Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 15:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, however I have already done that, there were mixed reviews but I am looking for some trusted reviews here on team-bhp. Some reviews on foreign websites were as if some dent-removal company was just bad mouthing about the product, there might be some genuine negative reviews, but again I am looking for by some members here
Any update on this? Weere you able to remove the dent?
Old 30th June 2009, 12:16   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I got this magnetic paintless dent removal job on my Vtec. Worked like a charm.

My post elsewhere on the forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
4. Two dents removed : His friend has that magnetic device which can suction-remove dents (only a 15 minute job...no need of painting). I had two on the right side, from the tight parking spot below my office (pedestrians & motorcyclists). Take a look at the pictures:

The bottom part of the door (below plastic moulding) had a deep annoying dent. That magnetic thingy has removed 99% of the dent. Only if you stick your eyes to the door can you tell of some minor unevenness (spell check)

The entire body panel behind the rear door was dented (probably by a pedestrian leaning on it or a hard football hit). Again, it's 99% gone, though if you look very closely in person, you could tell.

Contact details:

Quote:
For Magnetic Dent repairs : Mr. Niranjan 99672.63136
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2009, 13:14   #18
nitin.dangayach

whats the best way to remove small scratches(not dents) from the paint body ?

they look like small scratches or swirls

Old 4th July 2009, 23:25   #19
ada
BHPian

I did use such service before in Mumbai, it was at kurla somewhere on the eastern highway, basically this is even done for coated steel sheets in factories if they get dented while handling. Very skilled job. They go about with little hammer and a flat base plate. The only condition being that the paint should be strong enough to bear all that little hammering (no paint peel off), and the deformed part must not be too deformed . Actually when dented the metal stretches a bit, if it deforms too much then it is difficult to put back.
Old 30th August 2009, 13:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Dent removal service in Pune

Hi Folks,

Last week, a colleague of mine got a decent sized dent on his SX4's rear bumper removed using a dent removal service, and sent an email about it to a few of his colleagues and friends, in case we also wanted to utilise this service. I've seen the results, and they are quite impressive.

With my colleague's & the dent removing guy's permission, I'm copying the email contents below:

"I had read one article in Loksatta about a person who repairs the dents of your cars. I called him and tried getting my car dent repaired from him. He comes to your house / office with his kit (a cream of some sort, a halogen lamp to heat the bumper and a magnet to create a vacuum on the bumper), and works at your site. He took less than 30 mins to remove this dent from my bumper. He charges Rs 500 per dent (Metal or bumper). See if you need his services. I had asked 3 service stations before getting this done. All had quoted Rs.1500 to 2000"

Contact: Sudheer Gaikwad - +91 9552629516. [You can give my colleague's reference (name: Kedar Kulkarni) to this gentleman]. He operates in Pune only.

NOTE: I am not associated in any way with this dent removal service. Am just posting this as an FYI message, and to help out a budding entrepreneur. Interested folks can call him directly to avail of this service.

Photos - Before and after:
Attached Thumbnails
Paintless Dent repair-image005.jpg  

Paintless Dent repair-image006.jpg  

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 30th August 2009 at 13:50. Reason: Removed extra line breaks
Old 30th August 2009, 13:53   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

fantastic service to provide.
wish there were similar people in bangalore

any news?
Old 31st August 2009, 12:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I got this magnetic paintless dent removal job on my Vtec. Worked like a charm.

My post elsewhere on the forum:

Contact details:
GTO, Is this guy in Mumbai? His cell is coming unavailable.
If you have his workshop address, kindly post it.

UM
Old 31st August 2009, 13:14   #23
BHPian

Without getting into too much of technical details, my observation is that any dent on a plastic/fibre based surface is pretty easy to remove, all one needs to have is some ingenutiy for tool selection and some patience. I will narrate a incident to validate this. A Innova guy rammed into my Baleno while backing up, the damage done was more or less like the one displayed on Sx4, but on the front bumber, I realised it was a driver driving the innova and knew that I will have to bear 2 or 3 k to remove this. And gave my mouthfull to him. He simply grinned and asked me to open the bonnet since the dent was on the on higher end very close the number plate. He then try to push it from the inside with his hand when it did'nt work, he took a jack handle wrapped it with a heavy cladding of cloth and push the dent from the inside. The result was that the dent was removed with few scratches that was eliminated by a rubbing compund. I was amazed at the simplicity and it took less than 5 minutes to do that. Then the driver mockingly asked me for atleast half the money . Before I could start my verbal profanities he vanished.

I am not undermining the efforts of advanced tools and techniques used to do the same job, only trying to highlight that should you try it yourself it should not be that difficult. This works well only on the plastic surface mind you, Metal surfaces are different ball game altogether.
Please dont hold me for any failed attempts of DIY

Last edited by kiranpashtakar : 31st August 2009 at 13:18.
Old 31st August 2009, 13:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Any of these magnetic guys in Bangalore ?
Old 31st August 2009, 18:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi Folks,

Last week, a colleague of mine got a decent sized dent on his SX4's rear bumper removed using a dent removal service, and sent an email about it to a few of his colleagues and friends, in case we also wanted to utilise this service. I've seen the results, and they are quite impressive.
==========================
NOTE: I am not associated in any way with this dent removal service. Am just posting this as an FYI message, and to help out a budding entrepreneur. Interested folks can call him directly to avail of this service.

Photos - Before and after:
Any idea if he does this for bikes? I got a very tiny dent on my bike's tank. I asked a couple of shops, they said they would have to cut upen the tank and allied gibberish... Problem is the dent is so small (round, like made with a blunt rod of small diameter), that I dunno if it will be possible to pull it out using vaccum equipment.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st September 2009 at 10:49. Reason: Avoid quoting entire large post. Thanks
Old 1st September 2009, 04:33   #26
BHPian

.[/quote]

This reminds me of a incident with my friend's New Maruthi 800 (Old model). I saw the car with the roof buckled when I visited him one day. I enquired about it and he narrated the story.

He parks his car in his front yard. After a few days he found in the morning the roof of his car buckled in. A gentle push from inside corrected this. But this buckling started happening every day and he had to push it out regularly. This was happening in the night, and one day he determined to find out what is causing this buckling and sat watching the car during the night with the lights off. He did'nt have to wait long to find the reason.
During the night his dog climbs on to the roof of the car to sleep there and early morning gets of the roof. The weight of the dog was buckling the roof.

The day I visited him, He had forgotten to secure the dog the night before.
Old 1st September 2009, 09:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Any idea if he does this for bikes?
That was the first thing I asked him. But the answer is no, unfortunately. :-(
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Yes we do have a person in B'lore who does the magnetic suction.
He is there in Kanakpura road,Near Metro,landmark is Magnum honda earlier it was Metro ford.
He does a good job,but i don't have his contact no.
Old 17th October 2009, 22:12   #29
Senior - BHPian

some douche bag nicked my camry and ran away!!!!
i managed to get rubbing polish on the spot and make the scratch and left over paint from other car go away.
if anyone can get me this magnet dent service guys no in bangalore it would be great help
although its not at all noticeable.
Old 28th October 2009, 13:52   #30
BHPian

Guys

I got some information from TBHP only and when I dig arround I found a person who owns a company and does PDR in Delhi and has been training & selling this technology to a leading brand's Authorised service stations. His name is Ashish and his company name is AAM Automotives. AAM AUTOMOTIVES PVT. LTD.

I saw the results on some of the dents that were pulled out. I must say their tools work wonders However with PDR there are certain limitations. The inner surface of the dent should be approachable comfortably.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks