Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2021, 12:05   #196
BHPian

Re: Paintless Dent repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Bonnet replacement would be overkill, IMO. I think PDR or denting/painting will fix that dent. If you are in Bangalore, check out post # 191 by "bhpfaninblr" above.
Thanks for the response, got in touch with them and they told it wouldn’t be possible to do a PDR! Any other folks in Bangalore who know a good PDR guy!
Old 3rd April 2021, 12:19   #197
Senior - BHPian

Something similar had happened to our Hyundai. Trend will fix it in Bangalore. Simple job, but they took 5 days though
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
I’m in Goa right now! And the inevitable happened! A coconut fell. Need suggestions, if I should go for a replacement of bonnet for 24000 in the showroom (should be claiming insurance for it) Or should I go for denting painting? Or is there any good PDR shop which I should try out?
Old 3rd April 2021, 13:00   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Something similar had happened to our Hyundai. Trend will fix it in Bangalore. Simple job, but they took 5 days though
Trend? Is it the service Center which you’re talking about? I’m ok to leave the car for a while, you got a replacement done?
Old 3rd April 2021, 15:20   #199
Senior - BHPian

Trend is near to Silk Board junction. They're good at repaint and tinker jobs. Its there in TBHP directory
Quote:
Trend? Is it the service Center which you’re talking about? I’m ok to leave the car for a while, you got a replacement done?
Old 3rd April 2021, 19:19   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Trend is near to Silk Board junction. They're good at repaint and tinker jobs. Its there in TBHP directory
That sounds good, will dig it up and see if they can fix this nightmare! I wish I don’t have to go through a replacement of Bonet! Because that’s still painting at the SC which can be a miss! Better to have a line of weird paint than a weird full Bonet which does not match rest of the car!
Old 4th April 2021, 00:33   #201
BHPian

Quote:
That sounds good, will dig it up and see if they can fix this nightmare! I wish I don’t have to go through a replacement of Bonet! Because that’s still painting at the SC which can be a miss! Better to have a line of weird paint than a weird full Bonet which does not match rest of the car!
Living in Goa, the first thing I do after parking my car is to get out and look up to see if there are any coconut trees! I would suggest you stick with the original bonnet by doing a paint job. A replacement bonnet does not have the factory seal and when you go to sell the car later, people may think you changed it because of an accident thus lowering your price.

Cheers,
SS
Old 4th April 2021, 09:55   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Living in Goa, the first thing I do after parking my car is to get out and look up to see if there are any coconut trees! I would suggest you stick with the original bonnet by doing a paint job. A replacement bonnet does not have the factory seal and when you go to sell the car later, people may think you changed it because of an accident thus lowering your price.

Cheers,
SS
What exactly do you mean by factory seal? They are not stamped?

Going a little OT, but well, believe it or not I did! Was later asked to push it a little forward due to the parking crunch! I protested, the property manager assured that it will nit fall as they had trimmed it a week back! When this happened, all of them were in shock too. Have negotiated with them to give me the filing charges and NCB difference amount. I genuinely believe they could’ve denied it but they haven’t. The monetary aspect doesn’t hurt as much as the imperfect car specially at the Bonet which is the most evident part to be noticed.
Old 7th March 2022, 19:26   #203
BHPian

An update for Chennai folks, Privilege Motor Mall is now rechristened as CARZ XCLUSIVE. Phone : 9940540199.
Mr Subramani is still at the helm and the location is on BUTT road, immediately after you descend from Kathipara flyover. The signage is still lacking.
I had to go there on Saturday as my car suffered 2 dents in a single week. Will get the dents tinkered and repainted next month.
I am posting it here as i found his contact thanks to this same forum post above by BHPian Sameer.
Old 2nd September 2022, 07:36   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomketu View Post
An update for Chennai folks, Privilege Motor Mall is now rechristened as CARZ XCLUSIVE. Phone : 9940540199.
Mr Subramani is still at the helm and the location is on BUTT road, immediately after you descend from Kathipara flyover. The signage is still lacking.
I had to go there on Saturday as my car suffered 2 dents in a single week. Will get the dents tinkered and repainted next month.
I am posting it here as i found his contact thanks to this same forum post above by BHPian Sameer.

Hello Doomketu,

How did it go? I am planning to meet this person to help take a look at my dent.

Some idiot seems to have done something to the parked car. Still trying to figure out what the h*ll did he do to create such a dent. There was a Tata Ace standing next to my car not sure if they messed up while loading and unloading. Anyway.

So after seeing my pictures Mr Subramani said that since the dent is at the line it will be difficult to do a PDR and tinkering & Painting is the way to go.

I am worried about the paint match and he says he can do a 100% paint match and sent me pictures of recent work they had done for a Tata car (work looks good).

He said he can use a puller and show the result but 99% it will not look good as the line will still not be straight and will look weird.
Attached Thumbnails
Paintless Dent repair-whatsapp-image-20220902-7.13.09-am.jpeg  

Old 5th September 2022, 08:18   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashi_007 View Post
Hello Doomketu,

How did it go? I am planning to meet this person to help take a look at my dent.

Some idiot seems to have done something to the parked car. Still trying to figure out what the h*ll did he do to create such a dent. There was a Tata Ace standing next to my car not sure if they messed up while loading and unloading. Anyway.

So after seeing my pictures Mr Subramani said that since the dent is at the line it will be difficult to do a PDR and tinkering & Painting is the way to go.

I am worried about the paint match and he says he can do a 100% paint match and sent me pictures of recent work they had done for a Tata car (work looks good).

He said he can use a puller and show the result but 99% it will not look good as the line will still not be straight and will look weird.

Hey there. He quoted tinkering and painting. While it’s reasonable I have not yet got time to fix all issues. Got the front door flattened as a temp measure. Will be going back later this year once my travel tapers down a bit
doomketu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 21:56   #206

Hello guys,
I am planning to visit either Trend Automobiles or Yashas Car Painting Shop based on the positive reviews I have come across here. Over the years, my car developed a number of minor scratches and dents, planning to get them fixed. Hyundai Service center would charge hefty, that's why looking for some reliable alternatives.
Could you please recommend based on your experience? I appreciate any help/recommendation here.
I am based out of Bangalore. Thanks.
Old 19th June 2023, 16:04   #207
BHPian

My car had got a dent which seemed as if someone had kicked or punched my parked car. There was no scratch but just a big dent on the front passenger door. Took it to my FNG to try and do PDR but they suggested going the whole yard with denting and painting. I did not want to lose my original paint so decided to dig deeper in this forum for PDR and found Mr. Sudhir Gaikwad's contact. Called him up and luckily he was in Mumbai. He came over and in about 30 minutes flat repaired the dent on my car. Best part is that he comes over at home for all the repair work.
I am in no way associated with him but I would highly recommend him for PDR. He mentioned he takes repair work in Mumbai, Pune and Goa.His contact in case someone needs it 95526 29516.
Attaching a couple of pics for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Paintless Dent repair-whatsapp-image-20230619-1.54.08-pm.jpeg  

royalbeat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 09:13   #208
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Can anyone recommend a good person to do the job in Gurgaon? Somebody dented the rear fender when it was parked and thankfully paint is intact courtesy PPF.

Paintless Dent repair-20230717_193239.jpg
Old 9th December 2023, 11:00   #209

Any contacts for paintless dent repair in Tezpur, Assam?
Old 18th March 2024, 16:11   #210
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a person who does PDR in and around Kolkata. Can someone help me out with a contact? Also the gel that is used to do the repair where can that gel be bought from? I looked in Amazon but could not find.

Any leads would be fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks