Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2017, 00:45   #1081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratika View Post
Hi amidoc. I'm facing the same problem with my Superb. ESC, ABS, Yellow Steering Wheel, TPMS lights show up on the MID. There is no change in car's drivability. The lights sometimes go off by themselves too. I suspect this might be caused by heavy rains in Bombay recently. I tried exercising both ABS and ESC and they kicked in.

Before taking my car to dealership I wanted to see how you fixed it. My car is still under extended warranty so I hope this gets covered.

In most scenarios lights in the cluster (without any symptoms) is caused by a weak battery. I had the same with my Laura and the car did not start one morning. Replacing the battery got the warning lights to behave. Stay alert as the self would not show any signs of weakness
v_2rahjo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 15:50   #1082
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
In most scenarios lights in the cluster (without any symptoms) is caused by a weak battery. I had the same with my Laura and the car did not start one morning. Replacing the battery got the warning lights to behave. Stay alert as the self would not show any signs of weakness
Turns out my problem was a bad tyre speed sensor. It was replaced promptly by the dealership under extended warranty and I have the car back.

On enquiry, I was told that once warranty expires, each sensor would cost ~4k and labour to replace it would be ~850. So overall damages would be close to 6k with taxes.
Old 25th July 2017, 00:18   #1083
BHPian

The check engine light is on in my TSI <30K kms, I opened the hood & there don't seem to anything amiss apart from rats chewing a bit of the insulation. Any ideas as to what could be wrong, by the way the car is due for service now.
thx
Old 25th July 2017, 09:33   #1084
BHPian

Hello Guys - I am planning to upgrade suspension and may be install an anti-roll bar for my Laura TSi. Please suggest any good place where I can get this done. Thanks.
Old 28th July 2017, 22:20   #1085
BHPian

The driver's side footwell light on my car stopped functioning. Looks like it needs a bulb replacement. It is a 12V5W W5W halogen bulb (toshiba). Tried searching online, however I couldn't find a similar one. Any inputs would be of great help.

Light part number: 6L0 947 415

Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-img_6605.jpg
Old 28th July 2017, 23:58   #1086
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
The check engine light is on in my TSI <30K kms, I opened the hood & there don't seem to anything amiss apart from rats chewing a bit of the insulation.
Rats are big trouble, especially if they've bitten the insulation visibly. Make sure you sanitise the car and the area completely of them at all costs else they can create havoc with modern cars. Also, get the car checked thoroughly and dont hesitate to have it taken to the workshop on a flatbed.

PS: That bit that you see is more often than not, the tip of the iceberg.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 14:02   #1087
BHPian

I recently acquired a pre-worshipped Laura 2011 TDi CR AT | Cappuchino Beige | 53k kms. Got the DRLs, auto lock, auto unlock and needle staging activated through Skoda A.S.S. F.O.C. I need help on the following:

1. Changing the units of average fuel consumption changed from L/100 km to KM/L. The technician and me fiddled with the software a lot but to no avail. Couldn't find any tab from where the region could be changed to Japan.

2. I want to install LEDs in license plate lamps, DRLs etc. How to deal with the error codes?

3. I've got hold of some spares of Superb TSi. Which I'm planning to get installed in my car. The Steering wheel with paddle shifters, Bolero audio system & maxidot display. Can any fellow Bhpian from NCR help me with the coding of the Bolero system and multi functional steering wheel with paddle shifters?

TIA
Abhishek Mudgil

P.S. A pic of the my car is attached; will post a detailed ownership review post the upgrades.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-1500724987044.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2017, 13:19   #1088
BHPian

I am getting weird noise from front suspension, The noise comes only when I am turning and specifically to right side. There is tak tak noise just couple of times. I went to ASS and they suggested to overhaul suspension which may cost 50K, Has anyone got this noise and let me know if there any solution to this problem

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd August 2017 at 13:54. Reason: Typo.
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:41   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek24x View Post
Can any fellow Bhpian from NCR help me with the coding of the Bolero system and multi functional steering wheel with paddle shifters?

TIA
Abhishek Mudgil

P.S. A pic of the my car is attached; will post a detailed ownership review post the upgrades.
The steering is a plug and play affair and so is the Bolero system- you would need a dash kit at most. I had them both on my Laura. PM me your details and i will put you in touch with my guy in Noida who will help you with most concerns.

EDIT: for the steering you will in all probability need a new ring for the steering button wiring. Will tell you where to get that from.

Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 2nd August 2017 at 13:42. Reason: As above
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 09:07   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
I am getting weird noise from front suspension, The noise comes only when I am turning and specifically to right side. There is tak tak noise just couple of times. I went to ASS and they suggested to overhaul suspension which may cost 50K, Has anyone got this noise and let me know if there any solution to this problem
The problem may be die to bad CV Joint in your RH drive shaft. The solution will be to replace the CV joint. Need not replace the whole drive shaft(which is generally suggested by service centers). I replaced LH CV joint for a similar problem and the tuk tuk sound while turning disappeared. CV joint from Mapco Germany cost me around 2.5k.
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 09:36   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
The problem may be die to bad CV Joint in your RH drive shaft. The solution will be to replace the CV joint. Need not replace the whole drive shaft(which is generally suggested by service centers). I replaced LH CV joint for a similar problem and the tuk tuk sound while turning disappeared. CV joint from Mapco Germany cost me around 2.5k.
Thanks Salbin, I am planning to visit showroom this weekend but with this advice I will goto local mechanic and check CV Joint.
Old 6th August 2017, 10:57   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
Thanks Salbin, I am planning to visit showroom this weekend but with this advice I will goto local mechanic and check CV Joint.
You can also check online sources.

More details were posted by me here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post3941421
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:03   #1093
Senior - BHPian

My Laura TSI has been showing windshield washer warning light. Since it was monsoon here in Kerala with heavy showers almost everyday I take her out, I did not bother to check. Last weekend while I got some free time, mixed the windshield washer concentrate in water and started filling the washer liquid tank. To my surprise, the tank got filled in less than 0.5L

Got inside the car, turned ignition on. Warning in instrument cluster is still on. I tried spraying with no luck. Anybody faced similar issue? Wondering if its a sensor issue which is not allowing pump to be turned on or its a pump issue.
Old 10th October 2017, 18:24   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post
I don't know whether this helps, but I experienced something similar after one servicing. After replacement of diesel filter the gear refused to re-engage from reverse to forward. The mechanic told me of some lever?/cable that was near the filter that could cause certain issues like this. He adjusted the "thing" and hey pronto the problem vanished. I hope your problem is something minor as this
Similar issue has cropped up in my 09 Laura TSI manual. After service in a week car isn't shifting gears when engine is running. The car shifts to reverse, 1st and 2nd when engine is off. Clutch pedal is not stuck, it's just that pressure when pressing the clutch is light. Just after service the clutch was making slipping noise when put in reverse. Also there was oil leakage below the oil filter when checked and the low oil light flashes when the car starts for a couple of seconds. At 87k km (preworshipped at 70k km) as far as I know no clutch servicing has been done. What could be the culprit?
Old 10th October 2017, 18:41   #1095
BHPian

Hi Everybody

Have a 2000 Laura TSI 56000KM on the clock.

Getting the following faults.
They go away if erased, but come back a month or so later..

No discernible change in performance or temperatures.

Any suggestions on what the problem/s might be?

2 Faults Found:
006439 - Relay for Aux Coolant Pump (J496)*
************** P1927 - 000 - Open Circuit

001089 - EVAP Emission Control Sys*
************** P0441 - 000 - Incorrect Flow - Intermittent

Thanks in advance
srgntpepper is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks