

2. I would get it checked at an ASS with OBD diagnostics for any hidden issues, as far as I remember they charge Rs 1200 to check the full car

3. Age of tyres, guessing they would be on the first set

4. Price should be around 5-5.5 lacs as Skoda doesn't have a good resale value but yes it depends on the condition of the car.
ricky_1605 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 12:51   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Finally got my ovrms installed. Total expense Rs. 8000 including everything (ovrms, installation at home).

Now next steps would be to get the VAG cable and start exploring.

where did you source the ovrms from?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks