Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2011, 12:03   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bringing home the blue teutonic beauty - VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Did you try negotiating with your dealer for a 5K discount for the missing steering grip, chrome inserts etc as one of our other members have mentioned in the test drive thread? Also, did you check if only the steering chrome insert can be bought as accessory? It looks very elegant.
That will be never possible, as the dealer will simply put the blame on VW, which here is actually true. Also for any car, generally there is a caveat that the features shown in the brochure will depend on the manufacturer and can change at any time.
The only place you can bargain for it, is when you book the car. Guys planning to book the Vento, try to make use of this point
Old 15th July 2011, 15:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Congrats & Welcome to VW family. I've got my Vento TDI HL in Black color delivered last month. Surprisingly I share the same Reg. numbers as your's except the last 4 digits: KA 03 MP 1xx1.

I guess its time for a Vento meet! I shall PM you.
Ramsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 16:10   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
That's a looker you have got, congratulations Nileshch. I wish i had opted for this instead of white, however when i enquired about the change of colour, I was discouraged against it stating the crazy waiting periods!

Did you try negotiating with your dealer for a 5K discount for the missing steering grip, chrome inserts etc as one of our other members have mentioned in the test drive thread? Also, did you check if only the steering chrome insert can be bought as accessory? It looks very elegant.

Congratulations on your buy and wishing you a very pleasent ownership experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
That will be never possible, as the dealer will simply put the blame on VW, which here is actually true. Also for any car, generally there is a caveat that the features shown in the brochure will depend on the manufacturer and can change at any time.
The only place you can bargain for it, is when you book the car. Guys planning to book the Vento, try to make use of this point
Thanks Bala. Like Ninjatalli said, there was no point arguing with the dealer as it was VW who was at fault. All cars that came to the dealer were like that. I dropped in a mail to VW India. But no response till now. I don't expect either. However, at the time of booking, one can at least leverage this issue to get a discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats & Welcome to VW family. I've got my Vento TDI HL in Black color delivered last month. Surprisingly I share the same Reg. numbers as your's except the last 4 digits: KA 03 MP 1xx1.

I guess its time for a Vento meet! I shall PM you.
Ramsagar, thanks and congratulations to you too! I'll PM you separately about the meet

Folks,
I got a call from Volkswagen asking about my purchase experience. I gave an honest feedback. Talked about the decent TD experience. Explained about the non-existent communication from the dealer about the delays after I booked the car and the fact that I had to call up every time for the smallest of queries. They would never call back. My delivery was delayed too.
Old 15th July 2011, 16:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

Dude thats the sickest color. I wanted this for my Jetta. Had to settle for the heaven blue. The car looks fantastic.

Enjoy your ride. And make us always drool over this color by adding more pictures.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 17:14   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Here is the breakup:

9.35 ex-showroom
+ 1.5 road tax & registration
+ 0.3 Insurance
- 0.16 corporate discount
= 10.99 OTR.

No, it does not come with Aux/USB. I would have loved to have them and I see that as the only negative point in my priorities. I'll put up a separate post for the driver controls.
Thanks for the break up buddy. It surely helps. As you can see, the road tax in KA sucks. And regarding the USB/Aux, I agree with you. Who in the world writes and uses a case of CDs. Its a 7year back story probably. Do you have an option to fit them separately?

I had another query regarding the color. Is the this blue same as the one listed on the VW site? I felt the color in the site was little lighter.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-color.jpg  

Old 15th July 2011, 17:50   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I felt the color in the site was little lighter.
Common if you go by colors from the website or even the brochure the showroom have you will hate the grey or silver after buying a Jetta only to realise the color on the website and everyother places is totally different from the actual cars.

Also your computer monitor is a big culprit. The color in real is just Awesome.
Old 16th July 2011, 08:24   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Dude thats the sickest color. I wanted this for my Jetta. Had to settle for the heaven blue. The car looks fantastic.

Enjoy your ride. And make us always drool over this color by adding more pictures.
You know what? I went for this colour only after seeing the awesome looking Shadow Blue Jetta. That's when I decided I wanted Blue!

My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-gli_side3.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-p3100016.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-4743997675_3f40076165.jpg

I expect the new 2011 Jetta to be available in this colour too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Thanks for the break up buddy. It surely helps. As you can see, the road tax in KA sucks. And regarding the USB/Aux, I agree with you. Who in the world writes and uses a case of CDs. Its a 7year back story probably. Do you have an option to fit them separately?
For the Aux/USB, the only option is to change the HU. Which I will do once I have some spare cash in hand! Plus no satisfactory options for the HU. I don't like the Pioneer and Kenwood 2DIN HUs with jazzy animated screens. I would prefer a sober touchscreen HU with BT Handsfree, GPS navigation, AUX, USB and iPod compatibility. Witson fits the bill but I have to see and hear it in person before I can decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Also your computer monitor is a big culprit. The color in real is just Awesome.
Yes, the monitor is the culprit. Plus the colours in brochures have never matched for any of the cars that I have checked out. Also, the metallic effect of the shadow blue colour is not evident from the website/brochure. This topic is ripe for some more photos. I shall do the needful!!
Old 17th July 2011, 15:40   #53
BHPian

I always feared it would happen. I kept a watch for it every time. Today I missed and it happened!!

The bonnet was scratched when the car cleaner in my Mumbai building pulled up the wiper by force. In spite of telling my watchman repeatedly!! Today he told another guy to clean all the cars and forgot telling him about the wiper. That joker pulled the wiper by force causing a big scratch!!

Last edited by nileshch : 17th July 2011 at 15:59.
Old 18th July 2011, 06:52   #54
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you just put the wiper in out position everyone you park. Thats what I do with my jetta. Repainting will cost around 5k I guess
Old 18th July 2011, 09:05   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010
Why don't you just put the wiper in out position everyone you park. Thats what I do with my jetta. Repainting will cost around 5k I guess
Yes that is a hard lesson learnt! :( will do next time onwards.
Old 18th July 2011, 11:36   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I always feared it would happen. I kept a watch for it every time. Today I missed and it happened!!

The bonnet was scratched when the car cleaner in my Mumbai building pulled up the wiper by force. In spite of telling my watchman repeatedly!! Today he told another guy to clean all the cars and forgot telling him about the wiper. That joker pulled the wiper by force causing a big scratch!!
Hard luck boss. I know how you feel, few years back my dad's brand new car got a big scratch on the first day itself.

Try sending it back to the showroom if it's not too big a scratch. The showroom guys keep mentioning a lot about the body paint and its durability - do check if they could do some minor improvement without incurring the 5k bill.
Old 18th July 2011, 14:39   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch
Folks,
I got a call from Volkswagen asking about my purchase experience. I gave an honest feedback. Talked about the decent TD experience. Explained about the non-existent communication from the dealer about the delays after I booked the car and the fact that I had to call up every time for the smallest of queries. They would never call back. My delivery was delayed too.
I don't why VW has to do this. They forwarded my feedback to the dealer! The dealer dropped me a mail apologizing about the delays and bad experience after booking. Though, the mail looked pretty standard. I thought, they anyway know how I feel about them, let me add specific reasons for my irritation. Hopefully the dealer takes it positively and improve their response to future customers. I replied to the mail with specific gripes I had with the experience. Also copied the mail to the VW contact I had spoken to earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli
Try sending it back to the showroom if it's not too big a scratch. The showroom guys keep mentioning a lot about the body paint and its durability - do check if they could do some minor improvement without incurring the 5k bill.
Sure Ninjatalli, seems like a good thing to do. Will take it to the workshop once I am back in Bangalore. BTW, ninjas getting 'talli-ed' is a funny thing to imagine!
Old 18th July 2011, 16:07   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Argh...That's a sad news. Sorry to hear that. Perhaps it was an effect of too many BHPians (me included) liking your car and colour a lot! Is it really deep and the paint has chipped away? Is it so severe that a rubbing compound cant fix it? If metal is not exposed, rubbing compound would be worth a try.

I'm myself terrified at the thought of someone washing my beloved car daily with water and a cloth that god knows has how many abrasive particles embedded over days. I can't believe someone else will take good care of my INR 6L car, as much as I would. So I don't wash my car regularly . She generally looks like a rally car. I wash, vacuum & polish her myself thoroughly once after a month or two. IMO it has benefits. Since she isn't too clean, nobody gives her too much attention, neither does anyone dare touch her . Since no cloth is used often, there are 0 swirl marks on the paint even after 9 months of ownership. When I do wash her, she looks as if just out from the assembly line.

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th July 2011 at 16:12. Reason: typo
Old 18th July 2011, 16:26   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Nileshch- sorry about that. Somehow I missed that post.

Reinhard- it's not the cleaner's fault. The Vento's wiper design is absolutely atrocious. At rest position you cannot pull it upto clean the blade undersides. Also, in Mumbai a lot of cleaners use the wiper-up position to indicate that they have done the cleaning for that day: when I park at my parents' these days, the guy just leaves one wiper up!

In fact even my bonnet has a chipped off portion where the cleaner tried to raise the wiper up. I am seriously considering leaving the wipers in "service position" every time I lock the car up for the night. It's a habit that's easily cultivated: after switching of the ignition, pull on the wiper stalk once and it goes to a position halfway up the windshield where it can be cleaned and pulled up without any damage.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 17:02   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Nileshch- sorry about that. Somehow I missed that post.

Reinhard- it's not the cleaner's fault. The Vento's wiper design is absolutely atrocious. At rest position you cannot pull it upto clean the blade undersides. Also, in Mumbai a lot of cleaners use the wiper-up position to indicate that they have done the cleaning for that day: when I park at my parents' these days, the guy just leaves one wiper up!

In fact even my bonnet has a chipped off portion where the cleaner tried to raise the wiper up. I am seriously considering leaving the wipers in "service position" every time I lock the car up for the night. It's a habit that's easily cultivated: after switching of the ignition, pull on the wiper stalk once and it goes to a position halfway up the windshield where it can be cleaned and pulled up without any damage.
Yes yes, I know about the VW wiper service position. That is the case on many other European cars as well. I mentioned about the cleaner off topic. Sorry

We should write to VW to think on the wipers as a cost cutting opportunity. They could save a lot per car by fixing the wipers like on all other cars...Anyway, we don't have too many chances of high speeding. So the wipers' impact on aerodynamic drag would be minimal anywhere they are. There are other aspects that keep the car's speed below optimal...(Like roads for instance...)

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th July 2011 at 17:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks