Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2011, 21:22   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bringing home the blue teutonic beauty - VW Vento TDI Highline

Mr friend , really liked the 'stepped' upgrade approach - I think I will go the same way too . Please standby for pestering phone calls from me in the new year, given that I am a complete novice in matters related to audio stuff

Wish you a safe drive for your Mumbai trip - I am leaving this thursday for a short holiday at Mahabaleshwar , in case you are there after the 28th Dec and you have spare time would love to check out your new additions
Old 20th December 2011, 21:49   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Same here. Loving the bit by bit upgrade methodology - doing the same out here, but I find it so amazing that I have so much more to do learning from you guys

- Speakers upgrades : Nilesh
- Car DIY Detailing : Rohan
- Headlights Upgrade : Gautam
- Tire Upgrades : Sourav / Bala

Nilesh - Will be returning back to Pune this Friday; when's your next trip this side (again! )?
Old 21st December 2011, 00:16   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
About that exterior detailing. I think there is a chap behind Nirmal Lifestyle (LBS Road, Mulund) - in the mall's parking lot. The guy seems to have a good lot of customers around him all the time. Check him out.
Ah, yes, I know this place very well. Had a car wash done once at this place. Will check out the detailing options!

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Mr friend , really liked the 'stepped' upgrade approach - I think I will go the same way too . Please standby for pestering phone calls from me in the new year, given that I am a complete novice in matters related to audio stuff
Sure, anytime! I'll help you with whatever amateur knowledge I have!

Quote:
Wish you a safe drive for your Mumbai trip - I am leaving this thursday for a short holiday at Mahabaleshwar , in case you are there after the 28th Dec and you have spare time would love to check out your new additions
Hey I am already here in Mumbai. Yes, let's see if we can meet! Rohaan, will speak to you before coming to your side of the town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Same here. Loving the bit by bit upgrade methodology - doing the same out here, but I find it so amazing that I have so much more to do learning from you guys

- Speakers upgrades : Nilesh
- Car DIY Detailing : Rohan
- Headlights Upgrade : Gautam
- Tire Upgrades : Sourav / Bala

Nilesh - Will be returning back to Pune this Friday; when's your next trip this side (again! )?
I am no expert in car audio matters, there are others here on TBHP. Although I can say I have a ear for the good, more than a passing interest in consuming & creating music and am not particularly enamored by the glitzy Bose's, Bang & Olufsen's and Nakamichi's.

Next trip...? Well maybe in the next couple of months! I find driving to Mumbai so cost-effective now, I have stopped looking at flights as a viable option and I find 24-hour train journeys too long!

Last edited by nileshch : 21st December 2011 at 00:26.
Old 7th January 2012, 15:28   #199
BHPian

We were planning this for a long time and finally the first Blr Vento meet happened yesterday night! Five guys, four Ventos, one detailed conversation. So @evilshantanu, @blackdiesel, @TopSpeeder (with his friend) & me met at Metro cash & carry on Kanakpura road at about 10:30pm. @prabhuferrari had to drop out at the last minute.

The original plan was to meet up and move towards NICE road but we ended up chatting and doing a photoshoot at Metro itself(it was dark elsewhere and the Metro parking lot was lighted up). We discussed everything -- my new speaker setup, @TopSpeeder & @evilshantanu's car polishing techniques, @blackdiesel's excellent HU from Witson and various good things and niggles of the cars. When we started taking photos, the manager at Metro got anxious and we spent some time explaining him about the innocuous photos. I did end up taking a few shots anyway.

@evilshantanu & me then continued to NICE road and drove towards Hosur road, expecting to stop somewhere for sutta & chai. Unfortunately we couldn't find a place. So we parked near the toll gate and chatted a little more before dispersing.

From left to right -- cars belonging to @evilshantanu, @blackdiesel, @TopSpeeder & @nileshch
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-metro1.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-metro2.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-metro3.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-metro4.jpg

The Shadowfax and The Blue, rendezvousing at the NICE road toll gate.
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-niceroad1.jpg

The Blue at night in all its shining armor
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-niceroad2.jpg

The midnight dew chilling down both the cars!
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-niceroad3.jpg
nileshch is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 16:54   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Wowie! What awesome pics. And what an awesome location for capturing pics of the ladies. Can I have the raw images of the first, second ... heck - give me all of them

Sorry to be a nagger - but why keep the lights on of the cars? Wouldn't it have been better with them off?

Btw was catching a 6.30 a.m. bus for Bombay today - so had asked a friend to drop me off at the bus stop. It was almost pitch dark with hardly a soul around. Couldn't stop ogling at the lady, with the brake lights on and semi-darkness all around, the lady looked so good. And you had 4 of them! Damn!

Edit : @noopster, @mikon - this one's pending since long for the Pune Ventos!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 7th January 2012 at 16:56.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 20:47   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Wowie! What awesome pics. And what an awesome location for capturing pics of the ladies. Can I have the raw images of the first, second ... heck - give me all of them
Haha, Ninja, this is all because of the humble tripod, which I had forgotten during our meet in Mumbai! About the images, sure. Where do I send the ~80 MB of RAW files? Actually, this time I have uploaded high res versions of the photos, just because they turned out so well.

Quote:
Sorry to be a nagger - but why keep the lights on of the cars? Wouldn't it have been better with them off?
I think the city lights add a little bit of life in the photos. Otherwise, it would simply look like photographing parked cars.

Quote:
Btw was catching a 6.30 a.m. bus for Bombay today - so had asked a friend to drop me off at the bus stop. It was almost pitch dark with hardly a soul around. Couldn't stop ogling at the lady, with the brake lights on and semi-darkness all around, the lady looked so good. And you had 4 of them! Damn!
Oh yes, I love the shades of the Blue in low light. Gives a sexy & sophisticated aura to the car!

Last edited by nileshch : 7th January 2012 at 20:52.
Old 8th January 2012, 00:26   #202
Senior - BHPian

@Nilesh.
You guys seem to having a good time. 4 Vento's that looks so good. The 4 & 5 picture are awesome. With the parking lights on it gives a bling to the car. Bad we couldn't have a Mumbai meet when you were in Mumbai recently.

Quote:
Vento's rear tail light are the best and in night it exudes class in black and shadow blue color. Looking forward to meet you up in upcoming Mumbai meet on 15 Jan. Let me know if you need to hitch a ride.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 00:46   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Haha, Ninja, this is all because of the humble tripod, which I had forgotten during our meet in Mumbai! About the images, sure. Where do I send the ~80 MB of RAW files? Actually, this time I have uploaded high res versions of the photos, just because they turned out so well.
Dang! I keep forgetting you have the SLR - nasty sizes of the raw images

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Vento's rear tail light are the best and in night it exudes class in black and shadow blue color. Looking forward to meet you up in upcoming Mumbai meet on 15 Jan. Let me know if you need to hitch a ride.
Sure - will inform by next weekend if I can make it. Seems like the venue choosing process itself might take a few days to finalize! Funny, how come the Konkan beach(es) does not figure out in any of the options!
Old 8th January 2012, 01:20   #204
BHPian

Nilesh,

The 4 winds of love feel and look heavenly-great photo shoot!

Belated happy new year from Turkey. Have not been following your thread very keenly-no regular access to internet.hope you are having great fun still.

The blue colour is still very fresh and cool.

Regards,charthom.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 21:15   #205
BHPian

Lovely photos Nilesh. Unfortunate that I missed. How did the detailing session go? I managed to go to Hesarghatta today. Lets definitely go again.
Old 8th January 2012, 23:02   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Nilesh,

The 4 winds of love feel and look heavenly-great photo shoot!

Belated happy new year from Turkey. Have not been following your thread very keenly-no regular access to internet.hope you are having great fun still.

The blue colour is still very fresh and cool.
A belated happy new year to you too, charthom! Hope you are having a good time in Turkey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Lovely photos Nilesh. Unfortunate that I missed. How did the detailing session go? I managed to go to Hesarghatta today. Lets definitely go again.
The detailing results are superb. Will post about it tomorrow. How was Hesarghetta? Have any photos to share? Yes, we'll go again. Today was tied up in other work!
Old 9th January 2012, 17:32   #207
BHPian

@nileshch: Thanks man, The pics came out really good. I'm happy that we could make it. Waiting for your detailing pics.

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 9th January 2012 at 17:34.
Old 25th January 2012, 22:54   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
How did the detailing session go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Waiting for your detailing pics.
Sorry guys. Could not post this earlier as a personal tragedy had struck. I lost a near and dear one, whose joy was one of the reasons I purchased the car.

The car had been spoilt by months of hard scrubbing by the over-enthusiastic cleaner. Since this was my first car with a dark color, I was not prepared to see such abuse. Had to mend the cleaner's ways and mine soon before the damage went beyond repair. So after a lot of deliberation, I decided to go with Ultimate Detailerz. And Mohsin and Nirmal did a fantastic job! Meticulously working for about five hours, they transformed the car back to it's delivery date form!

Here are some before and after pictures for comparison.

Before
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-before1.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-before2.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-before3.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-before4.jpg

You can see the amount of damage due to the constant washing with hard water. Isn't it horrific? Stopped washing the car daily after realizing this. As recommended by Mohsin, I ask the cleaner to dust the car with the Jopasu duster and wipe with a clean and dry MF cloth, spraying ONR on tough spots.

UD working on the car
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-working1.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-working2.jpg

After
Name:  after1.jpg
Views: 1969
Size:  105.8 KB
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-after2.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-after3.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-after4.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-after5.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-after6.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-beforeafter1.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-beforeafter2.jpg
nileshch is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 10:45   #209
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Nilesh on getting your car detailed and that too from Ultimate Detailerz. They have done a fab job. Wished if they were there in Mumbai too.

Quote:
The car had been spoilt by months of hard scrubbing by the over-enthusiastic cleaner. Since this was my first car with a dark color, I was not prepared to see such abuse. Had to mend the cleaner's ways and mine soon before the damage went beyond repair.
I can surely understand what you would be feeling. Even my Vento which is black color was our first dark colored car. Just after 3 months of owning the car the paint had got swirl marks all over it and the gloss finish was reducing. So for preventive measure had asked the car cleaner to wash only 3 times a week.

Quote:
You can see the amount of damage due to the constant washing with hard water. Isn't it horrific? Stopped washing the car daily after realizing this.
I did have a heart attack looking at the state of the car and paint. Why do you need to wash with hard water, doesn't Banglore have soft water? Maintaining dark color car is a pain and washing them daily just aggravates it further more.

Quote:
As recommended by Mohsin, I ask the cleaner to dust the car with the Jopasu duster and wipe with a clean and dry MF cloth, spraying ONR on tough spots.
I would suggest wash the car 3 times a week and just quick detail it with ONR in the ration 1:16(ONR:Water) to make your very own quick detailer. The car will look like just waxed.

In the end after all the bashing I said about dark color car I would still say, "A clean and waxed shadow blue or pearl black color car will give any other light color car a run for it money."
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 12:54   #210
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Noob question. What is ONR ?

Nilesh,
how much did you pay for the job ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks