Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2006, 22:19   #121
BANNED

Congratulations!

This is great news, Karthik ... Wishing you a hassle-free ownership experience in the future.
Old 30th January 2006, 23:05   #122
Senior - BHPian

Great news Karthik. Needless to say you deserve answers to a lot of questions. So dont spare the workshop and ask for details of everything!
Old 3rd February 2006, 18:40   #123
BHPian

Great news

Atlast You got it !!
Never Pay a single paise to those stupids.
Old 6th February 2006, 12:28   #124
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Karthik

I do hope that your cars problems have got sorted out, but I doubt the authencity of your recent statements.

1. You quoted on the 28th of January that you cant do anything but wait until the 2nd of February.

Quote:
Now i called up the HQ in Kerala which is in Cochin and they asked me to get the car there or wait till 2nd Feb so that the manager will come to TVM and run a check up.
Quote:
Now the last thing m gonna do is wait till 2nd Feb and see what goes on...
However, on the 30th of January, there is a "miraculous" report where you pass a generic "All is fine" post. Your driver went with the car and sorted out problems that you were unable to in 3 weeks. In addition, you dont know the bill amount, what parts were changed and if they were in warranty or not. I know that dealerships are not so liberal with their credit policies.

Again, I do hope that your problems have genuinely got sorted out but I do smell something fishy.

GTO
Old 6th February 2006, 13:03   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Anyway But the thing was that the turbo was only kickin in late at arnd 2000rpm and thats causing the lack of power in lower rpm's. He said that a 'map' or sumtin which controlled the turbo's timing might have to be replaced and can cost a bit too much. So he called the Skoda manager (Cochin) and talked to him abt the problem and the guys here not being able to fix it. So hopefully i'll be taking the car along with him to the Skoda workshop today and get the whole thing figured out under warranty.
Kartik,

according to what i know - the turbo kicks in at around 1900~2000 RPM , so thats pretty fine ! And even more starnge that the Skoda Manager dint know this nor your friend ?
Old 6th February 2006, 15:06   #126
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I do hope that your cars problems have got sorted out, but I doubt the authencity of your recent statements.
In addition, you dont know the bill amount, what parts were changed and if they were in warranty or not.

I do smell something fishy.
Have you considered the fact that he's underage? And that maybe he's just posting what others tell him about "his" car?
Old 6th February 2006, 16:34   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Karthik

1. You quoted on the 28th of January that you cant do anything but wait until the 2nd of February.

However, on the 30th of January, there is a "miraculous" report where you pass a generic "All is fine" post. Your driver went with the car and sorted out problems that you were unable to in 3 weeks. In addition, you dont know the bill amount, what parts were changed and if they were in warranty or not. I know that dealerships are not so liberal with their credit policies.

Again, I do hope that your problems have genuinely got sorted out but I do smell something fishy.

GTO
They asked me to get the car over so that they could check it maybe bcuz they didn't want the senior people at Cochin to get involved. They said the coding in the ECU was wrong and that problem was corrected...

N_C - The turbo in the Octavia 1.9TDi is supposed to kick in at ~1300rpm.

Hrag...I might be underage, but atleast i do know a thing or two about all this car stuff and can know if there is some prob with the car i drive and not just blindly go arnd sayin what others tell me..

Last edited by karthik247 : 6th February 2006 at 16:37.
Old 21st July 2006, 13:43   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Well, i think i'll just wait till 2moro and see and all other probs they'll comd up with. Right now I'm don't think i'll be able to get the car out of there that soon cuz they removed the engine frm the bay and are cleanin it or whatever. They said they did store the adulterated fuel, but i also have know idea where to get it tested and all. Well, for now i'll try to get my car outta there asap and then think abt the rest of the stuff...there's nutin more i could do.
Dude, i can test the fuel for u....or in fact any petrol pump owner can do that. if u want a Professional analysis...i think there is a analysis centre somewhere on keshavadasapuram-ulloor road...not sure though.
Old 21st July 2006, 14:19   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by darshan1
Dude, i can test the fuel for u....or in fact any petrol pump owner can do that. if u want a Professional analysis...i think there is a analysis centre somewhere on keshavadasapuram-ulloor road...not sure though.
Phew late answer!!!....sorrry for posting without reading the entire thread
Old 21st July 2006, 15:11   #130
Senior - BHPian

As everything is sorted now, on request of karthik247 this thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks