Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:23   #691
BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
The maximum blower speed i have used it 2.
I normally only use 1, and at this speed you can hardly tell the AC is on.
Only using blower 2 at times when it is really hot outside, and that too only when someone is seated at the back. For the front blower 1 is seriously enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
blower speed 1 is definitely not enough for even NCR rainy season (~35 deg). NCR summer is ~45 deg so blower would be 3 if there are 2+ people!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
In Bangalore, a 1 in itself is too much and therefore I had to switch off the AC intermittently. I am yet to test the aircon in a real summer, but last time I hit salem, a setting of 1 with thermos at 2 was just enough for me and my wife all through.
Quote:
Or i have reached for the thermostat and set it warmer so that i do not have to do so.
Also the thermostat works quite well, unlike many other cars i have tried it on. and because it works so well, i really do not miss the ACC
mdsaab,Libran,Sudeep,

Thanks for the inputs friends.

I have found position 2 is required when 2 people are sitting at the back. I had to switch to position 3 once or twice-but the blower got pretty noisy.

While rear bench is occupied,I am keeping the made selector at position 2 ie- more air to rear passengers via under the front seat-is it ok?

Rather than switching off the blower,please adjust the thermostat and control the temperature- is it always possible? I s it as good as ACC then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Its more to do with the English of current generation which lacks quality. Nothing else
I have this bad habit of reading high voltage literature-being translations,and hardly any conversations,the language in many of them is text book like. Hence I have found myself speaking more text book type English too- rather than colloquial. Guess I read more-and speak less.

Quote:
Hope your wife is doing good now, and will accompany you to visit us in Bangalore in May2012.
She has been admitted to a hospital today-for advanced treatment.Hope it will give her permanent results. I am trying to get her totally healthy so that she can accompany me for the various expeditions, too.

Quote:
Yes, let's invite mdsaab and other friends from Pune as well.
Yes, let us plan it out in advance. We will definitely meet. mdsaab,Libran,Sudeep etc. Hope you all agree!
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:40   #692
Team-BHP Support

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
I have found position 2 is required when 2 people are sitting at the back. I had to switch to position 3 once or twice-but the blower got pretty noisy.
Copy that; it is indeed noisy. Though I've never had the occasion of switching on the blower 3 on either ANHC or Corsa (which has an amazingly powerful a/c). Zen's blower 2 sounds like a Jet engine exhaust!

Quote:
While rear bench is occupied,I am keeping the made selector at position 2 ie- more air to rear passengers via under the front seat-is it ok?
But then you'd be compromising the air thru' the upper vents. The excuse for air that comes out of the vents under the passenger vent will not suffice at all. Plus, the won't make the passengers comfortable since the air won't really reach up to the face level.

Quote:
Rather than switching off the blower,please adjust the thermostat and control the temperature- is it always possible? I s it as good as ACC then?
Yes, that is what I have started doing. I keep the Cool level say in between the Cool range so I don't have to keep switching the compressor on and off.

But Charthom, don't ever switch the blower off completely. A/c and then no air could be disastrous as the body will not accustom to the temp. change. At most, turn off the compressor (that is, switch off the A/c button).

Quote:
She has been admitted to a hospital today-for advanced treatment.Hope it will give her permanent results. I am trying to get her totally healthy so that she can accompany me for the various expeditions, too.
Praying for her complete and speedy recovery!

Quote:
Yes, let us plan it out in advance. We will definitely meet. mdsaab,Libran,Sudeep etc. Hope you all agree!
Roger that captain. All you need to do is tell me the time and place

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd August 2011 at 19:42.
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:40   #693
Senior - BHPian

So here I was today. Driving the golden beauty on a very very no wait extremely hot day in Pune today.
We had just started off after parking the car for a good 20 mins. No doubt the car was boiling. Pretty much what we could expect in summer.

My wife and daughter were seated at the back. So they were really feeling the heat more than me.
And for the first time ever I had to use blower 4.
Imagine the irony cause we were just speaking about this yesterday.
And here I was today using the blower on full for the first time ever.
My views...
It's rather noisy at full blower speed.
But it chilled the cabin quickly.
My wife then asked me to reduce it to 3.
And then a minute later we were back to 2.
I told my wife about our discussion yesterday, and we had a good laugh at the fact that I had just mentioned the blower in my post yesterday.

I feel using the thermostat is better than switching off the AC switch. Once you get used to selecting the right temp it works like a charm.
---
thanks for the warm invite, I seriously hope to meet all you wonderful folks in the near future.
Let's hope we work something out.
Drive Safe!

Last edited by mdsaab : 22nd August 2011 at 19:42.
Old 22nd August 2011, 20:35   #694
BHPian

Friends,

Before the Civic-City comparo coaxes the breath out of our lungs- here are the last batch of photos I had taken of the Ut City Beauty.

The venue is my father-in law's house and premises. Being a retired botany Professor,he has grown so many plants etc. I have added a few ones hopefully without running the risk of becoming OT. Hope an overdose of exterior views of the car has not damaged your taste buds-and you can still tolerate a few.

My lady was still nursing the wounds on her gluteus maximus- hence have not attempted RemingtonSteele type rear photos. There is no ducktail anyway.

Here we go!!

Straight in yer face- a front view!

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-confrontationa-front-view.jpg

I am eco-friendly too! Have been wearing the same green shirt throughout!

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-i-am-eco-friendly-too-same-green-t-shirt-always.jpg

The injured lady being soothened on a green bed.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-injured-lady-being-soothened-green-bed.jpg

The girl gets a thorough pho session-to the wife's amusement.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-girl-gets-thorough-photo-sessionto-wifeys-amusement.jpg

Relaxing on the green bed

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-relaxing-green-bed.jpg

Life has thorns to offer too-my love!!

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-life-has-thorns-offer-toomy-girl.jpg

The curry leaves spice up her life!!-Junior and MIL in the background.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-curry-leaves-spice-up-her-life.jpg

Temporarily resting her laurels.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-resting-her-laurels.jpg

Far from the madding crowd

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-my-father-laws-place1.jpg

see the damage is visible!!

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-damage-visible.jpg

The damage is visible from this angle too-more sighs

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-damage-visible-angle-toosigh.jpg

RemingtonSteele,here is 8 o' clock position,no 10 o' clock,no,no-whatever!!

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-remihere-8-o-clock-positionno-10-o-clocknono..whatever.jpg

Another 8 o' clock position.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-another-8-o-clock.jpg

Coconut tree and the beauty!!

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-front-my-wifes-house.jpg

Let's have a quick cup of refrshing coffee,almost ready- only maturing,processing and brewing is left.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-refreshing-cup-coffee-just-maturingprocessing-brewing-away.jpg

A cactus- to remind us of the worth of life.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-cactus.jpg

Don't know the english name-but this herb clots blood with astonishing ability.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dont-know-english-namebut-herb-clots-blood-astonishing-ability.jpg

A yam plant

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-yam-plant.jpg

Serenity-a water lily. Heavily edited,so quality is not good.Serenity compromised..

Name:  serenitya water lily.JPG
Views: 1315
Size:  110.4 KB

More serenity

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-copy-more-serenity.jpg

A multi-faceted shoe flower.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00709.jpg

A feast of crimson

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00832.jpg

Parijatham or Nishagandhi or Rajanigandhi(Malayalam names)- blooms in the night.Shot with a moblie-sorry for the quality.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-nishagandhi.jpg

Another snap of Parijatham

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-nishagandhi-2.jpg

Hope these snaps are agreeable. Please shoot your comments.
charthom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 20:42   #695
cLJ
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

I already had a pair of polarised spectacles,which cut the glare to some degree.I had installed anti-glare film from V-Kool on my wind shield too. A few days back I upgraded my head light bulbs to 100/130. Armoured with all these weapons I ventured out on the high way at night and found the discomfort virtually non-existent!!
Where you did the upgrade of bulbs, is it in Honda showroom or outside and did they use relay for such high wattage bulbs?

I wanted to upgrade the bulb for the same reason and the honda service told me that this will void the warranty. I need to upgrade the headlight bulb badly since the existing bulbs are not enough.

Last edited by cLJ : 22nd August 2011 at 20:46.
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:15   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
In Bangalore, a 1 in itself is too much and therefore I had to switch off the AC intermittently. I am yet to test the aircon in a real summer, but last time I hit salem, a setting of 1 with thermos at 2 was just enough for me and my wife all through.
I second sudeepg. I have hardly used 2 in bangalore. Had to use 2 when I did Tirupati trip with 2 people in the rear as well. I guess 2 is ideal for 4 people drive.
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:18   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

Before the Civic-City comparo coaxes the breath out of our lungs- here are the last batch of photos I had taken of the Ut City Beauty.

The venue is my father-in law's house and premises. Being a retired botany Professor,he has grown so many plants etc.
I have to admit that your FIL has quite a good collection of plants at his premises. I liked the huge curry leaves tree dude. Wish I also had one like that here
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:32   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Kiran, I have not heard the OE HU-replaced with Caska right away. I feel Caska's bass needs enhancing. I had mentioned it in my short review. I feel we may have to install a amp and sub for full effect. Or can it be corrected by changing the settings? I am not sure- not very optimistic.
@Charthom, I got my girl back from 3rd free service this evening and she looks as good as new . While I was waiting in the lounge to take delivery, the assessory manager who installed CASKA last week in my car came to me and asked how was the HU doing. I said the unit is good but I am confused with the quality of audio that is being rendered. He immediately said that the OE speakers cannot match the high end output of CASKA and that I need to upgrade all 4 speakers so that they can receive the high quality audio from CASKA and deliver it back to me .

Now that he has mentioned this, I thought I am gonna get sold one more time and will go for the speaker upgrade. So I asked him whether he stocked the kind of speakers that he was talking about for which he said that they sell Alpine Speakers and that they are too good. They cost approx 7-8K for a total of 4 speakers. The o/P is 280W PMPO and said he would surely show me a demo after which I can decide upon going for it.

It was 7:30 PM and most of the staff had already left so I said I shall give him a call tomorrow and drop at the showroom so that he can demo the stuff for which he has agreed.

Folks, now I need your inputs over here on the Alpine speakers incase if any of you are using it. This would help me evaluate the stuff tomorrow before getting into a deal.

Eagerly awaiting your response to this.

Cheers, Kiran

Last edited by kirantp : 22nd August 2011 at 21:47.
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:48   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLJ View Post
Where you did the upgrade of bulbs, is it in Honda showroom or outside and did they use relay for such high wattage bulbs?
hi cLJ-I did it at Honda itself. No relay-thesev are not HID ones. They said the warranty won't be void for this one-but never really cared. I badly needed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
I have to admit that your FIL has quite a good collection of plants at his premises. I liked the huge curry leaves tree dude. Wish I also had one like that here
Come down -I will pack a nice one for you. My random photos covered only 1% of his collection.

Regarding the speakers-Alpine is one of the biggest names in car stereo and OE to the NHC.

Hence Alpine speakers should be very good-this my impression only. mdsaab may b3e familiar of Alpine is Chicca,hopefully.

The upgrade is interesting news. Please keep us posted.
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:51   #700
BHPian

First things first -sorry to hear your wife suffering again, I wish her a speedy recovery, I hope she finds a permenant cure during the current therapy.

Quote:
My lady was still nursing the wounds on her gluteus maximus- hence have not attempted RemingtonSteele type rear photos. There is no ducktail anyway.

Your shot pics are glorious in its own way with lush green surroundings.

I am eco-friendly too! Have been wearing the same green shirt throughout!
Yes, looks like eco mantra is all around.

The injured lady being soothened on a green bed.

Life has thorns to offer too-my love!!
My dear friend lets not be that serious, just remember Honda Jazz -Why so serious?

RemingtonSteele,here is 8 o' clock position,no 10 o' clock,no,no-whatever!!
Yes indeed 8 o' clock position

A cactus- to remind us of the worth of life.
Again -Honda Jazz- TADA TADA

A yam plant
BTW: whats this yam plant ??

A multi-faceted shoe flower.
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!
Wow man fantastics pics!!
Thank you for posting these refreshing pics

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 22nd August 2011 at 22:10.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:54   #701
Senior - BHPian

Charthom buddy, beautiful snaps. Just loved the plants your FIL has grown.
Given the fuel efficient nature of our ANHC's it goes well with the natural surroundings.
I agree that Cuz's 8'O Clock pics bring out the best of the ANHC.
So what have you thought about the rear bumper? full replacement?
I had my doubts on a fix up job during Chicca's time and hence opted to pay 50% of the cost and replace the whole bumper.

If the Civic has Alpine speakers, then i can definately say that the quality is pretty good.
But then a lot depends on the individual speaker model.
As each brand has a low and high end.
Also for my use, not being an extreme audiophile they serve the purpose really well.
Kiran is yours the V variant?
because the two tweeters up front do make a big difference in the sound quality IMHO

Last edited by mdsaab : 22nd August 2011 at 21:59.
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:58   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the speakers-Alpine is one of the biggest names in car stereo and OE to the NHC.

Hence Alpine speakers should be very good-this my impression only. mdsaab may b3e familiar of Alpine is Chicca,hopefully.

The upgrade is interesting news. Please keep us posted.
Thanks for the super quick response dude. Now that I have 50% votes for Alpine the remaining 50% will depend on the demo tomorrow. Will call him up first thing in the morning and fix up a time slot. Now I can go to bed so that I can get up quickly as something new is waiting for me tomorrow
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:01   #703
BHPian

Quote:
hi cLJ-I did it at Honda itself. No relay-thesev are not HID ones. They said the warranty won't be void for this one-but never really cared. I badly needed it.
As long as the wattage are matching i.e 55W there is no issue with warranty. Just go for the Philips X-treme power(approx Rs.1000) of the matching specs as given in the booklet, and there should not be any problem. I checked with the service centre and they confirmed this.

If you go for high power 100W bulbs then you need additional relay, not recommended as this might void warranty.

Changing the bulbs can be easily done by one self as clearly demonstrated in the Owner's Manual.

The difference in the visibility is remarkable, don't know why they put such pathetic bulbs, both are Philips though but low profile bulbs.

Cheers.
mkpiyengar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:09   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Kiran is yours the V variant?
because the two tweeters up front do make a big difference in the sound quality IMHO
@mdsaab - Yep mine is a V MT. He did show me the alpine speakers but I could not dig into the details of the model# as it was too late today. I will give him a buzz tomorrow morning and get the model information to compare them with the ones that I have in the Alpine catalogue which I downloaded just now (I am preparing myself so that I can go for the best )

Will keep you all posted with the updates.
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:12   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
If you go for high power 100W bulbs then you need additional relay, not recommended as this might void warranty.

The difference in the visibility is remarkable, don't know why they put such pathetic bulbs, both are Philips though but low profile bulbs.

Cheers.
I totally agree with you.
Going in for higher wattage like 100W will require an additional relay which will void warranty, plus you have a huge chance of smoking up your headlamp assembly. This looks awful.

Thanks for your viewpoint on the bulbs. This is one upgrade along with the need for a better horn that i am looking into.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks