Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2012, 23:59   #91
BHPian

Re: Cleaning the Dusthouse - AC VENT

Friends I was researching on AC neutralisers when I came across this product. Valvoline All Season Heater/ AC Odor eliminator

Now most neutralisers can be sprayed into the AC vent on the dashboards. This product however needs to be sprayed in the Intake Vents in the cowl area of the vehicle. Can someone guide me where the cowl area of a Figo petrol is? Also if anyone else has used this product, do you recommend it? Of late a leafy type of smell has been coming from the AC. So wanted to get rid of the odor. Didn't find the GULF Neutraliser (as mentioned on another thread) in the market today.
Old 10th December 2012, 01:52   #92
BHPian

The cowl is the part where air in sucked into the car from outside, as valvoline suggests spraying in the cowl area i think it was mentioned that way assuming the fresh air intake is always open in our cars. you may spray the cowl area with the deodoriser only if you use the fresh air intake in your car, otherwise the air-intake for the recirculated air for the ac in general for most cars is under the dash on the passenger side. so you may choose accordingly and spray in appropriate area.

While you are at the job or before you get this done i might also suggest you get the ac filter cleaned as dust accumalation and moisture from the ac could cause the smell and poor air circulation leading to load on the fan.
cheers.

Last edited by msaudf : 10th December 2012 at 01:58. Reason: add content
msaudf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 15:03   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus7 View Post
Today I finally got time to use the ABRO product. The procedure was similar to the one explained in the video posted above. Was very easy to use. After injecting the content in all 4 ac vents, I could see water being drained out beneath the car. Couldn't make out whether it was clean or dirt mixed with water. Left it for 10 minutes, then switched on AC with blower set to speed 4, for about 15 minutes in fresh air mode.
Optimus looking forward to another review by you on this. Have you used the can again? How long before you had to use it again?
Old 8th February 2013, 15:44   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Optimus looking forward to another review by you on this. Have you used the can again? How long before you had to use it again?

I have used this product and found it to be pretty good. The smell after use is not so pleasant and is somewhat acrid. It will go after a week or so. One can will give you 4 applications of 10 seconds each. I finished the complete can by using it on each vent for 10 seconds each. But i would suggest you use it only on the two center vents two times each because the vents at the extreme end wont be so dirty anyway. Lot of black dirty foam will drip out onto your footwell area so ensure that you have covered the complete footwell area with newspapers(multiple layers)
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 15:55   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

I have used this product and found it to be pretty good. Lot of black dirty foam will drip out onto your footwell area so ensure that you have covered the complete footwell area with newspapers(multiple layers)
Hey thanks for the headsup Sagar.
By 10 second each do you mean till the foam comes upto the vents level?
How long before the vents again become dirty?

Also do you apply in recirculation mode or fresh air mode?

P.s snapdeal is selling it for 400 approx. Will order one.
Old 8th February 2013, 16:09   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks for the headsup Sagar.
By 10 second each do you mean till the foam comes upto the vents level?
How long before the vents again become dirty?

Also do you apply in recirculation mode or fresh air mode?

P.s snapdeal is selling it for 400 approx. Will order one.

Actually the can comes with a long plastic flexible tube that you put into the AC vent all the way till you feel the pipe has hit something.Once you feel that you retract the pipe by a couple of inches and then hold the trigger for ten seconds . No the fom will not come to the vent level because you would have pushed the pipe deep till the evaporator coil.

Fresh air mode with one or two windows open for 10 mins with blower in full blast and AC set to coolest setting

Just saw the product on snapdeal. The one is got is different from this and costed me 788 bucks off ebay india. The usage instructions maybe slightly different
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 16:19   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

Just saw the product on snapdeal. The one is got is different from this and costed me 788 bucks off ebay india. The usage instructions maybe slightly different
However both the products have the same initial price. I just hope its not a fake.

Thanks for the detailed input.
Old 12th February 2013, 20:58   #98
BHPian

as said on earlier page, I had purchased the Abro product and tried twice in the center 2 vents in my Xylo. somehow, the tube couldnt go very deep inside, but still I sprayed. Following the instructions, but I didnt notice any dripping below the car or under the glove-box (inside where the coil resides).

am I missing something ? The can still has lots of liquid.
Old 12th February 2013, 23:11   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
as said on earlier page, I had purchased the Abro product and tried twice in the center 2 vents in my Xylo. somehow, the tube couldnt go very deep inside, but still I sprayed. Following the instructions, but I didnt notice any dripping below the car or under the glove-box (inside where the coil resides).

am I missing something ? The can still has lots of liquid.
I believe the Xylo should have a huge HVAC unit. So you will have to spray generous amount, meaning at-least half a can in one go! As you might be knowing, the liquid forms a foam inside and then the foam again liquefies and drips off. So keep spraying the contents until you start seeing some foam generated upto the vents. Further, follow the procedure as already mentioned in preceding posts.
Old 13th February 2013, 18:08   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP640 View Post
I believe the Xylo should have a huge HVAC unit. So you will have to spray generous amount, meaning at-least half a can in one go! As you might be knowing, the liquid forms a foam inside and then the foam again liquefies and drips off. So keep spraying the contents until you start seeing some foam generated upto the vents. Further, follow the procedure as already mentioned in preceding posts.
I already tried twice, with 10+ sec holding the can button. will again check; just that it should do any electrical harm (?) when the foam is gushing down.
Old 20th February 2013, 11:00   #101
ACS
BHPian

The 3M A/C Vent cleaning is awesome. You may feel costly at Rs. 900/ but the job is superb and done neatly. It is very effective as well, you can notice a notable change after the cleaning. Recommended highly for those who needs effective cooling all the time!
Old 3rd March 2013, 22:30   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the delay. Since my first try I have used it one more time. In both occassions, the smell and freshness lasted only for about 2 days. After that its all back to normal. It is not effective as I have hoped.

My problem is, when I turn on the AC the smell is good, meaning there is no foul smell. But the issue is when I turn off the AC and use the fan only mode, then this foul smell comes (both is fresh air and recirculating mode).

Can something help me identifying where the issue might be?

This is really frustrating, as the F.A.S.S, told me they cleaned the air filter (I don't think they did .) during service. I would like to do a DIY, but I don't know where the air filter in the fiesta is located and how to remove it.

Last edited by Optimus7 : 3rd March 2013 at 22:32.
Optimus7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 15:53   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS View Post
The 3M A/C Vent cleaning is awesome. You may feel costly at Rs. 900/ but the job is superb and done neatly. It is very effective as well, you can notice a notable change after the cleaning. Recommended highly for those who needs effective cooling all the time!
Did they do it by removing the dash or was it just done by just spraying through the vents? Am planning to get this done as well hence the question.
Old 6th March 2013, 16:05   #104
ACS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Did they do it by removing the dash or was it just done by just spraying through the vents? Am planning to get this done as well hence the question.
Nope, they will not remove the vents(I am not sure whether they have another package by cleaning with vents removed). They use a stick type mechanism, where they insert the stick inside the vents and drip their solution through this stick. The solution cleans and came out of the vents in the form of foam. Its a 10 minutes job altogether. I hope this helps.
Old 12th March 2013, 22:34   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS View Post
Nope, they will not remove the vents(I am not sure whether they have another package by cleaning with vents removed). They use a stick type mechanism, where they insert the stick inside the vents and drip their solution through this stick. The solution cleans and came out of the vents in the form of foam. Its a 10 minutes job altogether. I hope this helps.
Please do post back once you have used your car for another month. If it is satisfactory then this is really good news. I will definitely try it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks