Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 15:41   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I'm gonna try bog standard GTD next time. Maybe thats what the ye olde engine likes
i think so too actually. but since i saw an earlier report here about the new Petronas offering, would like to experiment with it as well. if i find even that is no gr8 shakes, i'll shift back to good old castrol.
Old 1st April 2010, 15:56   #362
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider View Post
By the way my Indica TCIC will touch 48K on the odo in a short while.
You have your answer below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I'm gonna try bog standard GTD next time. Maybe thats what the ye olde engine likes
Different engine, different oils! It works like a charm in any condition including peak summer scorching sun of 40 deg in my DDiS, no issues so far and the engine is super smooth almost like a petrol
Old 1st April 2010, 22:27   #363
BHPian

What are my options in semi-synthetic ? and cost per liter ?

will definitely not be going for fully synthetic as i need 6 litres in my TCIC. so am open to exploring semi-synthetic if the cost equation is reasonable.

how much is petronas ?

also anyone tried total Quartz offerings in mineral or semi ??

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd April 2010 at 20:50. Reason: Corrected typo
Old 16th April 2010, 08:22   #364
BANNED

Hi Friends,

I'm getting a Petes Box & Green Wind.

1. Since i'm doing the above mentioned upgrades..

Should i use with OWS TurboRacing (Synthetic) or Mobil Delvac MX (Mineral) ?

I'm also planning to get & use the OWS Vitamins.

My car is 2 years old and has done 11000 kms.

2. Should i go for the Flush Procedure or not while changing the engine oil ?

3. Also which diesel should i use with my Swift ? Regular Diesel or Premium Diesel ? Any Particular Brand ?

Thanks
Old 16th April 2010, 16:56   #365
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Should i use with OWS TurboRacing (Synthetic) or Mobil Delvac MX (Mineral) ?
I've heard good things about OWS (though I personally use Mobil1). Whether you want to go synthetic or not depends on your budget. If you can stretch, its well worth the premium.

Quote:
2. Should i go for the Flush Procedure or not while changing the engine oil ?
With only 11,000 kms on your odo, no. Your engine does NOT need a flush.

Quote:
Also which diesel should i use with my Swift ? Regular Diesel or Premium Diesel ? Any Particular Brand ?
Pure regular diesel works like a charm.
Old 17th April 2010, 10:58   #366
BHPian

Hello friends,

i never bothered about the engine oil as such, but last time after i used some mobil black oil for my skoda 1.9 tdi , i have been feeling as if the engine is running very rough. I went through this thread and i got that i can use mobil delvac or petronas unania in my car, but can anybody tell me where can i get these in chandigarh.

or any other inputs or suggestions for the same.
Old 18th April 2010, 16:00   #367
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I've heard good things about OWS (though I personally use Mobil1). Whether you want to go synthetic or not depends on your budget. If you can stretch, its well worth the premium.

With only 11,000 kms on your odo, no. Your engine does NOT need a flush.

Pure regular diesel works like a charm.
Thanks for the tips,

1. Could you kindly elaborate on Why OWS is "well worth the premium" over MX ?

2. Could you/someone guide me as to where i can source Mobil Delvac Mx in south mumbai area ?

Cheers.
Old 18th April 2010, 20:14   #368
rbp
BHPian

Guys, sorry for the layman questions.

My I20 CRDI is fast approaching its second service, it has done 8.5K, is this the right time to change over to fully synth oil? If yes then which brand and grade? Will the service center guys do this or will I have to get it changed outside?
Old 19th April 2010, 10:49   #369
Team-BHP Support

Before switching to synthetic, do look at the grade. Many great synthetics which are API-SM for petrol, are only API-CF for diesels. So get a diesel specific synthetic which is atleast API-CH4 or API-CI4 ideally(for use with BS-iv diesel.
Old 19th April 2010, 11:49   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Guys, sorry for the layman questions.

My I20 CRDI is fast approaching its second service, it has done 8.5K, is this the right time to change over to fully synth oil? If yes then which brand and grade? Will the service center guys do this or will I have to get it changed outside?
@rbp - Pls. check the grade required for your I20 CRDi from the user manual. Currenly the Mobil 5w-50 can be used only if it is a API-CF and not the newer ones.

If the grade specified in the user manual is CI+ then you don't have much of a choice but to get Delvac MX (Mineral Oil).

Regards
Old 19th April 2010, 16:27   #371
Senior - BHPian

Which Synthetic oils are your folks using in your Diesel drives? I am going mad looking for API-CI grade synthetics. The other day I had Raghav of Ignite call up the Mobile 1 distributor for Madras to ask about availability Mobil Delvac 1, and was told it is only available in 200 Litre containers!!!

All the other common synthetic oils I have come upon are only API-CF, and are more oriented towards petrol engines
Old 19th April 2010, 16:46   #372
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Before switching to synthetic, do look at the grade. Many great synthetics which are API-SM for petrol, are only API-CF for diesels. So get a diesel specific synthetic which is atleast API-CH4 or API-CI4 ideally(for use with BS-iv diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
@rbp - Pls. check the grade required for your I20 CRDi from the user manual. Currenly the Mobil 5w-50 can be used only if it is a API-CF and not the newer ones.

If the grade specified in the user manual is CI+ then you don't have much of a choice but to get Delvac MX (Mineral Oil).

Regards
Thanks for the replies, the manual says API-CH4 or above and the recommended viscosity numbers are 15W-40 as per the manual, but the biggest question remains unanswered, will the hyundai guys fill in oil provided by me?
Old 19th April 2010, 19:01   #373
Team-BHP Support

My humble suggestion dont go for these petrol synth's for diesel engines. Stick to a decent mineral and stick to 5k oil change, will give you the same results and less heavy on pocket.
Old 19th April 2010, 20:35   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Thanks for the replies, the manual says API-CH4 or above and the recommended viscosity numbers are 15W-40 as per the manual, but the biggest question remains unanswered, will the hyundai guys fill in oil provided by me?
Yes, they will - at least my Service Advisor has told me more than once that he will get his mechanics to fill in any oil I give them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
My humble suggestion dont go for these petrol synth's for diesel engines. Stick to a decent mineral and stick to 5k oil change, will give you the same results and less heavy on pocket.
Not sure if this is for me, but I would take this advice - this was what I am doing now, and what I was planning to do if I do not get a API-CI4 synth anyways!
Old 20th April 2010, 10:45   #375
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
So which mineral oil would you suggest for my car and where in bangalore can I find it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks