Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 22:32   #16
BHPian

Re: 200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I believe I got it done for 3.8K or so almost 3 years back. Please check for the conditions now, I doubt these is a slight change in policies from 3M.
Ok. Thanks for all the info. I will follow it up with my SA and ask him further details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thats a lot of info that would help a i20 guy! Great! Keep us posted.

Nice choice of ICE but where is the mono and damping?

And harness circuit is for the headlamp right?
Coming from you, I take that has a big compliment. Thank you. Yeah. The Harness is for the Headlight.

The mono / Damping and Rear Co-ax were all in my second upgrade list. But the HU spoilt all my plans. My budget for the HU was only 10k but ended up spending a lot more

Infact, I wanted to get the damping done in initial setup only. But these guys did not have either the Extreme Dynamite or the Wruth damping material. They had the Road kill damping sheets which i was not too keen on. I don't hear much of jarring too, Will it still be advisable to get the damping done ?
Old 15th June 2011, 13:06   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
They had the Road kill damping sheets which i was not too keen on. I don't hear much of jarring too, Will it still be advisable to get the damping done ?
Hyundai's build quality is really good. So there is very little damping to be done. But its still better to have the damping done. I have read that Road kill is a VFM product. So why are you not so keen on it? I guess we have a thread on damping material, should be a good read.
Old 15th June 2011, 16:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai's build quality is really good. So there is very little damping to be done. But its still better to have the damping done. I have read that Road kill is a VFM product. So why are you not so keen on it? I guess we have a thread on damping material, should be a good read.
Yeah. Just went through the Damping thread. I see that Road kill as you said is good VFM. I had not heard of it back then, But since they say Dynamat Xtreme is still the best available and its available in Car shringar Bangalore, I might go and get it done in sometime. I know i should not be asking you here, but will the car shringar people do the damping themselves or do i need to get it done somehwhere else ? Any person you know who does a decent job. I think ill screw it up if i do a DIY Thank you.
Old 15th June 2011, 20:49   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
they say Dynamat Xtreme is still the best available and its available in Car shringar Bangalore, I might go and get it done in sometime. I know i should not be asking you here, but will the car shringar people do the damping themselves or do i need to get it done somehwhere else ?
Dynamat is the BEST and that will reflect in the price too. And what a frequency match, even if you hadn't asked me, I would have still replied on Car Shringar part. Please do check with couple of more shops before you finalize the deal. You got the ICE installation done at Autofusion I guess? They should be good in the job, in fact I prefer Anwar over Thouqeer as Anwar is the Audio guy there. But expect a premium charge for a HIGH quality work.

Couple of shops where I found the accessories prices to be nice & sweet : 1. Sachin's Autoshop & 2. Glamour car accessories, near HDFC bank, Koramangala.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th June 2011 at 20:51.
Old 15th June 2011, 22:42   #20
BHPian

Congrats on making such a perfect choice. I dont think any other car comes close to overall value as much as a i20 Diesel Asta. I went through your write up in detail and enjoyed reading every bit of it. Also, you've done it up so tastefully. Keep updating as you add more bits to your car. Cheers.
Old 16th June 2011, 00:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Dynamat is the BEST and that will reflect in the price too. And what a frequency match, even if you hadn't asked me, I would have still replied on Car Shringar part. ..
Couple of shops where I found the accessories prices to be nice & sweet : 1. Sachin's Autoshop & 2. Glamour car accessories, near HDFC bank, Koramangala.
Hmm. I had visited Sachin's Autoshop and got a complete Quotation before i got the ICE, The prices i got with Thouqueer were much easier on the pocket than what i got in Sachin's Autoshop.

I have not been to Glamour car though. Ill check with Anwar and Thouqeer on the Damping part and see if i can get it done on all 4 doors with Dynamat for a decent price. Thanks again. So underbody coating and damping next in line Btw, i checked if i could fine the Steering control interface's manual, But i could not find it. I'll surely check and let you know when i go and check for the damping thing with Thouqeer or Anwar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Congrats on making such a perfect choice. I dont think any other car comes close to overall value as much as a i20 Diesel Asta. I went through your write up in detail and enjoyed reading every bit of it. Also, you've done it up so tastefully. Keep updating as you add more bits to your car. Cheers.
Thanks a lot. Will surely update it whenever i can.

OT : Just noticed that my first thread on TBHP has made it to the front page of the website. I am truly Humbled.
Old 16th June 2011, 00:47   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The prices i got with Thouqueer were much easier on the pocket than what i got in Sachin's Autoshop.
Are you kidding me?? The rates which Thouqeer / Anwar gives usually shoots thru the roof! I found premium pricing even for equipments they sell.

Quote:
Ill check with Anwar and Thouqeer on the Damping part and see if i can get it done on all 4 doors with Dynamat for a decent price.
I hope you know that Anwar & Thouqueer split and run different shops now. You don't have a sub woofer right? Else it would be good to get the boot too damped. Or else you could check whats the price on eBay and I remember reading some thread where people got it shipped. Not sure of the prices though.

Found this thread with Dynamat prices. You could also check with Satya [bluraven316 or so on the forum] about different brands and prices. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...thread-48.html
Old 16th June 2011, 01:03   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Are you kidding me?? The rates which Thouqeer / Anwar gives usually shoots thru the roof! I found premium pricing even for equipments they sell.

I hope you know that Anwar & Thouqueer split and run different shops now. You don't have a sub woofer right? Else it would be good to get the boot too damped. Or else you could check whats the price on eBay and I remember reading some thread where people got it shipped. Not sure of the prices though.

Found this thread with Dynamat prices. You could also check with Satya [bluraven316 or so on the forum] about different brands and prices. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...thread-48.html
When i wanted to get the HU with the steering interface, The quote i got from Sachin's Autoshop was 28 + 4 + 4 (Player + Interface + Fascia). I got the same thing for 28 + 4 only with thouqeer, Thoqueer said fascia wasn't really needed.

When i called up Sachin's Autoshop and asked for the infinity sub, He gave me a quote of 11.5k. Thouqeer gave a Quote of 10k when i called him up. I don't know if Sachin also would have given it at the same price or lesser if i had gone there and then asked him rather than asking him over the phone.

Yeah. I am aware that they split. Anwar operates from next to JNC and Thouqeer near Kormangala club. I have a Infinity Sub. Hmm, I'll check on ebay for the prices and enquire in car shringar too before committing myself. Thouqeer filled the Boot part up with some material which i don't know, He told it would act as a dampner. Its made the boot door really heavy He also told i can just remove it and get the normal damping sheets done for the boot also when i get it done for the doors. Thanks again for the link
Old 16th June 2011, 02:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
The summaries of figures after 5k Kilometers.

Attachment 559967

Attachment 559968

Hey Kimified,

That’s a nice ride you got, and that too a Diesel! Congrats!

I have been using aCar since some time now. I am putting data for my car, after I shifted to Pune some three months ago, which coincidently matches a lot with what you have put up.

This comparislon of running cost is one sided. For Approx 18000 INR that we spent, Kimifield on his diesel drove around for 5200 odd Kms against my Ritz 3359 kms. Wow!
And now I am just wondering how much is the total difference since I have clocked 28k on my ritz. Pheewww, I should have gone for Diesel

Good choice friend.
Attached Thumbnails
200 days of Living a Dream. My i20 Diesel Asta !-comparison.jpg  

nacd80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 14:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When your neighbor tells you that your eyes have become red on the day your new car is delivered and you give that sheepish smile to him which means “I-was-so-excited-that-i-haven’t-slept-for-the-last-two-days” , When you wait at the service center for 4 hours supervising what is being done to your car but you say ‘You don’t have time’ when your mom asks you to get something from the shop next door. When the only thing on your mind on the 20th of every month is to think about the next gadget going into the car in 10 days time! When some friend of yours says ‘what’s so special about a car man. Its all the same, same 4 wheels and same 4 doors’, you give a strange look which means “Ah-there-you-go. I-found-that-1-in-1000-person”. When you don’t clean your room for weeks together but clean the car for 2 hours every week punctually. Thats when a car is no more a car, Its a part of you ! I hate people who treat cars as just objects, I think the way anyone maintains his/her car tells a lot about the person in general.
Great write up Kimified and congrats on your lovely car. I have always been a fan of i20 looks and interiors. Also I couldn't agree more with you about people treating cars as just objects. Just like shoes/clothes, a car speaks volumes about its owner.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:58   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacd80 View Post
Hey Kimified,

That’s a nice ride you got, and that too a Diesel! Congrats!
This comparislon of running cost is one sided. For Approx 18000 INR that we spent, Kimifield on his diesel drove around for 5200 odd Kms against my Ritz 3359 kms. Wow!
And now I am just wondering how much is the total difference since I have clocked 28k on my ritz. Pheewww, I should have gone for Diesel

Good choice friend.
Thank you. Nice Comparison chart there . I think my car gives the least mileage for all i20 diesel's on the forum. I have seen people claiming a constant 14+ in city and 17+ on highways. Ill never achieve those stunning figures. Even with these figures, the difference seems to be huge. I'll tell you something from which you take consolation from . 28k * 1.5 (3.5 rs/km for my car and close to 5 for your's) = 42k only. I have paid a premium of 1.4 lakh for a diesel car, so a long way to go for breaking even

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Great write up Kimified and congrats on your lovely car. I have always been a fan of i20 looks and interiors. Also I couldn't agree more with you about people treating cars as just objects. Just like shoes/clothes, a car speaks volumes about its owner.
Thanks a lot Yeah. Dead right about the shoes/clothes part.
Old 16th June 2011, 17:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Nice Comparison chart there . I think my car gives the least mileage for all i20 diesel's on the forum. I have seen people claiming a constant 14+ in city and 17+ on highways. Ill never achieve those stunning figures. Even with these figures, the difference seems to be huge. I'll tell you something from which you take consolation from . 28k * 1.5 (3.5 rs/km for my car and close to 5 for your's) = 42k only. I have paid a premium of 1.4 lakh for a diesel car, so a long way to go for breaking even
Thanks Kimified.

I am seriously thinking of upgrading to Diesel now, have two distant options either an i20 Asta or Figo TDCI titanium ...lets see, how things work out.

thanks for the review, hope to see some pics/experience from your Goa trip.
Old 16th June 2011, 21:43   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacd80

Thanks Kimified.

I am seriously thinking of upgrading to Diesel now, have two distant options either an i20 Asta or Figo TDCI titanium ...lets see, how things work out.

thanks for the review, hope to see some pics/experience from your Goa trip.
Both the cars you have listed are good options. All the best. Let us know what you decide on.

Sure. Will put up the travelouges in sometime.
Old 19th June 2011, 13:31   #29
BHPian

So for your upgrades in mind.... have you not yet considered a reverse parking camera or was that something that I missed as already integrated into the display head unit?
Old 19th June 2011, 18:46   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Congrats on your cool acquisition. quite a lot of pics to go with the writeup - always a great thing!
Some better quality pictures would have done justice to the car.
do you think that armrest would fit in an i10?
You seem to have have decked the car up the brim with everything ! Also - whats in a Rs 1300/ wash?
Hey. I just happened to see the pics of an i10 near the handbrake region while i was casually going through some gallery. If there is even a 1cm gap between the handbrake and the walls next to the handbrake (The 2 sides between which the handbrake is situated), I think you can fix the arm rest quite easily.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks