Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 15:52   #46
BHPian

Re: Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Nice alloys. Gives a classy look to your SX4.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Awesome alloys! The best I've ever seen on the SX4!!! And do they have 10 bolts really??
Thanks mate , it actually has 10 holes for fitting , I guess because they are 100/114.3 pcd alloys so can be fitted on 100pcd cars as well.

The SX4 has 5 bolts per tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
@ Peter - congratulations on the ride. even though a bit late. you've been making good use of the diesel plant 8000k in 3 months. says something about your love for the car.

Plan any ICE?
I have got the border trim from Scosche to replace the stock headunit ... will take some time until I narrow down on a double din unit.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:29   #47
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@Peter

Excellent review and extremely well chosen set of alloys. One of the best looking SX4 i have seen.

Your thread is now prompting me to look at this machine to replace my Fusion. I know you have mentioned about this, but i wanted a more specific answer. How is the power delivery, especially when you are on the highway and want to overtake? I have a friend who owns the ZDi and according to him the car is good for the city, but on the highways one could feel the strain on the engine if pushed.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:30   #48
BHPian

Congrats... The Interiors look quite cool. I Liked the stero cluster which is black and have a chrome outline. Btw does the new SX4 has same gc has the previous one. Hear old one had about 205mm in ZXi version.
Old 19th July 2011, 19:15   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
@Peter

Excellent review and extremely well chosen set of alloys. One of the best looking SX4 i have seen.

Your thread is now prompting me to look at this machine to replace my Fusion. I know you have mentioned about this, but i wanted a more specific answer. How is the power delivery, especially when you are on the highway and want to overtake? I have a friend who owns the ZDi and according to him the car is good for the city, but on the highways one could feel the strain on the engine if pushed.
MAS , Many thanks for your comments on the alloys ,

The Power delivery on the highway is very very good indeed , the vehicle is well planted and overtaking is a breeze , so much so that at least in my opinion it gets addictive at times especially on the NH4

Have never felt a strain as such , have to ensure that the gear changes are done within the proper rpm band and turbo does the rest. Not to mention good diesel is very much essential for optimum performance of the engine/turbo as I personally experienced a drop in turbo in the last 2 tankfulls just to realise that it was adulterated diesel which was the cause, changed the bunk and the power is back.
Old 20th July 2011, 11:01   #50
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
The Power delivery on the highway is very very good indeed , the vehicle is well planted and overtaking is a breeze , so much so that at least in my opinion it gets addictive at times especially on the NH4

good diesel is very much essential for optimum performance of the engine
Thanks Peter. I do a lot of highway driving alone and this feedback is important for me. The other factor in favour of SX4 is the high ground clearance, which would be a boon as the inner roads i travel get battered very soon in the rain.

What is the rpm at which the engine is spinning when you drive at 100 kmph?
Old 21st July 2011, 13:04   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Thanks Peter. I do a lot of highway driving alone and this feedback is important for me. The other factor in favour of SX4 is the high ground clearance, which would be a boon as the inner roads i travel get battered very soon in the rain.

What is the rpm at which the engine is spinning when you drive at 100 kmph?
MAS,

That would be at 2500rpm,

One things for sure that the car touches even speeds of 120/130 without a sweat.
Old 21st July 2011, 13:36   #52
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Peter, 2500 rpm is the same as the Fusion @ 100. MSIL could have easily given a 6 speed gear box for this machine.
Old 7th August 2011, 18:54   #53
BHPian

Am also going for a sx4 Vdi.Were you given any offers or freebies?Can you please give the details of the final bill.Am planning for a reverse sensor and upgraded headlights.
Old 11th August 2011, 01:17   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Am also going for a sx4 Vdi.Were you given any offers or freebies?Can you please give the details of the final bill.Am planning for a reverse sensor and upgraded headlights.
Congrats for deciding on the SX4 DDiS!

If you ask me, the most necessary accessory for that car would be the reverse parking sensors.
The stock headlights are pretty good; unless you want to upgrade to xenons.
Old 11th August 2011, 02:02   #55
BHPian

Congrats peter !
The SX4 looks SXy especially with the chrome treatment and alloys.
Check out the door garnish with white backlit SX4 wordings. Saw it in an accessories shop, on a black SX4 and it looked awesome. Also the car had metallic reflective (windshield also) sunfilm and was a head turner.
Old 11th August 2011, 07:42   #56
BHPian

The car with those alloys looks a very mean looking machine; which brand are the alloys?
Old 11th August 2011, 08:03   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Peter, nice car and great review! I never liked the high rear position on the SX4 nor its drab interiors so never considered it in my buying process last year but had a chance to drive a (petrol) SX4 recently and it blew me away. Yours looks lovely in black with the killer alloys, but do take good care of it- there is a black SX4 in my building that has so many cleaning swirls it makes me cringe everytime I see it.

All the best with your beast and do keep posting!
Old 15th August 2011, 18:13   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanprash View Post
Congrats peter !
The SX4 looks SXy especially with the chrome treatment and alloys.
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
The car with those alloys looks a very mean looking machine; which brand are the alloys?
They are "Stallion Alloys" I purchased from Michelin Tyreplus Navi Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hi Peter, nice car and great review!Yours looks lovely in black with the killer alloys, but do take good care of it- there is a black SX4 in my building that has so many cleaning swirls it makes me cringe everytime I see it.

All the best with your beast and do keep posting!
Thanks Noopster , I know exactly what you mean by those cleaning swirls as they are most noticeable on BLACK
Old 25th August 2011, 14:14   #59
BHPian

Hi Peter,

Saw your car in the office parking and wanted to congratulate you on those awesome alloys. Never seen an SX4 look so good before.

Cheers!!!
Old 26th September 2011, 22:38   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Hi Peter,

Saw your car in the office parking and wanted to congratulate you on those awesome alloys. Never seen an SX4 look so good before.

Cheers!!!
Thanks Kishore for your compliments , much appreciated

Last edited by Peter : 26th September 2011 at 22:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks