Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2013, 14:17   #1096
BHPian

re: All about diesel engine oils

Quote:
Originally Posted by teefosi View Post
I am getting it for 800/- per litre. Reasons for choosing is one its an ester based oil which has better lubricating properties and secondly wanted to try something better.
Can you share their contact details? I want to know their Kolkata dealer.
Old 14th March 2013, 23:44   #1097
BHPian

Check my earlier posts I have mentioned the company's contact person in Delhi, you can check with him for Kolkata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Can you share their contact details? I want to know their Kolkata dealer.
Old 16th April 2013, 18:04   #1098
Senior - BHPian

The following is given for Indigo XL Grand Dicor in the Owner's Manual
"Recommended grade of engine oil conforming to 15W40 API CF4+ specification".
If the Sulphur content in the Diesel is more than 0.035% (350mg/Kg), replace the Engine Oil at earlier interval.
I don't know what is the sulphur content in the Diesel I fill. The Recommended Engine Oil Interval if the Diesel with Sulphur Content <0.035% is used is 10000kms.

I use Gulf Max TD 15W40 CI4. What is the drain interval I should follow based on above points?

EDIT: -
Also I change Xylo's Oil every 10KKms as against M&M recommended 15KKms interval 15W40 API CH4.
Is it OK?
The Xylo has covered 1,74,127kms.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 16th April 2013 at 18:19.
Old 16th April 2013, 23:39   #1099
BHPian

Guys need suggestions for SX4 DDiS for 50K service and Fabia 1.4 TDi for 40 k.
Budget is not the issue, since I am looking at 7-8 L plan to buy them together to have bulk advantage.
Pointers please !
Old 17th April 2013, 08:44   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sun View Post
Guys need suggestions for SX4 DDiS for 50K service and Fabia 1.4 TDi for 40 k.
Budget is not the issue, since I am looking at 7-8 L plan to buy them together to have bulk advantage.
Pointers please !
Hello adi_sun

Mobil devlax MX come in 7 L pack , and i have recently changes my new swift zdi with devlac MX . Car is much much smoother , less noise and it feel eager to revv more .
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 10:44   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello adi_sun

Mobil devlax MX come in 7 L pack , and i have recently changes my new swift zdi with devlac MX . Car is much much smoother , less noise and it feel eager to revv more .
Hi,
Thanks for the reply, isn't MX a mineral oil variant? Both my vehicles use synthetic oil. Most people who here recommend Mobil 1 for DDiS, how is this for the old PD engine on Fabia?

Further to the best of knowledge, the new swift recommends synthetic oil. MX is 15W40 right?
Old 17th April 2013, 11:06   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sun View Post

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, isn't MX a mineral oil variant? Both my vehicles use synthetic oil. Most people who here recommend Mobil 1 for DDiS, how is this for the old PD engine on Fabia?

Further to the best of knowledge, the new swift recommends synthetic oil. MX is 15W40 right?
Its a marketing gimmick that new swift need synthetic oil only, i have been servicing my car outside now. I am fully satisfied with Mx.
Old 17th April 2013, 12:55   #1103
Senior - BHPian

My car is due for a service soon, so this time I was planning to use Mobil Delvac 1. I dont know how I will convince the TASS to use the oil I give but I hope they oblige. Currently the car uses TASS given Mobil1 0W40. Just a quick check Mobil Delvac 1 seems to have two varieties especially in the Exxon website. A SHC and ESP so which does one buy as I could not find the expansion for these two abbreviations.
Old 17th April 2013, 13:20   #1104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
My car is due for a service soon, so this time I was planning to use Mobil Delvac 1. I dont know how I will convince the TASS to use the oil I give but I hope they oblige. Currently the car uses TASS given Mobil1 0W40. Just a quick check Mobil Delvac 1 seems to have two varieties especially in the Exxon website. A SHC and ESP so which does one buy as I could not find the expansion for these two abbreviations.
Why is TASS using a petrol engine oil for a diesel engine? AFAIK the multijet requires API - CH4 or above specification diesel oil and Mobil Delvac 1 being a petrol engine oil does not satisfy it!

Delvac 1 SHC is compliant with API CF only. Its basically a synthetic oil for older generation diesel engines.

Delvac 1 ESP satisfies API CI4 and is for modern diesel mills like VW TDI,Hyundai CRDi, Fiat multijet etc!

You get only ESP version in Bangalore AFAIK
Old 17th April 2013, 14:21   #1105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Why is TASS using a petrol engine oil for a diesel engine?
I think they are trying to use a single oil for both types of engines. Saves on inventory, and protects against gunks filling the wrong oil.
Old 17th April 2013, 14:35   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Why is TASS using a petrol engine oil for a diesel engine?
MASS also does this :( . They only have Mobil 1 and fill it in both petrol and diesel engines if you ask for synthetic oil (sometimes even you do not!!).
Old 17th April 2013, 14:43   #1107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why is TASS using a petrol engine oil for a diesel engine? AFAIK the multijet requires API - CH4 or above specification diesel oil and Mobil Delvac 1 being a petrol engine oil does not satisfy it!

Delvac 1 SHC is compliant with API CF only. Its basically a synthetic oil for older generation diesel engines.

Delvac 1 ESP satisfies API CI4 and is for modern diesel mills like VW TDI,Hyundai CRDi, Fiat multijet etc!

You get only ESP version in Bangalore AFAIK
Correction i meant "Mobil 1 being a petrol engine oil does not satisfy it!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think they are trying to use a single oil for both types of engines. Saves on inventory, and protects against gunks filling the wrong oil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
MASS also does this :( . They only have Mobil 1 and fill it in both petrol and diesel engines if you ask for synthetic oil (sometimes even you do not!!).
That is so so wrong! And they crib if we want to get our own engine oil which will be waay better than putting the wrong oil!
Old 26th April 2013, 14:21   #1108
BHPian

Mobil Delvac 1 - Anyone used in DDiS

Folks

Has anyone used Mobil Delvac 1 5w-40 for their DDiS hearts

Would love to hear the feedback as the chaps at MASS insisted I fill Castrol Edge

Planning to pick it up myself. I have been a very happy user for Hyundai CRDi's just wanted feedback from the DDIS folks.

Thanks for the feedback

Cheers
Old 26th April 2013, 15:18   #1109
BHPian

For all the folks looking forward to buy Mobil Delvac 1 5W40, but not getting it due to availability, below site might be an option. Pricing also seems very reasonable at rs.695/L.

I have not bought anything from this site yet and do not have any commercial interest in this.

http://www.99rpm.com/service/engine-...83c7ff34c19de3
Old 30th April 2013, 11:34   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
The following is given for Indigo XL Grand Dicor in the Owner's Manual
"Recommended grade of engine oil conforming to 15W40 API CF4+ specification".
If the Sulphur content in the Diesel is more than 0.035% (350mg/Kg), replace the Engine Oil at earlier interval.
I don't know what is the sulphur content in the Diesel I fill. The Recommended Engine Oil Interval if the Diesel with Sulphur Content <0.035% is used is 10000kms.
BSIII Diesel is having 350 ppm Sulphur content, which is 350 mg/ Kg.
BSIV is having 50 ppm, which is 50mg/ Kg. Since you are in Solapur, you will be getting BSIII.

Changing oil before interval is waste of money and damages the environment. Enjoy your drive and also be kind to the environmnet .

Thanks & Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks