Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2017, 19:07   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advantages of filling up from a Reliance Pump?

I usually stick to reliance if I have to refill during my BLR-KL-BLR runs mainly due to:

1.Have a feeling that they will not rip me off or sell adulterated fuel - biggest worry of choosing a pump during highway drives.
2.Spacious pumps with hardly any rush - ideal for taking butt breaks
3.Good restrooms - for the bio breaks

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 19:32   #77
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I fill up from a reliance petrol pump during all my outstation trips(except towards mumbai) from Pune. Advantages-

1. They are located at proper city exists from pune. Be it towards Ahmednagar/ Nashik or Kolhapur. So it's easy as I tank up and hit the highway.

2. They are never crowded and even if there is a queue, It's well managed.

3. I have found them the cheapest in that particular area most of the times.

4. Washrooms are clean and the pumps are safe.

5. Their billing system is fantastic. I have never found any foul play.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:00   #78
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, I filled up at the Reliance pump at near Shoolagiri (Tamil Nadu) and the price was Rs 74.96. PSU pump was 73.XX. Is Reliance costlier than PSU in Tamil Nadu?
Old 26th January 2018, 12:18   #79
BHPian

I consecutively did 3 diesel top ups from Reliance pump located near Alipur, NH1, Delhi. I felt smoothness in the engine but the fuel economy was compromised. My tiago diesel gives approx 22-25kmpl on normal diesel in NCR, but with this fuel the FE dropped to 17-18 kmpl. Same was the case when I did 3 top ups of Speed diesel on BP bunk, moolchand-chirag delhi stetch just for smoothness and cleaner drive, but it costs me more on FE and price.

How many of you observed this issue or its just me and Tiago, because what I experienced is completely opposite of what I read here.

Last edited by OneToughRider : 26th January 2018 at 12:19. Reason: Typo
OneToughRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 12:42   #80
Senior - BHPian

I always prefer Reliance Fuel Pumps for routine tank ups. These are some of the reasons.

1. Quality and quantity are always up to the marks.
2. These pumps are well-managed.
3. They regularly come up with different schemes like Rs.1/- discount on diesel.
4. Clean toilets and RO purified water.
5. CC/debit card swipe machines are always in working conditions.
6. Free wiping of windshield glasses.
7. Dad and two more uncles were Reliance employees.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 19:55   #81
BHPian

Guys,

I am driving down to Mysore next week. Are there any Reliance bunks on the Bangalore-Mysore highway?
Old 26th April 2018, 20:15   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Guys,

I am driving down to Mysore next week. Are there any Reliance bunks on the Bangalore-Mysore highway?
Short answer: yes, there are a few.

Ramanagara, Channapatna etc. The exact number, I don't have.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 20:58   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Guys,

Yes, there are 4 Reliance bunks in this route.

1. Ramanagara
2. Channapatna
3. Maddur
4. Mandya

I filled today at Ramanagara .

Reliance bunks can be located in this link.
https://www.reliancepetroleum.com/1133

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 26th April 2018 at 21:06.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 11:53   #84
BHPian

My eyes keep searching for Reliance and Shell pumps whenever I am on highway. Even if I have to fill just quarter tank, I would never mind to stop at the Reliance / Shell pump.

Unfortunately here in Hyderabad there are only three Reliance bunks and Shell has been banished from operating within Hyderabad city due to their gaffe.

Reliance petrol experience has been the best so far after Shell. During highway runs, there was drastic change in smoothness of engine and mileage was ~+2 kmpl when compared to IOC and BP.

For my Chennai trips, I usually do tank full at IOC, and exactly at half tank I reach the Miryalguda and then the next stop will be at Venkatachelam. Two full tanks for ~700 kms door to door with quarter tank to spare.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 12:16   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Unfortunately here in Hyderabad there are only three Reliance bunks and Shell has been banished from operating within Hyderabad city due to their gaffe.
I have never tried Reliance. Used to use the Shell pump at Raidurgam, until it closed. Can you please list down the places where Reliance operates in Hyd?
Old 27th April 2018, 21:06   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I have never tried Reliance. Used to use the Shell pump at Raidurgam, until it closed. Can you please list down the places where Reliance operates in Hyd?
Which part of Hyderabad are you in Shifu ?

Since you mentioned Raidurgam, the nearest would be Patancheru after BHEL gate.

One more in Balanagar & other at Kothapet.

If you are working in & around Gachibowli, check out Essar opposite to Holiday Inn Express suites. Better quality of fuel when compared to anybody else in that location.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 18:46   #87
BHPian

I recently went to refuel my car at a Reliance pump at Moga Road, Kotkapura, Punjab, I was asked what would be my mode of payment, i told the attendant that it would be by card. I was told to show him the card first, when i asked him the reason, i was told that he needs to punch the card in another machine, which was fitted near the fuel dispenser, while the payment would be made by a normal handheld swipe machine. When i asked the purpose of that extra machine, the attendent told that the card details are saved in the company record, and this extra swipe is made compulsory by Reliance. I refused to swipe my card in that extra machine, the attendant told me that he would not be able to sell me the fuel without that extra swipe. I just went to a nearby public sector petrol pump, and got my car’s tank full, without any such drama, and made payment by card. I am curious that why do they want my card details in their record? It sounds fishy, I just want to ask fellow team bhpians, about their experience regarding this issue, and what that extra machine is, it looks like an electricity supply meter, with an ATM like card slot, a small alpha numeric lcd display, and qwerty keyboard buttons. Forgot to click the picture.
gsratta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 00:45   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
I recently went to refuel my car at a Reliance pump at Moga Road, Kotkapura, Punjab, I was asked what would be my mode of payment, i told the attendant that it would be by card. I was told to show him the card first, when i asked him the reason, i was told that he needs to punch the card in another machine, which was fitted near the fuel dispenser, while the payment would be made by a normal handheld swipe machine.
The above is true.

Reliance bunk is just a few meters from my home and they do have to punch in card in machine and then start filling.

I don't think it stores card details. Filling up from Reliance bunk for more than 3 years, no issues whatsoever.

Correct Quantity, quality and usually vacant.
Old 17th April 2019, 06:22   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
. When i asked the purpose of that extra machine, the attendent told that the card details are saved in the company record, and this extra swipe is made compulsory by Reliance.
@gsratta, can you register this in their complaint book ?

It has been quite some time since I filled at a Reliance bunk, mainly because we dont have any in our area. Hence I am not able to say if the same is practiced here. Reliance should not be making this mandatory, but they should officially communicate (may be a letter / notice available at the dealer) about the reason for this.
Old 17th April 2019, 06:27   #90
BANNED

I always tank up on Reliance esp on the Kanpur-Lucknow run. We unfortunately have no RIL outlets in Kanpur (or at least within reasonable distance).

You are assured of the Quality and quantity of fuel. In fact as a rule if I cannot find RIL then I look for Essar or some other privateer. Their fuel definitely gives me a smoother running engine. Shell does not exist in this part of the world.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks