Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 20:00   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
hey a very stupid question!
Isn't the Swift DZire Diesel supposed to have the Oil Capacity of 5 Liters? Do they fill it up completely or they use about 3-4 ltrs.
Relax Bhai.Just check your owner manual for the oil capacity.Then cross check when filling the oil qty at the Service.
In the worst case,the Service guys might just save 0.5 to 1 Ltr for themselves and charge you the full capacity!!!.
Since Fiat MJD and Swift Dzire MJD are both 1.3 engines ,I assume it might take in 4 Ltr of oil.Anyhow just check your Owners manual.
My Fiat MJD takes 4 Ltr.
Regards
Old 14th February 2010, 15:53   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton View Post
Relax Bhai.Just check your owner manual for the oil capacity.Then cross check when filling the oil qty at the Service.
In the worst case,the Service guys might just save 0.5 to 1 Ltr for themselves and charge you the full capacity!!!.
Since Fiat MJD and Swift Dzire MJD are both 1.3 engines ,I assume it might take in 4 Ltr of oil.Anyhow just check your Owners manual.
My Fiat MJD takes 4 Ltr.
Regards
Swift DDiS engine needs 3.1 litres of engine oil. I believe Dzire is also the same engine.
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:21   #348
BHPian

Hey guys,

I got recommended oil from Shell called Rimula R5 E
API-CI4, CH-4, CG-4, CF-4
Details available here: http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC...425849_B2C.pdf

5l packing costs 1240 MRP

Please share your opinion.
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:51   #349
Senior - BHPian

Rimula R5 E. Interesting. I went through the specs. Seems to meet only Euro 3 norms and specs that are 8 years old. The specs looks good. the quality of the oil can now be gauged only with usage. Someone has to take a plunge and be the first person to try this out.

At what price is the dealer willing to offer?
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:04   #350
Senior - BHPian

FIAT Shifting to Petronas

Hi,

I was at Concord Motors this Saturday waiting for my Safari to be delivered and roamed in to their storage area and saw a 210 liter light green barrel of Petronas diesel engine Oil. On close inspection of Barrel it had a label stating that it is shipped to FIAT India Limited , So this means now FIAT has procured Petronas and using it.

Interestingly both Petronas and Castrol GTX barrels kept there were from Patalganga , So I think they are manufactured in Reliance Refinery as per spces given and marketed by different companies.

Regards
Amit
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:40   #351
BHPian

Fiat is using Selenia brand of oils in their cars. Selenia was recently acquired by Petronas. So i think this is just a change of the brand name
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:00   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Rimula R5 E. Interesting. I went through the specs. Seems to meet only Euro 3 norms and specs that are 8 years old. The specs looks good. the quality of the oil can now be gauged only with usage. Someone has to take a plunge and be the first person to try this out.

At what price is the dealer willing to offer?
I got a quote for Rs 1150/-. The packing says "Pkd by LSR Chemicals, Taloja 410208"

The pdf also mentions their low emissions product Shell Rimula R6 LM/LME. I am looking for a oil for Scorpio 2006 so which one will be better?
Old 28th February 2010, 23:49   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Fiat is using Selenia brand of oils in their cars. Selenia was recently acquired by Petronas. So i think this is just a change of the brand name
I just changed to Selenia WR 5W40 Diesel oil for my Fiat MJD at Autofin motors.
Was charged Rs.2600 for 4L with Tax.
After a 1K of driving I have really not noticed much improvement in performance but the engine clatter has reduced to an extent particularly the early morning or cold engine clatter and the second fan in the engine bay doesnt come up swirling dust so often as earlier after a traffic crawl or a highway run.
Overall it is satisfactory in terms of Value for Money and the 7500km service interval wise.
Other oils were also available - Castrol Edge 5W40 @ 1050/L +tax and Castrol Edge Sport 10W60 @880/L + Tax with the Service centre.

My previous oil was Castrol GTX Diesel 15W40@190/L+ Tax.
Thanks
Old 5th March 2010, 20:50   #354
Senior - BHPian

can someone point me to the chevron distributor nearest to trivandrum? Now that I'm finally free of my TASC, I want to try some Delo 400!
Old 6th March 2010, 17:27   #355
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
can someone point me to the chevron distributor nearest to trivandrum? Now that I'm finally free of my TASC, I want to try some Delo 400!
Somebody mentioned it in some thread and a search did reveal that Chevron has pulled out of the Indian market.
Old 16th March 2010, 15:50   #356
BHPian

Chevron is out of India now. But you can try elf, i got 5 l of CH4 Super HDB Turbo for 950.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Old 16th March 2010, 16:04   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton View Post
Anupam00,For which car did you switch to Mobil Delvac MX?What is your present odo?
Regards
Switched for Palio 1.9 Diesel & infact planning for 1.3 Multijet Diesel as well.

The performance has improved significantly.

The odometer is close to 60 k.

Thanks & Regards
Old 16th March 2010, 23:18   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
Switched for Palio 1.9 Diesel & infact planning for 1.3 Multijet Diesel as well.

The performance has improved significantly.

The odometer is close to 60 k.

Thanks & Regards
Thanks Anupam00.
I recently shifted to Selenia WR 5W40 diesel oil at the ASC for my Palio 1.3 MJD at 30kkms.The performance has increased a bit,but noticably the cold engine clatter has come down .Mileage hasnt changed as of now.
I may have to wait for the service interval to actually guage the overall performance of Selenia engine oil.
Thanks and Regards
Old 1st April 2010, 14:51   #359
BHPian

just to share my inputs too on delvac MX with respect to roughness experienced by some fellow members (greenhorn too i believe)

have been using it for the last two oil changes. I too have experienced engine roughness with Delvac MX. However, i started to analyze this roughness over a number of driving conditions carefully.

My theory is while the detergent properties of this oil might be really good, i believe its heat dissipation / absorption / heat handling (or whatever you want to call it) is not up to the mark.

Engine always feels smooth when its not heated up much, e.g. start-up in the morning, steady cruising at 70+ speeds and especially at early mornings and post evening. But the moment you get stuck in stop-n-go traffic, especially at noon, the roughness makes it appearance with a vengeance.

The difference is especially apparent with respect to ambient temperatures.

Last week I made a trip to baroda. Left early morning at around 4.45 a.m. upto gujarat border, kept it to max of 80 as I am not confident of road quality on the maharashtra side. post border stayed at 90-100. smooth and no harshness. then got stuck at bharuch bridge traffic jam for about 1.5 hrs. Post that, its ultra-smooth sailing all the way to baroda. really world-class roads. But by now it was close to 12-12:30 in the noon. I was doing around 110, but the engine had got really rough. (inspite of good airflow to the radiator at these speeds. also the temp gauge was at 11'O clock -less than the half-way mark, so its not like the engine was overheating.)

On the return trip, same roads, left baroda early morning...around 5:00 am. did steady 120 almost all the way to surat. engine was absolutely butter smooth. this smoothness kept reducing as we got closer to mumbai and the ambient temperatures kept going up and speeds came down. by the time i entered ghodbunder road by around 12:00 p.m., engine was so rough, one would wonder if this was the same car we were in a couple of hours back. Even my father noticed the huge difference. It was that bad.

I have noticed the exact same behaviour on numerous road trips to goa / silvassa / chandigarh / delhi after changing over to Delvac MX. On really long drives such as to Delhi, the differences are really apparent over periods of the same day while you are maintaining similar speeds.

Am going to try something different in the next oil change and see if there is an improvement in hotter ambient temperatures.

By the way my Indica TCIC will touch 48K on the odo in a short while.

p.s.
where can I source petronas urania in mumbai ??
also total quartz 5000 15W40 ??

any phone numbers will be really helpful if someone has already tried it in mumbai.

I tried penzoil earlier. nothing really special.

Last edited by hell_rider : 1st April 2010 at 14:55.
Old 1st April 2010, 15:00   #360
Senior - BHPian

I'm gonna try bog standard GTD next time. Maybe thats what the ye olde engine likes

Most Viewed