Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2015, 13:00   #121

Re: Driveshaft/Axle Maintainance

I just attended one of the Service Camps organised by Ford Dealership and the report stated that "Constant Velocity (CV) Drive axle boot broken".

On enquiring, I was told by the A.S.S. that there are no boot replacements though it is just a rubber part. The entire axle will need to be replaced at a cost of approx. ₹14000 if and when the axle starts producing noise while turning.

Is there anything I can do here, since, changing a rubber part can save me from witnessing the "gradual death" of the axle and a couple of grands.

The Ford guys are yet to revert on whether they can undertake a repair job (replace) on the boots and save me the trouble of changing the driving axle on my Figo. I doubt!

P.S. My car is under an extended warranty and in its fourth year with 86000 Kms on the clock.
Old 20th February 2016, 15:06   #122
BHPian

I have the same issue with my Figo's Left hand side driveshaft. Checked with Ford Service center, they are all very busy with flood affected cars and will take at least 3 days to fix any issue. So called up Eureka Ford Parts to check the price for the driveshaft and replace it myself. They quoted a whopping 11K just for the left hand side.

Searched online and found a website that sell the similar part manufactured by Delphi, has anyone tried this ?
http://www.motrpart.in/d/17282/delph...fiesta-figo-lh

Is this reliable and infact manufactured by Delphi as the website claims ?
Old 30th March 2016, 15:40   #123

Hi,

I came to this thread because the drive shaft of my 2005 Maruti Alto is making the "tuk tuk" sound, which means that I need to go for replacement. I called up Essar Automotives in Bangalore and they asked for Rs 4100 for the left drive shaft. In fact, the right one is longer and costs the same. Do you think I should go for some other brand? If so, please suggest one as this one is way too expensive.

Can you suggest a good and trusted mechanic in Bangalore where I can get regular service done too? The MASS just aren't efficient. Thanks!
Old 4th April 2016, 13:20   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJoe View Post
Hi,

the drive shaft of my 2005 Maruti Alto is making the "tuk tuk" sound, which means that I need to go for replacement. I called up Essar Automotives in Bangalore and they asked for Rs 4100 for the left drive shaft.
My Alto Lxi 2005's RH side driveshaft was making the tuk tuk sound and was replaced quite recently. I think the mechanic sourced driveshaft from GSP brand although Delphi & GKN are available.

I have paid 3800/- (GSP) for the part and 750/- as labour.

You may also source the part from motrpart.in although I have not bought from them.

http://www.motrpart.in/l/142/driveshaft

you may also check website: http://www.industrybuying.com/automo...er=desc&page=1

regards
Rajesh

Last edited by cs_rajesh : 4th April 2016 at 13:29. Reason: additional information
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 13:33   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
My Alto Lxi 2005's RH side driveshaft was making the tuk tuk sound and was replaced quite recently. I think GKN is the brand although Delphi is also available.

I have paid 3800/- for the part and 750/- as labour.

You may also source the part from motrpart.in although I have not bought from them.

http://www.motrpart.in/l/142/driveshaft

regards
Rajesh
Thanks Rajesh for the info.

I had bought my car from Bimal Auto and it is now 11 years old. The odo reads 43k. I have always got servicing done at Bimal in the past, but now I stay close to Vijaynagar. I was introduced to Trinity Motors by an acquaintance. However, the car has had rattling noises, which has not been fixed either by Bimal or Trinity. Every time I get my car from service, I am left to think that probably I need to live with issue. There is also a slight vibration in the steering.

I do not know of any knowledgeable mechanics in Bangalore who can rectify the issues and that is why I am here to seek some help.
Old 4th April 2016, 14:01   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJoe View Post
Thanks Rajesh for the info.

I do not know of any knowledgeable mechanics in Bangalore who can rectify the issues and that is why I am here to seek some help.
Hi
I live quite far from Vijayanagar and further, my car was repaired in Madurai, TN.

You may contact one of the car mechanics whom i have visited in the past:
1) Vatsalya Car Care, New BEL Road : 9845973939
2) Beekay Motors, 200 m from Whitefield Honda showroom on whitefield road towards ITPL: 9448001903
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:56   #127
BHPian

My ASS advisor is quoting Rs 7200 for the RH drive shaft(rear) for my Maruti Ritz VDi(2011 model). Is he trying to overcharge? Should I procure the shaft myself & get it fixed from a reputed mechanic?
Old 21st June 2016, 17:22   #128
BHPian

Has Maruti stopped selling just the boots for the driveshaft? My Ritz LHS wheelside boot is damaged and needs replacement. However, the SA has informed that the boot is not available as a spare in MGP and therefore I might have to buy it outside. MGP is selling the full driveshaft assembly and not the boot. Very strange!

Can someone here share the details of the shops where it is available in Bangalore?
Old 24th June 2016, 00:38   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Has Maruti stopped selling just the boots for the driveshaft? My Ritz LHS wheelside boot is damaged and needs replacement. However, the SA has informed that the boot is not available as a spare in MGP and therefore I might have to buy it outside. MGP is selling the full driveshaft assembly and not the boot. Very strange!

Can someone here share the details of the shops where it is available in Bangalore?
I was able to find the boot at Manu Autombiles, JC Road, Bangalore. Costed 235 Rupees along with a tube of axle grease. Got the boot replaced at MASS and paid 250 Rupees labor.
fast_elegance is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 22:45   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
I was able to find the boot at Manu Autombiles, JC Road, Bangalore. Costed 235 Rupees along with a tube of axle grease. Got the boot replaced at MASS and paid 250 Rupees labor.
I came here to post something similar

Boots are available easily in local spares market, and if replaced in time, driveshafts can pretty much last the lifetime of a vehicle, unless they suffer any damage from impact.

Don't know if manufacturers themselves do not supply boots as spares but dealers, for sure, are trying to maximize their income from running repair, by letting the parts go bad so that replacement is inevitable.

It was too late for me, my boots were cut and axle CV joints were damaged. I got new Delphi axles from JC road today @7100 for a pair. For which Hyundai service center wanted 15000!
black_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 01:56   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Don't know if manufacturers themselves do not supply boots as spares but dealers, for sure, are trying to maximize their income from running repair, by letting the parts go bad so that replacement is inevitable.
I agree that the dealers are for sure not informing customers on time when the boots are damaged. I got the servicing done and they did not inform about the damaged boot. I had been for wheel balancing and alignment after 3 days and that's when I got to know.

Ritz axle boots for some reason are not available everywhere. I checked at a couple of shops before landing at Manu.
Old 17th August 2016, 16:04   #132

Here is my experience of getting the RH drive shaft of my Verna Fluidic diesel fixed. Hope it helps:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4036813
zoiks_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 09:56   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoiks_guy View Post
Here is my experience of getting the RH drive shaft of my Verna Fluidic diesel fixed. Hope it helps:
Thanks for this Zoiks_guy. This is exactly what i am going through and the post was really helpful.

Hi,

I have been experiencing a driveshaft issue (if I am not wrong) for a while in my M800. When I do a complete left turn in a considerable speed, I hear a sort of clicking noise during the wheels get back to normal position. I do not experience the same when I do a right turn in any speed nor I hear the noise during normal driving conditions.

Few days back, it was time for a general checkup at Maruthi A.S.S and I reported the issue to them. The technician did a TD and claimed that the suspension and the driveshaft need to be replaced. However, the task was not accomplished due to the lack of time as the vehicle was taken up for checkup at late noon hours. The oral quote given to me on this was about 3k for driveshaft and about 8k for the suspension and clutch related works.

Now, these are the questions eating up my mind:
1. Is the oral price quoted normal or are they trying to overcharge me?

2. Should I be doing the suspension works as well or can I try with the driveshaft first and then go for the suspension if the issue persists?

3. Should the driveshaft be replaced or doing some repair work to it will suffice for some considerable time?

4. I don’t want to go to a local mechanic, but can I give a second thought about it if they can get the job done with some good difference in the cost without compromise in quality.

5. Any other area where the light has to be thrown regards to this issue?

Please advice.
Old 13th February 2017, 19:12   #134
BHPian

Axle: Repair advice required

I am posting on behalf of my friend. He has a 2011 i20 diesel 70,000 kms run.

HASS says Axle grease boot is torn. They say both front and rear axles will get replaced at a cost of Rs. 25,000 for parts, labor and taxes extra.

Is it advisable/possible to get only the seal replaced from a third party garage? Or should he go for the complete axle replacement?
Old 13th February 2017, 22:18   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Axle: Repair advice required

I think it is advisable to change both since the car has done 70,000 Kms. After all, you don't want to go through the hassle of changing the boot if it wears out again and spend twice on labour.

However, it is better that you take a second opinion from a reputed mechanic. These MNCs are known for ripping customers off. As you said, if you think that another qualified mechanic can do this for you at a fraction of a price then go for it.

Regards,
Vishy76

Last edited by vishy76 : 13th February 2017 at 22:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks