Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2011, 21:45   #121
NKR
BHPian

re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
You will need to replace the existing ORVM with motorized ORVM assemblies on both sides and then code the ECU using VAG-COM. You could even program the ECU to display seat belt warnings on the console without adding additional hardware. Current breed of Laura Ambiente's seem to be on a diet - no fogs, no rain sensing wipers, no auto dimming rear view mirror... the list goes on.
Hi where do I source the motorized ORVM assemblies ( I of course dont want to go near the AS Service guys) I am from Kochi.

Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 21:46   #122
BHPian

I've noticed when my Laura TSI is idling, the RPM count does not come down to zero. Is this normal? If the car is not moving, shouldn't the RPM be zero?
Attached Images

Old 9th July 2011, 22:16   #123
BHPian

Guys

We have a 2006 Laura 1.9 TDI L&K DSG A/T

It's done 62,000 KM and recently we did the DSG service at German Tech, Kotayam, which was DSG oil change (Shell Spirax S1 ATF TASA)

The service engineer noted a clatteing at idle and said that the flywheel is due for replacement. They quoted Rs. 41,000 + labour charges.

I searched around team bhp and the web and true enough, the flywheel starts to pack up at around 60k and I have two of the symptoms listed HERE

I was wondering if I could import the part from UK? I searched in GSFcarparts.com, selected the 2006 Octavia 1.9 TDI and found it to be 288 pounds for the LuK Dual mass flywheel. However they haven't provided the LuK part no. for the same nor have they mentioned whether it is for DSG or manual. I'm in doubt if the flywheel is different for DSG?

Even after lots of searching, I could not find the part no. for the Laura DSG's flywheel. Can anyone tell me the LuK part no. for the Dual Mass Flywheel for the DSG Laura? If I import it, will it attract customs duty? The car owned by my dad-he needs an automatic car as he is disabled. Will he get an exemption from customs duty?

EDIT: Found this part in the LuK website & Dieselgeeks.com for VW Jetta 1.9 TDI DSG (couldn't find Skoda)

DMF092 for Automatic Tranny

DSG Flywheel 03G 105 266BE for 2005.5 and 2006 Jetta TDI & 2004 through 2006 New Beetle TDI

Is this the correct part no.? Is the flywheel same for all engine codes?

Last edited by Games Goblin : 9th July 2011 at 22:44. Reason: Added new information
Old 10th July 2011, 08:35   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
I've noticed when my Laura TSI is idling, the RPM count does not come down to zero. Is this normal? If the car is not moving, shouldn't the RPM be zero?
Your engine will die if the rpm comes down to zero .

The engine idles at about 750 to 800 rpm at standstill. The RPM will be zero on any engine only when the ignition is completely off.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 13:45   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Installed convex Right ORVM for Laura FL

I just installed convex right side ORVM on my Laura. Thanks to jatinganapathy's tip in his thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2410066

The mirror is convex, with blind spot reduction towards the extreme right, beyond the black line. The mirror is pasted on the existing mirror with double sided tape provided and is a simple DIY job. Wish I had done a better job of aligning it with the old mold mirror.

The convex mirror offers much better rear visibility and comes as a huge relief, since the flat mirrors created quite a blind spot while changing lanes and taking right turns.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-dsc00863.jpg  

Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-dsc00865.jpg  

Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-dsc00866.jpg  

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 10th July 2011 at 13:49.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:33   #126
Senior - BHPian

Activated DRL's!! I havn't seen another Laura in The flesh, to have DRL's on. Except for Akki5. Got it done at the dealership itself. How ever, he refused to activate the seatbelt chime!:@
Attached Images

adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 14:11   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Activated DRL's!! I havn't seen another Laura in The flesh, to have DRL's on. Except for Akki5. Got it done at the dealership itself. How ever, he refused to activate the seatbelt chime!:@
Pardon my ignorance. Is DRL necessary in bright Indian conditions? My Fabia Elegance has DRLs and the owner's manual says it cannot be switched off in models post Nov 10. I get waved at by many motorists and pedestrians to warn me that "fog lamps" are on. One taxi guy ahead of me actually slowed down to come to my side and tell me about the lights being on after I ignored his frantic hand signals from front. It makes me feel guilty that I am being 'rude' to these good samaritans, by not turning it off!

Last edited by rajcs : 14th July 2011 at 14:12. Reason: spelling
Old 14th July 2011, 14:19   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Pardon my ignorance. Is DRL necessary in bright Indian conditions? My Fabia Elegance has DRLs and the owner's manual says it cannot be switched off in models post Nov 10. I get waved at by many motorists and pedestrians to warn me that "fog lamps" are on. One taxi guy ahead of me actually slowed down to come to my side and tell me about the lights being on after I ignored his frantic hand signals from front. It makes me feel guilty that I am being 'rude' to these good samaritans, by not turning it off!
DRL's provide VISUAL AIDING. Although not as useful in our bumper to bumper traffic conditions, DRL's help on the highway drives.
The next time you hit the highway notice how you will immediately spot a car in your IRVM with DRL's \ parking lights \ or headlamps on, than a car that's running without any. It just makes a vehicle conspicuous, thus increasing safety to an extent.
DRL's just get your attention that there is a vehicle behind you, yes, even in the daytime.

Last edited by mb_jg : 14th July 2011 at 14:24.
mb_jg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 00:13   #129
Senior - BHPian

@rajcs: i indeed got the DRLs activated only because of its visual appeal and safety. The cars with DRLs look more up market atleast here in India, likes of Audi and BMW have had DRLs as angel eyes or the curvy LED's and no ones complaining about that. It sure does add to highway safety. I second it.
Old 15th July 2011, 00:24   #130
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Re: Installed convex Right ORVM for Laura FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I just installed convex right side ORVM on my Laura. Thanks to jatinganapathy's tip in his thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2410066

The mirror is convex, with blind spot reduction towards the extreme right, beyond the black line. The mirror is pasted on the existing mirror with double sided tape provided and is a simple DIY job. Wish I had done a better job of aligning it with the old mold mirror.

The convex mirror offers much better rear visibility and comes as a huge relief, since the flat mirrors created quite a blind spot while changing lanes and taking right turns.
Hey
even i ordered one of these. had been looking for one since the last two years, found it now thanks to you and jatinganapathy! but i am going to remove my old mirror and stick this one direct on the backplate as i have heated mirrors and the heater wont work if the new mirror is pasted on the old one. what i can see from your photos is that the two mirrors are not the exact shape, can you please comment on this?
i have also ordered for aspheric mirror instead of the convex ones as i just love the mirrors on my octavia and e280 (they are aspheric by default).
thanks!
Old 15th July 2011, 12:34   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5

Hey
even i ordered one of these. had been looking for one since the last two years, found it now thanks to you and jatinganapathy! i have also ordered for aspheric mirror instead of the convex ones as i just love the mirrors on my octavia and e280 (they are aspheric by default).
thanks!
@ akki_5: pls do let me know where can i get the aspheric mirrors for my Laura. Really need to change the non-convex mirror. Thanks.
Old 15th July 2011, 22:41   #132
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
@ akki_5: pls do let me know where can i get the aspheric mirrors for my Laura. Really need to change the non-convex mirror. Thanks.
there you go: OCTAVIA 3 09 ON RIGHT MIRROR GLASS 267RAS HEATER+PLATE on eBay (end time 27-Jul-11 11:58:40 BST)
this will work for Elegance and L&K. If buying for an Ambiente, you can pick the cheaper one without a heater.
Akki_5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 22:57   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
there you go: OCTAVIA 3 09 ON RIGHT MIRROR GLASS 267RAS HEATER+PLATE on eBay (end time 27-Jul-11 11:58:40 BST)
this will work for Elegance and L&K. If buying for an Ambiente, you can pick the cheaper one without a heater.
The earleir ambient lauras had Heater option in mirrors
Old 16th July 2011, 11:23   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Installed convex Right ORVM for Laura FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
Hey
even i ordered one of these. had been looking for one since the last two years, found it now thanks to you and jatinganapathy! but i am going to remove my old mirror and stick this one direct on the backplate as i have heated mirrors and the heater wont work if the new mirror is pasted on the old one. what i can see from your photos is that the two mirrors are not the exact shape, can you please comment on this?
i have also ordered for aspheric mirror instead of the convex ones as i just love the mirrors on my octavia and e280 (they are aspheric by default).
thanks!
Yes you are right. The two mirrors are not 100% exact shape... maybe close to 95%. But as I have mentioned in my post I haven't aligned them properly. One problem that I faced was that the aspherical mirror is curved and the double sided tape does not come in contact on the flat surface of the existing mirror. I then had to stick another double sided tape to cover this gap. Since the local tapes don't have strong glue, I used feviquick.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 12:12   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

AC re-circulation switch

The air circulation switch is electronic and not manual. The default setting is n outside air mode and I have to set it to recirculate mode by pressing the switch every time.

Is there a way to set to recirculate by default. Or can this only be done via vag- com?

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks