Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 13:33   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Paintless Dent repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Hey Ajay how about catching up Swanand's place as I am planning to get my Honda city fixed from Sudhir tomorrow along with Swanand's Swift.
Sorry man, I missed your quote. I would have surely loved to catch up with all like-minded dudes. Next time...
Old 25th October 2011, 10:38   #107
BHPian

Anything similar here in Bangalore?
Old 25th October 2011, 10:46   #108
BHPian

Question : What is the challenge in doing this that the serivice is rare and few ?

I have checked with 2 MASS and 1 general Garage and in all cases they said they do only the regular dent repair work.

What is the challenge that is making it such a rare service, when the problem itself is common?
Old 25th October 2011, 11:08   #109
Senior - BHPian

I had forgotten about this, but Mr. Gaikwad called me this weekend and asked to see the scratches on the Jazz.
He was kind enough to come all the way to Kothrud and try to get rid of them. Unfortunately, no success; it seemed to be the same case as that of Racer_X's car.

Within the last week, my inlaws' Wagon R had accumulated two rocking dents; one each on the front bumper and the C pillar. He got to work and the dents were gone in an hour or so.

I asked him if he provided the same service in Mumbai. He said he can do that in Navi Mumbai by appointment and also willing to do it on Western line if there is enough business to warrant a trip there. Maybe you guys can coordinate among fellow bhpians/ neighbours and invite him there from Navi Mumbai for a day. IIRC, Ajay has already shared his number. If not, send me a PM and I will reply with the number
Old 25th October 2011, 11:10   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVI2112 View Post
What is the challenge that is making it such a rare service, when the problem itself is common?
My guess is not many people who can provide this service have the funds or resources to start out on their own. That's why they have to take a salaried position in some garage.

From the garage owner's PoV, if they [i.e. the garage owners] admit that the job is not very complicated, then they obviously won't be able to justify charging you an arm & a leg for the work. Hence the charade of making it sound like a big deal than it actually is.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 13:23   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I had forgotten about this, but Mr. Gaikwad called me this weekend and asked to see the scratches on the Jazz.
He was kind enough to come all the way to Kothrud and try to get rid of them. Unfortunately, no success; it seemed to be the same case as that of Racer_X's car.

Within the last week, my inlaws' Wagon R had accumulated two rocking dents; one each on the front bumper and the C pillar. He got to work and the dents were gone in an hour or so.

I asked him if he provided the same service in Mumbai. He said he can do that in Navi Mumbai by appointment and also willing to do it on Western line if there is enough business to warrant a trip there. Maybe you guys can coordinate among fellow bhpians/ neighbours and invite him there from Navi Mumbai for a day. IIRC, Ajay has already shared his number. If not, send me a PM and I will reply with the number
Count me in from Malad and also I guess there is fuel_addict.

Regards,
Narayanan
Old 25th October 2011, 13:58   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVI2112 View Post
Count me in from Malad and also I guess there is fuel_addict.
Someone from Mumbai needs to organise this and give him a call to schedule it. He will give you an idea of the number if you call him.
If its planning something, you dont want me to do it
Old 25th October 2011, 14:08   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Someone from Mumbai needs to organise this and give him a call to schedule it. He will give you an idea of the number if you call him.
If its planning something, you dont want me to do it
I had spoken to him 3 days back where in he had told me that Mumbai is not serviced by him. As of now only two people to my knowledge. If any others are there then we can approach him again with a good count.

Anybody else needing this service?

Regards,
Narayanan
Old 3rd January 2012, 02:11   #114
BHPian

Just got done with a dent on my i20 bumper.. 1300 bucks for Denting + Painting (partial) from the Hyundai service station Pune. The job was done very well.. No trace of any dent or scratch at all.

Last edited by arrowaby : 3rd January 2012 at 02:12.
Old 4th January 2012, 21:29   #115
BHPian

Hi Anybody knows of any such place in Delhi.

The other day my neighbors son was playing cricket on the third floor roof. The leather cricket ball fell down, straight onto the roof of my car and caused a dimple. The paint did not get affected. I need to try the Magnetic / PDR.

Any recommendations in Delhi / NCR for Magnetic / Paintless Dent Removal ?

Styler
Old 5th January 2012, 14:20   #116
BHPian

Here is a picture of the Car - Notice the small dent on the roof, next to the left black rail.
Attached Thumbnails
Paintless Dent repair-cardent.jpg  

Old 5th January 2012, 14:50   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Here is a picture of the Car - Notice the small dent on the roof, next to the left black rail.
IMHO, i wouldn't bother fixing that ding on the Camry because -
1. It is a small one,
2. At a location hardly visible during normal usage,
3. Fixing it the proper way (denting/painting) would be costly,
4. PDR, even if possible, would involve removing a few side panels and entire roof lining (which can never be put back to a factory assembeled state),
5. Would serve as a 'nazarbattu' to ward off evil eyes!

Last edited by Puneet.S : 5th January 2012 at 14:51.
Puneet.S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 10:15   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet.S View Post
IMHO, i wouldn't bother fixing that ding on the Camry because -
1. It is a small one,
2. At a location hardly visible during normal usage,
3. Fixing it the proper way (denting/painting) would be costly,
4. PDR, even if possible, would involve removing a few side panels and entire roof lining (which can never be put back to a factory assembeled state),
5. Would serve as a 'nazarbattu' to ward off evil eyes!
I have also decided to let it be.....mainly for the reason # 5
Thanks
Styler
Old 19th April 2012, 14:35   #119
BHPian

Sorry for bumping this thread and pardon me if this suggestion is already made. Have you guys tried the DIY dent repair kit? I have it and I must say it's very very useful.
I'm talking about this :
You can save plenty of bucks and time with it.
fast&furious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 15:15   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&furious View Post
Sorry for bumping this thread and pardon me if this suggestion is already made. Have you guys tried the DIY dent repair kit? I have it and I must say it's very very useful.
I'm talking about this :POPS A DENT Remove Car Dents & Dings Quickly & Easily! - YouTube
You can save plenty of bucks and time with it.
I have tried this a couple times on my Swift. I would say, some skill is needed. Like if you glue it more than needed, you will be having a hard time. It won't get dents back to perfect condition, but definitely worth the price IMO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks