Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2017, 15:06   #61
BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I read somewhere that RIL is taking on the Sarkari OMCs in pricing, ie undercutting them. Any experience(s). For me the nearest RIL outlet is over 10km on the highway, so I cannot check out easily.
During my recent travel from Bangalore to Mumbai and also while travelling within Maharashtra, I have seen banners outside many Reliance pumps advertising diesel being sold 1 Rs/Lt less than the market rate.
Old 6th January 2017, 16:09   #62
BHPian

Quote:
I read somewhere that RIL is taking on the Sarkari OMCs in pricing, ie undercutting them.
Yes, this has been reported in ET Energyworld

Quote:
Filling stations run by Reliance Industries have begun offering diesel to customers at 1 discount to the price offered by pumps run by state companies such as Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum.

"That (Reliance's price discount) could have happened because of the incentive scheme provided by the PSUs," Indian Oil Chairman B Ashok said. "Market-to-market, we would respond, if it is going to induce a fresh set of competitive pressure. Each market has its own tendencies, so we will respond accordingly."
Old 6th January 2017, 17:05   #63
BHPian

Quote:
I read somewhere that RIL is taking on the Sarkari OMCs in pricing, ie undercutting them. Any experience(s). For me the nearest RIL outlet is over 10km on the highway, so I cannot check out easily.
I have filled up twice in last ten days in two different states and both the pumps were claiming to sell at 1 Rs below market price. Unfortunately i don't know the market price in these states so can't confirm but the very fact that they have displayed banners saying so, it must be true.
Moreover i have always felt that there fuel quality is better than PSU bunks. Hence whenever i get an opportunity i fill up from reliance pumps.
I would also like to add that the discount is only on diesel and not on petrol and there is no discount for e payment.
Old 6th January 2017, 18:53   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
I have filled up twice in last ten days in two different states and both the pumps were claiming to sell at 1 Rs below market price. Unfortunately i don't know the market price in these states so can't confirm but the very fact that they have displayed banners saying so, it must be true.
Moreover i have always felt that there fuel quality is better than PSU bunks. Hence whenever i get an opportunity i fill up from reliance pumps.
I would also like to add that the discount is only on diesel and not on petrol and there is no discount for e payment.
Ditto here. always found RIL Petrol better in both performance as well as quantity. Gave me at least 5-7% better economy and a smoother engine. Going to Lucknow RIL at Ajgain was my regular haunt. The cafeteria and toilets were also good.
Old 6th January 2017, 23:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

RIL bunks are undercutting PSU is true. There is a Reliance bunk near my home and diesel is Rs. 1.18 cheaper than HPCL nearby. Verified.

When I filled up diesel at Reliance bunk last week, I also received SMS for 0.75% discount as well. Will check once I receive my credit card statement. Even I was surprised as 0.75% discount is offered by PSU.

I also found Reliance petrol for my Activa and diesel for my Vento to be of better quality leading to higher mileage, easier start (Activa) and lesser vibrations (TDI cold start).
Old 8th January 2017, 10:00   #66
BHPian

Reliance has indeed started aggressively promoting its diesel being cheaper than market rate by Rs. 1 per ltr. I have found that RIL petrol gives same performance as premium fuel from IOC / BP. In that case there is considerable saving as price difference between say xtra premium and RIL petrol comes out to be Rs. 3-4 per ltr.
Old 8th January 2017, 10:37   #67
BANNED

Re: Advantages of filling up from a Reliance Pump?

I heard one thing. When Pollution norms started coming in, some carmakers were exclusively using Reliance Diesel to pass the tests. I hear the 'quasi' sarkari carmaker was also in this list. So obviously RIL Diesel was somewhat less polluting.
Old 9th January 2017, 18:49   #68
BHPian

I was just reading thorugh the articles here and have a small doubt in my mind. The petrol or diesel that these reliance outlet sells in cities like mumbai , navi mumbai or pune, are they really from the Reliance refinery. Since they dont have much working outlets here, does it really make sense in transporting the product from Jamnagar.
As a alternative they might outsource it from a IOC/HPCL bunker. It will be much cheaper to do it.
Old 27th June 2017, 16:05   #69
BHPian

Are there any Reliance petrol pumps in South Bangalore? I couldn't locate anything in google maps, but just 2 in entire Bangalore . Even my suburban district in Kerala has more Reliance petrol pumps.

I'm living in JP Nagar and I always fillup from HP in ORR. But I feel that the fuel efficiency is not that great after I started using fuel from here. Most other petrol pumps in this area have bad reputation, except the Shell one which is small and crowded. So, I was thinking of trying out Reliance for a change, but couldn't locate any.

What about Bharat Petroleum? Are they considered better than Reliance and IOC/HP?
Old 27th June 2017, 17:44   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
What about Bharat Petroleum? Are they considered better than Reliance and IOC/HP?
I believe that in Bengaluru all the Petrol/Diesel Retail Outlets get their stock from Devanagonthi Terminal. The three main PSU's - IOC, HPC & BPC have terminals there. The feed stock for all these terminals come from Mangalore Refinery, being the closest. Therefore there should not be any difference in the fuel available in the city with these three Oil Companies.

It makes logical sense for Reliance, Shell & Essar to also take their supplies from either of the three PSU terminals and I am reasonably sure that there is no further processing... A simple exercise of loading the tank lorry at Devanagonthi and unloading at their respective Retail Outlets.

I may be wrong here, but I believe it is the same fuel but we are paying higher/lower for the experience &/or brand.
pariwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 20:21   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariwar View Post
It makes logical sense for Reliance, Shell & Essar to also take their supplies from either of the three PSU terminals and I am reasonably sure that there is no further processing...

I may be wrong here, but I believe it is the same fuel but we are paying higher/lower for the experience &/or brand.
I believe that's not true. People are consistently reporting better performance and fuel efficiency with Shell. Many people reported the same for Reliance also in this thread, though it's not in Bangalore.

So, there has to be some actual difference. It cannot be just psychological.
Old 8th September 2017, 15:47   #72
BHPian

I have now filled diesel from Reliance fuel stations about six times in the last six months and can confidently say that the engine feels much smoother and there is a marginal increase in the fuel economy.

Unfortunately I could only find three Reliance outlets in Bangalore after all the search.

And yes, to fellow BHPians, just go for Reliance wherever you find it and tank it up whenever you can .
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 16:06   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post

Unfortunately I could only find three Reliance outlets in Bangalore after all the search.
May I know the location of these fuel outlets? I haven't seen anyone yet in Bangalore. Have filled outside Bangalore and they are indeed good.
Old 8th September 2017, 20:10   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
May I know the location of these fuel outlets? I haven't seen anyone yet in Bangalore. Have filled outside Bangalore and they are indeed good.
1. On the outer ring road just before the Goraguntepalya signal on the left side of the road when coming from Magadi road.
2. On Magadi road in Sunkadakatte somewhere after Kamakshipalya going towards outer ring road (never been to this place, so I am not 100% sure of its location).
3. On the BIAL road towards the airport about three kilometres before the ITC factory.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 15:09   #75
BHPian

After going through this thread, filled up my 11yr old Unicorn from Reliance and the spike in mileage is worth to mention.
All these while used to get 45+ in City, 50+ in highway. But now it is 60+ from Highway.

Time to fill up my City from Reliance and check how he reacts.

Hope this is not due to the special additives in their petrol like Super and Power which boosted the mileage but later degraded the engine.
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks