Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:02   #46
BHPian

You may try the MotoMall in Nandanam. I have never been to those folks, but their ad say they do a paintless Job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Can anyone help me with a paint shop in chennai where they dont try to rip you off with their tinkering painting nonsense.
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:31   #47
BHPian

Privelege Motomall # 24348008 in Nandanam claim to do a paintless dent repair. I would be taking my Cruze tomorrow as there is a small dent on the front right fender. I shall update once the job is done.

Last edited by sameer sultan : 23rd November 2010 at 12:32.
Old 29th November 2010, 10:16   #48
mgh
BHPian

Had gone to MyTVS for two problems. Dent in boot door caused by stupid biker and a cracked and slightly broken bumper.
Attraction was the paintless dent repair and plastic repair, as mentioned in their site.

If you go from Dairy circle on Bannerghatta Road, there is a signal just before Sagar Apollo Hospital, with an IOC bunk right at the signal. Immediately after the bunk there is a gate, turn into that.

Unfortunately for me, they said that PDR was not possible on the dent and it would cost about 3500 to repair and paint it. As far as the bumper is concerned, they said I would have to replace it, cost 5000 including painting. Had taken a quote for 6500 from a workshop, with second hand bumper.

After that I went to JC Road and found a shop, which had a guy who does bumper repair. The guy said it should cost at the most 300-400. Unfortunately, he is in his native place right now, will be back after a week.
If it works, will post details.

Last edited by mgh : 29th November 2010 at 10:17.
Old 30th November 2010, 09:06   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
After that I went to JC Road and found a shop, which had a guy who does bumper repair. The guy said it should cost at the most 300-400. Unfortunately, he is in his native place right now, will be back after a week.
If it works, will post details.
Please post the contact details / number and also your experience with this guy.
Old 30th November 2010, 09:39   #50
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Autovega has started shop in Pune too - 1 Hour! Mobile Car Servicing Pune, Bangalore

However, the dent removal service page just says "starting soon". I couldn't find any phone number on their website either.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 30th November 2010, 11:19   #51
BANNED

I have tried the services of AutoVega Bangalore and am around 40% satisfied.

They have good tools but their boys are not experienced enough to do the job.

I can PM the contact details if anyone wants them.
Old 1st January 2011, 17:37   #52
mgh
BHPian

Re: Paintless Dent repair

ref my earlier post (#48) in this thread
the bumper repair guy hadn't come back after a week, the shop guy promised to call me when he came. didn't hear anything from him, so had decided to go with a second hand bumper, as advised by one workshop. in the meanwhile because of a stone left carelessly on road, got a slightly damaged front bumper as well. so yesterday, i called the shop hoping against hope. lo and behold the bumper guy was available.
took it there this morning. settled at 900 per bumper, as both had to be opened (opening is necessary if pushing from inside is needed)
The process used is welding with jugaad tools (heating on fire)Workmanship was excellent.
problem!- my car is metallic silver with body colored bumpers. All bumpers unfortunately are born black, and then painted if needed. so my bumpers needed to be painted! The quotes i had included painting the teat bumper, which i was told costs anywhere from 1000 to 1500- depending on workshop.
no problem!- the shop guy got me a denting and painting guy from nearby, he agreed to repair the dent,paint the boot door, paint the rear bumper, touch up the front bumper(front left underside+ a little of the top) and few minor touch ups for 5000.
must admit the work was perfect (color matched perfectly, and smooth finish). most amazing, the entire job was finished in 2 hrs 45 minutes, estimated time given was 3 hours. The owner also said that if a car is left in the morning, it will be available in the evening fully painted.
Anyway now the important details for your use
The shop- car designeer
location-come down JC Road, take right at Siddhaiah Road (signal), take first right, park anywhere suitable, it is a short road with a dead end. Walk to the dead end, turn left, it is a tiny cubbyhole of a shopto your left. Contact person - Sadiq Pasha- mobile 9663102360

the denter and painter
location- on the road!- From JC road take a left at Siddaiah Road-take first left
contact person James- mobile 9945011484

important- for dent repair and painting-do get quotes from other places before you go there- so you have an idea of the price- was really thrilled at the whole job completed in less than 3 hours

as far as i know the bumper repair guy (he moves around with his tool box) is known to both Sadiq and James
my advice would be to contact sadiq if you have a black bumper (no painting is needed), if you do need painting+ plus some tinkering, go to James.
bargaining is the order of the day at both places- if you are a good bargainer, you could have probably got it done cheaper
Old 1st January 2011, 18:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Could you post some pictures ? We would love to see the finish.
Old 1st January 2011, 18:30   #54
mgh
BHPian

will try to do it tomorrow
Old 2nd January 2011, 21:40   #55
mgh
BHPian

attached photos taken with mobile and flash-the bright spots are due to the flash
the bumper had a piece almost broken off and cracked in the marked area, and the boot door was dented above that.
the colour match is perfect.
as per my calculations you save at least about Rs 1000 per bumper, compared to getting second hand bumper, and about Rs 3000 to 4000 compared to new bumper.
cost of the dent repair itself was about the same as elsewhere, i was impressed by the speed with which the work was done in almost assembly line precision.
edit:with the traffic being what it is in Bangalore, am sure that this will not be the last time someone hits from behind. i will go for bumper repair till i want to sell the car, and then if required put second hand bumper
Attached Thumbnails
Paintless Dent repair-image003.jpg  

Paintless Dent repair-image004.jpg  

Paintless Dent repair-image005.jpg  

Last edited by mgh : 2nd January 2011 at 21:45. Reason: add impression
Old 3rd January 2011, 00:41   #56
Senior - BHPian

Nice job for the price you paid. Thanks for the post. If I ever need to find this place I will PM you.
Old 3rd January 2011, 09:47   #57
mgh
BHPian

overall i ended up paying a little more, as i am sure the shop guy would have got a commission from the bumper guy ,as well as the denting and painting guy.
JC road area is a maze as bad as city market, you need a guide, so did not mind it. btw, the shop sells ICE and stickers, but the guy seems to know his way around. I needed mud flaps for the rear, TASS had quoted 650+labour charges (all 4 flaps). the guy got them and fitted the rear ones for 350, and gave me the front two. so he may also be a good contact, if you need something from JC road area, and don't know where to go.
Old 3rd January 2011, 10:04   #58
Senior - BHPian

I got following quotes in Koramangala so think there is no point in going to JC Road for this.

Ali Garage quoted 900 Rupees just for dent removal ( no painting) as they need to take out the bumper and refit. For denting and painting their quote is 3500.

Automech quoted 2800 Rupees for dent + paint and adviced against only denting.

I got both the quotes couple of weeks back but did not get the time to leave the vehicle to them. This is for a Safari bumper which has large surface area so other cars should not exceed.
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:18   #59
mgh
BHPian

good that you have someone in your area to do the job. contact details would help others in your area.
to me the best part of the experience was that i did not have to leave the vehicle with them. everyone else wanted my vehicle for two days.
all garages i had consulted before, including TASS, TVS and couple of my local garages specializing in tinkering, told me that the bumper could not be repaired as it was cracked.

Last edited by mgh : 3rd January 2011 at 11:20. Reason: add
Old 26th February 2011, 18:49   #60
Team-BHP Support

Hey folks, this is the damn dimple on my car (above the front right tyre); don't know how it happened.

I called my myTVS and showed it to them; one of the guys there did not understand what I wanted and just said I'd have to leave the car for 8 hours and would charge 1200. When I told him about PDR, he called someone else. That person said, it couldn't be done on this since the location of the dent is such.

Called up Vega and the guy said his equipment has developed some problem.

So, can the dent really not be straightened up using PDR? Or does the myTVS guy not know how to get it done (read that some other member who was refused to).

Where else can I get this sorted out.
Attached Thumbnails
Paintless Dent repair-dsc00028.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks