Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 12:14   #226
BHPian

re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I think, you can show it to a competent independant garage. Check with them on this, if its somewhere around the same quote, then take a call.
I need to find other Skoda owners of team-bhp in Delhi NCR.
Old 19th December 2011, 12:40   #227
BHPian

Speaking of independent competent garages... Are there any in pune for skoda's? First time I am owning a pre-worshipped car and never needed a independent garage before.

Swanand, thanks for the pointer towards Poona motors for the HU etc, but has anyone here on the forum tried this before? I would have preferred a heads up before i went to the store.
Old 19th December 2011, 14:00   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Speaking of independent competent garages... Are there any in pune for skoda's? First time I am owning a pre-worshipped car and never needed a independent garage before.
TuneUp Plus in Baner is pretty reputed. Not sure if he services Skoda's though.
Another one is Bhoomi Motors, East St Camp. He does service Skoda cars. Shall PM you the number of the owner if need be.

Quote:
Swanand, thanks for the pointer towards Poona motors for the HU etc, but has anyone here on the forum tried this before? I would have preferred a heads up before i went to the store.
Fellow Punekar and BHPian Subodh got an after market HU on his Vento. Here's the link.
This was done at Bhandari Auto. You could get in touch with him for the details
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 11:41   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
TuneUp Plus in Baner is pretty reputed. Not sure if he services Skoda's though.
Another one is Bhoomi Motors, East St Camp. He does service Skoda cars. Shall PM you the number of the owner if need be.

Fellow Punekar and BHPian Subodh got an after market HU on his Vento. Here's the link.
This was done at Bhandari Auto. You could get in touch with him for the details
Will check with Bhoomi motors since they are closer to home for me.

Subodhs after market HU is a job well carried out. however not sure if he has steering controls on his vento? and whether they could be programed to the HU? Will drop in at both Poona motors and Bhandari auto and check the availability of HU for replacement of the "audience" one in my Laura.
kevinephraim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 23:10   #230
BHPian

An update...
CASKA has a HU that is a perfect fit for the audience oem music system. Integrates completely with everything onboard. However price is major factor considering i actually only need a navigation system and reverse camera. 45~50K for the caska unit while 16~19k for the external gps and reverse camera.
Old 21st December 2011, 07:21   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79

JMD are good, why you don't like them, bad experience?
Nothing in specific, did not like their Kandivali workshop.. Did you have good experiences with them?
Old 21st December 2011, 13:58   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
Nothing in specific, did not like their Kandivali workshop.. Did you have good experiences with them?
i have taken my car to jmd vashi for first service, was alright not bad but now i take it to autoban as i stay in south mumbai & autobahn is pretty close, so far touch wood no complains from autobahn..
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:35   #233
BHPian

Any idea if the different OEM players that came in the Laura's (old and FL), 'Audience', 'Swing', 'Bolero', and 'Colombus' are interchangeable? I have been trying to get the external dimensions of the facades /panels of each of these models, however I haven't had much luck.

If so I'd try to get somebody in UK to get me one of these -
SKODA COLUMBUS satellite navigation system RNS510 MFD3 V7 Octavia Fabia Superb | eBay - and retrofit them in my Laura, also being socket to socket I guess adaptability should not be a problem.
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:46   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea if the different OEM players that came in the Laura's (old and FL), 'Audience', 'Swing', 'Bolero', and 'Colombus' are interchangeable? I have been trying to get the external dimensions of the facades /panels of each of these models, however I haven't had much luck.

If so I'd try to get somebody in UK to get me one of these -
SKODA COLUMBUS satellite navigation system RNS510 MFD3 V7 Octavia Fabia Superb | eBay - and retrofit them in my Laura, also being socket to socket I guess adaptability should not be a problem.
dimensions are same & will fit socket to socket but your parktronic won't work with the columbus or bolero with the pre fl laura uncless u change the canbus & parktronic ecu, there are topics regarding this on briskoda, check it out there..
Old 22nd December 2011, 21:28   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
dimensions are same & will fit socket to socket but your parktronic won't work with the columbus or bolero with the pre fl laura uncless u change the canbus & parktronic ecu, there are topics regarding this on briskoda, check it out there..
Whats the canbus? can you suggest the links on briskoda where i can find out this stuff?

Can the service centers reprogram the ecu since I'm 'Upgrading" my Music system, and also since it is a skoda OEM?
Old 22nd December 2011, 21:36   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Whats the canbus? can you suggest the links on briskoda where i can find out this stuff?

Can the service centers reprogram the ecu since I'm 'Upgrading" my Music system, and also since it is a skoda OEM?
it will work but the new columbus/bolero system have optical parktronic system, so u won't get the parktronic display only the beeps, if u ok with that then its fine, if u want the parktronic display u have to change ur parktronic ecu. do a search in briskoda u will find topics regarding this..
Old 28th December 2011, 10:56   #237
BHPian

I noticed an issue with Laura's AC in the last few days. When i keep the AC off there is a fair amount of air which is leaking in from outside very annoying especially in polluted areas. This happens even when i have the AC off, blower set at 1 and AC in recirculation mode. Only when AC is turned ON and in recirculation mode that i am able to avoid external pollution/fumes from leaking into the car. Any idea on what could be wrong. Recently had my first service done and have driven about 1200 KMS since then. During the service front windshield misting issue was rectified. Could this new problem be linked to the rectification of windshield misiting?
Old 28th December 2011, 16:26   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
I noticed an issue with Laura's AC in the last few days. When i keep the AC off there is a fair amount of air which is leaking in from outside very annoying especially in polluted areas. This happens even when i have the AC off, blower set at 1 and AC in recirculation mode. Only when AC is turned ON and in recirculation mode that i am able to avoid external pollution/fumes from leaking into the car. Any idea on what could be wrong. Recently had my first service done and have driven about 1200 KMS since then. During the service front windshield misting issue was rectified. Could this new problem be linked to the rectification of windshield misiting?
Uh oh! I am planning to get the windshield misting problem fixed at first service too.

Actually the windshield problem is caused by AC air escaping through the dash. So they should not have touched the fresh air/ recirculate valve (if I can call it that). That's the problem when you cut open something. I am more concerned about any rattles that may crop up due to opening up of the dash.

I can't understand what is stopping Skoda from fixing this simple issue at the factory itself, given that it is a standard problem with all Lauras ever since the facelift was launched.
Old 28th January 2012, 06:54   #239
BHPian

I am not sure whether other Laura users face this problem or not, but my car's engine occasionally gets switched off while down shifting.

Is it a common problem or is it my driving style. Apart from the Laura I drive the Swift where I do not face such problems.

Here are details of the car:

Model 2008 1.9 PD Laura Ambiente MT.

Run for 60,500 Kms.
Old 29th January 2012, 11:51   #240
NKR
BHPian

[quote=babhishek;2219866]congrats

The problem of shuddering start has again resurfaced in my Laura 2008. I just had the battery replaced about an year back.Are there any one else with similar problems?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks