Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 16:16   #61
BHPian

Its amazing and unbeleivable how Fiat and GM have let down people who have bought their cars in the past.

They still find a flourishing market for the newer models despite the sorry state of support/parts for their earlier models which were sold as early as 3 years ago !!...I am simply amazed as to what they think about the Indian customers and we keep buying from them and moan after a few years !

Please show them the door !

Ps. The only reason I bought a corsa was because of my budget. I would never buy a brand new car from Fiat/GM. They are popular for letting down the people, and we still buy brand new cars from them
Old 27th October 2009, 17:22   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The worst part is that this is happening in Mumbai / NCR. Wonder what the scenario is in smaller towns.
Yaaa i remember once i was in a village in Bhiwani, and a guy asked me where can he get the headlight for his palio.
His palio was half blind since 6-7 months.
Old 27th October 2009, 19:00   #63
BHPian

Just came back from Charni Road (mumbai) and could only find 1 piece of the gear lever cable. That too i am sure is not an original FIAT spare but then i dont have any choice
The second piece I am not sure when i will get :(
Old 28th October 2009, 13:05   #64
BHPian

@raghav : I generally dont believe in throwing in the towel, but ( i also own a fiat s10) looking at the damage to your car , suggest write it off and get the insured sum buy another car. ( please dnt use your heart on this).
Old 29th October 2009, 21:32   #65
BHPian

Oooch this hurts...raghav..sympathies
Owning a Siena 1.6 ELX which has done 60k kms with fantastic reliability...my heart would break if such a thing happens !
Old 29th October 2009, 21:50   #66
Senior - BHPian

Raghav, really hurts to see your Adventure in this state, hope it gets back soon!

I was told in Concorde most of the parts can be procured easliy, that is within couple of weeks max. My cars rear view mirror was damaged and within 4days they got it, this is because thay had to ship this part from Pune.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:14   #67
BHPian

Its 3 months now.
still waiting for the front sturctural parts.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:38   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Yaaa i remember once i was in a village in Bhiwani, and a guy asked me where can he get the headlight for his palio.
His palio was half blind since 6-7 months.
Dude, that is kind of an exaggeration, is it not? The man needed bulbs? H1/ H4 are easily available OTC at most shops. If he needed the whole headlight assy too, it is easily available, is it not?
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:41   #69
Senior - BHPian

I agree here, atleast in Bangalore it was very much available.

They had stock of headlights and also the bullbar lights"Hella" was in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Dude, that is kind of an exaggeration, is it not? The man needed bulbs? H1/ H4 are easily available OTC at most shops. If he needed the whole headlight assy too, it is easily available, is it not?
I think i saw a post on "Baleno" crash where the repar was taking a long time, when its about "crash" sourcing parts might be a challenge to most of the cars.

Raghav am sure your patience is tested now, if you think the car can be got back to good shape then te wait justifies it.

Last edited by lohithrao : 3rd November 2009 at 10:46.
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:19   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
He needed the whole assembly and Yeah its available in delhi and gurgaon for sure.
Maybe not in bhiwani.
I am not exaggerating, i told you what happened.
But a normal village consumer isn't that much aware of, where to go. Before this incident, i was myself looking for the motorised headlight assembly. Which is long back stoped being manufactured by Fiat, What we get now is manual ones. And my original headlight was motorised, which was to be replaced under warranty due to moisture geting inside it.
A normal village consumer, maynot be even knowing, whats the difference between them.
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:32   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
@raghav : I generally dont believe in throwing in the towel, but ( i also own a fiat s10) looking at the damage to your car , suggest write it off and get the insured sum buy another car. ( please dnt use your heart on this).

I have nothing else to say. I am sorry, but I think its time to pull the plug....
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:37   #72
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Even after the repair , how sure are you that it will be 100 % fit mechanically , electrically and stability . One or the other parts might go for toss and again you might keep running around for parts and pieces . Think what karizma_devil has said again .
Old 3rd November 2009, 22:33   #73
Senior - BHPian

What is the logic in the insurance company giving you very less. Shoudnt they pay you based on the IDV?
Old 3rd November 2009, 23:09   #74
Senior - BHPian

Unless the Surveyor certifies that the vehicle is a total loss,the insurance company will insist that you get the car repaired. If they write off a car as a total loss, then they can only dispose it off as scrap, AFAIK.

The Surveyor has to be convinced that the car cannot be repaired, or that the cost of repair of the car is much more than the IDV, and the IDV is not lesser than the scrap value of the vehicle. I think that is the system, although an expert would know better.
Old 4th November 2009, 22:32   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
What is the logic in the insurance company giving you very less. Shoudnt they pay you based on the IDV?
There are two ways here.
One is total loss, or write off,
this is when, the repair cost is more then the IDV of the car. Here the insurance company pays you IDV amount, and they take away the car.
This was not a case with my car, as it was repairable.

Second is cash loss, here if the repair cost is less then the IDV, then the insurance company after calculating there share of payment, fives you that amount, finishes the Insurance policy, and leave the car to you, uninsured. For this only insurance company agreed for giving me ver ver leass amount.

Now the issue is I am stuck. The repairs have started, parts have arrived.
So now neither can i dump the car, and Fiat is not allowing me to take the car either(due to spares unavailbility).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks