Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2011, 12:29   #676
BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

@kirantp

Many thanks for the compliments! Here's the information

1) Contact info of UD.

+919591990864. Ultimate Detailerz <ultimatedetailerz@gmail.com>
Name of contact Mohsin/Nirmal

2) Do they come over to our place or do we have to take the car to theirs?
They have a mobile unit. So if you have the space and facility for power to do in your garage, they will come over to your place and do it for you.

3) What kind of goodies they offer us if we go for AMC?
You might get a discount on the preventive maintenance solutions/compounds you purchase, fibre cloth. Also if you had purchased mats from them, then you'd get a discount on that too!
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 12:47   #677
BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Dear Kirantp,

Firstly please refrain from quoting the complete reply as you did because this will attract MODs wrath; against TBHP rules.

I agree that the lights feel inadequate.

Charthom has upgraded the bulbs only, there has been point and counter point on it, darkening and melting of reflectors due to heat generation were the main causes discussed, however, it also depends on your usage of lights, e.g. If you drive more at night you will expedite the results.

Charthom please Help us with observations.

Thanks!
@Sn1p3r - Thanks for reminding me about the long quoted reply. I am aware of the TBHP rules but somehow got carried away with Sudeepg's very good car detailing post . Will ensure not to repeat this going forward.

Thanks again for your valuable inputs on the Qs that I had put forth. Will speak to SA and get them recorded in the Maintenance History and shall take the 3M paint protection off my wishlist.

Coming to headlights:

70% of my vacation and long drives have been during the day as my family is little skeptical about driving at night. We mostly start off early at 4:30-5AM types with lights on until 6-630 AM. So considering this, I guess the existing lights would do for the time being unless my %age of night drives goes beyond 40% from current 30%. What would you say?
Old 21st August 2011, 12:51   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
@kirantp

Many thanks for the compliments! Here's the information

1) Contact info of UD.

+919591990864. Ultimate Detailerz <ultimatedetailerz@gmail.com>
Name of contact Mohsin/Nirmal
Thanks mate. Have noted them down and shall get in touch with them soon.

2) Do they come over to our place or do we have to take the car to theirs?
They have a mobile unit. So if you have the space and facility for power to do in your garage, they will come over to your place and do it for you.
I have an open garage with no power socket so its better to drive to their place.
3) What kind of goodies they offer us if we go for AMC?
You might get a discount on the preventive maintenance solutions/compounds you purchase, fibre cloth. Also if you had purchased mats from them, then you'd get a discount on that too!

wow thats cool stuff. what kind of preventive maintenance do they provide. Do you have their brochure on that by any chance? If so, it would be great if you can put a screenshot of it over here.
@Sudeepg - Thanks for your quick response. My comments in bold.
Old 21st August 2011, 13:40   #679
BHPian

@kirantp

I don't think they have a brochure of the services offered. I mentioned that it was a bit hard to find them initially and they said they are considering sending out flyers via local news papers themselves.

Preventive maintenance will include performing work that will give you a clean look throughout the year. But there is still some care that you as an owner need to take care of, like ensuring using good cloth or the car is washed properly or dry cleaned with a good cleaning solution. A car that runs a lot will mostly catch dust and will need paint protection more often. This is what they will do with the AMC. I do not have more specifics other than this, but feel free to talk to Mohsin & Nirmal. They are very nice guys and will explain everything in detail.

BTW, if you have an extension cord that can reach into the garage, then that will work too.

Last edited by sudeepg : 21st August 2011 at 13:41. Reason: Adding additional information
Old 21st August 2011, 13:46   #680
BHPian

Guys,

I mistakingly posted some pictures on mdsaab's thread. I am including a link to that page here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2475712
Old 21st August 2011, 17:11   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
@Charthom - I went thru the pages you had mentioned regarding mdsaab FE techniques and am really happy to find that its works amazingly well. You know what, some days I used to get good mileage and on other days the mileage used to reduce drastically in city and I kept wondering was I doing on those days for the mileage to go up. Everything became clear after I read thru the mdsaab technique and it was exactly this technique that I was doing BUT without my knowledge. Now that I have come to know about this tried and tested tecnique, I will ensure to stick to it at all times going forward.

@mdsaab - Hats off to your research and sharing them over here as it definitely helps all of us in the long run. This technique not only helps ANHC users but it will surely benefit other car owners as well since this is more to do with our driving technique rather than the car that we are driving.
Kiran,

His technique has seriously influenced me. I am trying to make it like an instinct rather than trying to act it out deliberately each time. The riding on 3rd gear at 30 km etc are not possible in the traffic I am encountering in the city. But will tr out anyway. Glad that you too are satisfied.

Quote:
Mate, wishing a speedy recovery for your wife. Please keep us all posted on the treatment and her progress.
Thanks Mate. She is ok now-it is a rehab kind of thing that we are going for. I hope for very good results.
Old 21st August 2011, 19:26   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

My car got detailed today by the Ultimate Detailerz (UD) guys and here's the report.

Charthom, see the finish on the wiper blades and plastics now. This is exactly what I wanted to have, which the formular 1 all in one shine did not provide, rather it messed it up. Now it looks brand new!
My,my-awesome job Sudeep.UD guys are really spirited and professional.
Very good job indeed.

I would have liked close up photos of the plastic.

Any idea if they have any tie up at least at Cochin!? Of course my car is very new- hopefully,may not require a detailing job immediately. But of course eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Hey Charthom!

You really seem to have had a good trip. It must have been wonderful to be able to travel, after all the back related issues.

Loved the picture with the coconuts-in-the-making. Nature has it's way of combining colours so well. And you captured it
Poitive,thanks very much,buddy-for the comments. Very nice of you. The trip was really refreshing.-I would like to write a travelogue- but am tight pressed for time,esp since the biwi is moving to hospital again for a rehab program.

But I will manage-with all the encouragements from the loving buddies like you.

Quote:
About the incident - Well, we can crib about it. But another way of looking at it is that if there had to be a totally unskilled and thoughtless driver hitting you, this was about as safe as it could get. Shudder to think of the maniacal drivers we have holding the steering of trucks.
Had the woman injured herself,the scene would have been different. I am thanking God for that.

Quote:
Recently got to know that truck drivers who carry perishable veggies, are given a time frame to reach a destination. And if they do make it within that time frame, they are given big tips (a few grand/trip - close to the salary of a regular home chauffeur). Now, we don't have to think hard to figure out how they would drive.
This is really scary.

Quote:
Mate, you also got very good FE for your trip for and AT!
Kudos to you and mdsaab!
Only to mdsaab- he has taken controlled trouble to restrict himself and come out with really fruitful results rather than blasting outright and enjoying the i-VTEC and AT. As he himself correctly pointed out,it is redlining at least the AT driving techniques.
Quote:
Hope you are training junior about this as well
Junior is only 13. Very enthusiastic-but not yet.You will agree with me- will you like it if a 14-15 year old BHPian publishing a TD of some car? Great talent-may be, but too dangerous and immature.

Quote:
@poitive
Charthom's pictures in the god's own country is awesome. Love the country side and the stunning beauty's pictures. The car's pictures from the country side reminds me of Remingtonsteel's white city pictures. I am sure the UT is also going to be a colour that will turn magical after a detailing. I hope charthom considers this at some time. Just suggesting, not anything more.
Sudeep, thanks for the appreciation- I have in fact done a photo shoot in Remi style-but not from the rear-as the bumper is damaged. Will post soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Though Pune has heated up like crazy. It was real HOT outside yesterday. But we are not complaining as we had some beautiful light in the bargain for the exterior photo shoot of the comparo. Check out the teaser on ANHC Hooked & Booked!
mdsaab- how effective is the City a/c in the heat? What fan position are you maintaining on regular basis. Excuse me,I am rushing towards your thread for the teaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Charthom has upgraded the bulbs only, there has been point and counter point on it, darkening and melting of reflectors due to heat generation were the main causes discussed, however, it also depends on your usage of lights, e.g. If you drive more at night you will expedite the results.

Charthom please Help us with observations.
Since my night drive is very much limited the head lights are not used much. so far no darkening/melting. But the night vision has been fantastic after the upgrade. Has really made me comfortable.

Quote:
Coming to headlights:
70% of my vacation and long drives have been during the day as my family is little skeptical about driving at night. We mostly start off early at 4:30-5AM types with lights on until 6-630 AM. So considering this, I guess the existing lights would do for the time being unless my %age of night drives goes beyond 40% from current 30%. What would you say?
Kiran, I have a serious condition of the eye that has prevented me from driving in the night on the high way( I had posted my first high way night drive after 5 years in the thread).So it was necessary for me to have more light. if you do not require,I suggest don't upgrade.

Quote:
Guys,
I mistakingly posted some pictures on mdsaab's thread. I am including a link to that page here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2475712
It is no mistake at all-Sudeep. Practically these threads have become so congruent that, even I feel that they are my own most of the time.Make yourself comfortable anywhere friend-we are all family. Everyone is reading every thread and post-I daresay!!

Last edited by charthom : 21st August 2011 at 19:32.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 19:35   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@poitive

I completely agree with your thoughts here. From the description of the accident, this is as safe it could have gotten and the city did its job very well here by taking the beat. I had loved the safety features of the car and its well designed crumple zones and impact absorption capacities. Infact this is one of the things I discussed a lot with a colleague who bought his city and the more we discussed, the more I wanted to get the car then.
My recent purchase happened after much more research than I could imagine myself doing. In process realized that the Optra comes with bumpers which can take an impact upto 7miles/hour (or was it km?) without damage (that got verified too!). Does Honda specify any such thing about it's bumpers?

Quote:
Also, its not just the vegetable guys that drive madly on the road. It's also the trucks that carry fish or other perishable items without a airconditioning unit. I am always on the watch out for such guys and I just let them go like I let an ambulance pass. Never take risks with these guys.
Oh yes! Buses and Trucks have a 'right' of way in my driving book (unless I am totally cheesed off, when I can turn into a totally different mindless beast ). Now that we are onto this, the ones one really needs to be careful about are the ones without load. They skid easily. Decelerate very fast on braking (they are built for a lot more weight afterall). Always be very careful when you are behind one.

BTW, the guys mentioned above also supposedly travel with very little sleep, hence may be having slower reflexes.

Edit:
Just noticed Charthom's post above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Poitive,thanks very much,buddy-for the comments. Very nice of you. The trip was really refreshing.-I would like to write a travelogue- but am tight pressed for time,esp since the biwi is moving to hospital again for a rehab program.

But I will manage-with all the encouragements from the loving buddies like you.
All the best for good health to the family, Charthom.

Looking forward to the travelogue, but don't feel pressed. At times, I too feel addicted to Tbhp, but there are more important things in life.

Quote:
Had the woman injured herself,the scene would have been different. I am thanking God for that.
Wanted to mention this, but forgot. That was the best part of the accident. I mean, that there was no human injury and no police case.

Quote:
Junior is only 13. Very enthusiastic-but not yet.You will agree with me- will you like it if a 14-15 year old BHPian publishing a TD of some car? Great talent-may be, but too dangerous and immature.
Oh sure! I didn't mean him driving at all. Just meant to get him in sync with the issues involved while driving. I used to pick up stuff from observing and asking things as a kid and it made the actual learning of driving a breeze. And to make him conscious of 'safe' and 'economical/green' driving.

Quote:
It is no mistake at all-Sudeep. Practically these threads have become so congruent that, even I feel that they are my own most of the time.Make yourself comfortable anywhere friend-we are all family. Everyone is reading every thread and post-I daresay!!
Love the spirit mate. Hope it is spread to all ownership threads across the forum.

Last edited by Poitive : 21st August 2011 at 19:43.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 19:36   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Kiran, I have a serious condition of the eye that has prevented me from driving in the night on the high way( I had posted my first high way night drive after 5 years in the thread).So it was necessary for me to have more light. if you do not require,I suggest don't upgrade.
Thanks buddy for your valuable suggestions. I am sorry to hear about problem with your eye which I was not aware of. Hope its better now. Please take care.
Old 21st August 2011, 22:07   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Does Honda specify any such thing about it's bumpers?
Great to read about Optra. Not for Honda to my knowledge.

Quote:
BTW, the guys mentioned above also supposedly travel with very little sleep, hence may be having slower reflexes.
This is very true.

Quote:
All the best for good health to the family, Charthom.
Thank you dear friend-with so many earnest wishes,I am sure she will definitely recover fully.

Quote:
Looking forward to the travelogue, but don't feel pressed. At times, I too feel addicted to Tbhp, but there are more important things in life.
This addiction is very sweet and positive, hope you will agree Poitive!!

Quote:
Wanted to mention this, but forgot. That was the best part of the accident. I mean, that there was no human injury and no police case.
I forgot to mention-police had arrived the scene. But when they saw a peaceful situation- they just left politely!!

Quote:
Oh sure! I didn't mean him driving at all. Just meant to get him in sync with the issues involved while driving. I used to pick up stuff from observing and asking things as a kid and it made the actual learning of driving a breeze. And to make him conscious of 'safe' and 'economical/green' driving.
Of course,of course- he is the one who demonstrates the AT to others. And has actually taken many snaps which I posted on the vacation. He is planning a video shootout of the car and putting it on Youtube. I will share the link when it is ready.

[quote]Love the spirit mate. Hope it is spread to all ownership threads across the forum.

Always,buddy.

Quote:
Thanks buddy for your valuable suggestions. I am sorry to hear about problem with your eye which I was not aware of. Hope its better now. Please take care.
Thanks for the concern,buddy.

I had suffered infection to the cornea 7 years back. My ability to drive in the night was impaired. I slowly learnt it back and now with anti glare film on the wind shield,a polarised glass and the upgraded head light, I have regained full confidence. Of course I am still using eye drops- and do you know the funny part of it! My eye doctor suffers from a similar condition!!

I still remember a distant night when my wife had to help me cross the road- leading me by hand. From that level of temporary blindness I have recovered almost completely for comfortable, safe night driving!! but I venture out more in the city and avoid highway drive. Have driven only in the last 5 years-that too the new City.It is very confidence inducing.

Edit: Sunrise- just noted your comment above. Thanks for providing the links and info brother- and welcome to the thread.

Last edited by charthom : 21st August 2011 at 22:12.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 23:25   #686
Senior - BHPian

Charthom since we have owned the Golden Beauty.
The maximum blower speed i have used it 2.
I normally only use 1, and at this speed you can hardly tell the AC is on.
Only using blower 2 at times when it is really hot outside, and that too only when someone is seated at the back. For the front blower 1 is seriously enough.
Summer though may be a different ball game, but for that we will have to wait and see.
Old 21st August 2011, 23:51   #687
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
For the front blower 1 is seriously enough.
Summer though may be a different ball game, but for that we will have to wait and see.
Not sure of Pune summer but blower speed 1 is definitely not enough for even NCR rainy season (~35 deg). NCR summer is ~45 deg so blower would be 3 if there are 2+ people!
Old 22nd August 2011, 06:49   #688
BHPian

In Bangalore, a 1 in itself is too much and therefore I had to switch off the AC intermittently. I am yet to test the aircon in a real summer, but last time I hit salem, a setting of 1 with thermos at 2 was just enough for me and my wife all through.
Old 22nd August 2011, 07:08   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In Bangalore, a 1 in itself is too much and therefore I had to switch off the AC intermittently. I am yet to test the aircon in a real summer, but last time I hit salem, a setting of 1 with thermos at 2 was just enough for me and my wife all through.
Oh yes i forgot to mention that. At times we too switch off the AC intermittently as it does get too cold at times. Or i have reached for the thermostat and set it warmer so that i do not have to do so.
Also the thermostat works quite well, unlike many other cars i have tried it on. and because it works so well, i really do not miss the ACC
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:40   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Prabhu-thanks Friend,for the compliments!! But do I write like an old fart I thought I looked older than I actually am!!

Leaving home is always painful-you will never get used to it. In this matter,my age is only about 2- I always remain home sick. I will be gone for about 6 months.
Its more to do with the English of current generation which lacks quality. Nothing else Hope your wife is doing good now, and will accompany you to visit us in Bangalore in May2012. Yes, lets invite mdsaab and other friends from Pune as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks