Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 14:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Its all a big bunch of bull, the reliance, shell and essar dont come under the administrative pricing and subsidy so they workout little expensive, due to this fact they dont sell in huge numbers like our PSU operated oil companies. Its more of a rumer that their petrol is better, may be a selling strategy, i have filled from shell but other than some really helpful customer service they are nothing else, known the reliance history i will not be surprised if i see adultrated petrol with things like naptha. There is a strong belief in kerala, fill your vehicle from where auto guys fill up and you would get the best of the fuel. Again No comments

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 17th June 2010 at 14:17.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:22   #17
BHPian

Is Reliance still selling petrol?
There pumps were closed loooong time back, I guess?
Old 17th June 2010, 14:25   #18
BHPian

I was also surprised at the fact that people saying Reliance giving more mileage. But from my experience, I felt a considerable increase in mileage on my bike with Reliance petrol. No performance difference was noticed. The difference was remarkable and that too from 62 kpl to 70 kpl. But my car gave no difference with fuel from same Reliance outlet. Initially I was on the thought that the precise quantity is what making the difference, but what happened when I filled it in the car ? Is it something like it acts good on old carb engines, I know its hard to reason.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

I think Reliance pumps have more accurate meters.I remember seeing a TV program where this channel had done a survey across all the petrol pumps in Bangalore .All these petrol pumps gave different amounts of fuel than what the meter was showing.

Dont quite understand the logic ,but it seems this is the reason that bikes and cars have separate queue's at gas stations.

So ,the only way to be sure of "more accurate" numbers is to do a full tank everytime .
Old 17th June 2010, 14:35   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
^^Hey no problems man! I'll see if I can get hold of Parag.
Have PM'd you the necessary Info Pervez!
Old 17th June 2010, 19:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Have PM'd you the necessary Info Pervez!
Got it! Thanks a lot bro! You should share the same in the Mumbai - BLR thread. Very useful info.
Old 17th June 2010, 20:20   #22
BHPian

But still, is it the additives or the fuel quality at work giving more mileage???
Old 17th June 2010, 20:32   #23
BHPian

On my recent trip to Munnar, our cab driver preferred Reliance outlet.

'Saar, it gives better mileage'
Old 18th June 2010, 14:18   #24
BHPian

Well I always fill my tank in IBP, because its close to my house, however i had experienced slightly increase when filling at HP stations but the worst would be Indian oil, specially indiranagar (Bangalore) pump, i dont understand why but my mileage shows approx 30-40% less.

My question is, if we put adultered fuels will it damage the engine or some other components in the car and can we test if it fuel is adultered ?

Anyway its too difficult to always stick to reputed pumps since most of us dont plan for filling fuel and just put fuel wherever we see a pump, isnt it
Old 20th June 2010, 14:59   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
Well I always fill my tank in IBP, because its close to my house, however i had experienced slightly increase when filling at HP stations but the worst would be Indian oil, specially indiranagar (Bangalore) pump, i dont understand why but my mileage shows approx 30-40% less.

My question is, if we put adultered fuels will it damage the engine or some other components in the car and can we test if it fuel is adultered ?

Anyway its too difficult to always stick to reputed pumps since most of us dont plan for filling fuel and just put fuel wherever we see a pump, isnt it
bad fuel can damage your engine and other components. anyway i filled up again from reliance and this time i noted that theres an increase in mileage
Old 20th June 2010, 15:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Is Reliance still selling petrol?
There pumps were closed loooong time back, I guess?
Below is the answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Yes they are, saw numerous bunks when I did Bangalore-Shirdi a week agok. Reliance outnumbers Shell outlet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
anyway i filled up again from reliance and this time i noted that theres an increase in mileage
Well, good for you. You should try shell next time. I'm sure you will not be dissapointed.
Old 20th June 2010, 16:26   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
I think Reliance pumps have more accurate meters.I remember seeing a TV program where this channel had done a survey across all the petrol pumps in Bangalore .All these petrol pumps gave different amounts of fuel than what the meter was showing.
I feel that the TV show was properly compensated by Reliance and no wonder their pumps were most accurate.

I tried Shell for a number of tank-fulls but reverted back to IOC after realising that even though the mileage did not go up, the fuel bill certainly did ...
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2010, 16:50   #28
BHPian

Agree with many of the replies.
Its not reliance or shell's extra quality which gives more mileage.Its lesser corruption and adulteration in their supply channel.

Fill any high octane petrols by our PSUs.It'll be less adulterated.

Reliance is slowly re-opening their closed pumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I feel that the TV show was properly compensated by Reliance and no wonder their pumps were most accurate.

I tried Shell for a number of tank-fulls but reverted back to IOC after realising that even though the mileage did not go up, the fuel bill certainly did ...
Thats correct.Nowadays all TV programs are sponsored/biased.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2010 at 12:45. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
mykal shoemaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2010, 11:57   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Didn't have the slightest clue about these supposed mileage claims. That said, whenever I'm on a highway, I always prefer to fill up from a Reliance pump. Used them extensively on the Bombay - Panchgani & Bombay - Goa routes. Never had an adulterated fuel problem till date.
Old 21st June 2010, 13:42   #30
BHPian

The Only Adavantage Shell and reliance have over Psu Pumps is that they have no Known history of Adulteration and are a boon On highways where Fuel quality Is suspect, Other than that All the talk of better mileage and better fuel is MOre Of Hearsay than anything else fuel if its not tampered with is the same as sold at any pump, as long as the fuel is pure there is no difference between Reliance shell or Oil Psu Pumps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks