Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2013, 02:54   #301
BHPian

re: My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update

Wow, its' been 6 months since I have posted here! Well, here's something to post about -- I've waited almost two years for the perfect music system to arrive in the market (and still waiting). But I finally took the plunge and got the Pioneer AVH-X5590BT 2DIN touchscreen HU with Bluetooth, USB & Aux. I am done with the wirey mess my car's cup holder compartment has been gathering!

Name:  AVHX5590BTF.png
Views: 2791
Size:  224.0 KB

I had originally zeroed in on the 8490BT. However found out that the differences between 5590BT and 8490BT are not much. The 8490BT has 1)~5mm larger screen (both are ~7"), 2)detachable face panel and 3) dual zone support 4) SD card support, all of which hardly make a difference to me. I saved about 4k in the bargain and used that savings to get some damping done on the doors.

The features are kind of an overload for me so hold on. I'll take some time checking out the system. I'll post a short review of the system soon, and a few more updates!
Old 17th February 2013, 11:16   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Wow, its' been 6 months since I have posted here! Well, here's something to post about -- I've waited almost two years for the perfect music system to arrive in the market (and still waiting). But I finally took the plunge and got the Pioneer AVH-X5590BT 2DIN touchscreen HU with Bluetooth, USB & Aux. I am done with the wirey mess my car's cup holder compartment has been gathering!

I had originally zeroed in on the 8490BT. However found out that the differences between 5590BT and 8490BT are not much. The 8490BT has 1)~5mm larger screen (both are ~7"), 2)detachable face panel and 3) dual zone support 4) SD card support, all of which hardly make a difference to me. I saved about 4k in the bargain and used that savings to get some damping done on the doors.

The features are kind of an overload for me so hold on. I'll take some time checking out the system. I'll post a short review of the system soon, and a few more updates!
Super. Time for a meet up How much did it cost? Also have you changed your tyres yet? I am approaching 25K soon and might want to change during second service.
Old 17th February 2013, 11:34   #303
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations
Egar to see your review and get details
Old 18th February 2013, 09:44   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Super. Time for a meet up How much did it cost? Also have you changed your tyres yet? I am approaching 25K soon and might want to change during second service.
Yes, we can meetup! I've crossed 27k on my Acceleres and they seem to do just fine. The tread is also fine. So I am not planning to immediately change them after the second service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phani View Post
Congratulations
Egar to see your review and get details
Thanks Phani. I am waiting for the dealer to deliver the iPhone specific cable (CD-IU201S) for advanced App mode. It seems there is a temporary shortage of that cable. The app mode is a primary reason why I went for this HU series. Hope to get it in a couple of days!
Old 21st April 2013, 01:18   #305

I just got my Vento Highline AT delivered last week (on Gudipadwa). I was reading this thread and came across the stubby antenna discussion. I wasnt happy with about the long antenna on the Vento and had decided to replace it with a shorter on when I got the delivery of my car.

Thankfully, VW has made the short antenna a standard fixture (like the one you have put on)

I decided to push it further and got myself a blue antenna (3 inches) for my Shadow Blue Vento. Here is a pic.

Got it off ebay USA. 15$ with shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-antenna.jpg  

sahilj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 16:11   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilj View Post
I decided to push it further and got myself a blue antenna (3 inches) for my Shadow Blue Vento. Here is a pic.
Now that is really short! I really think they should have provided a small stubby antenna right from the start. Long antennas don't look good on sedans anyway (though they look quite cute on hatchbacks).

Though, I am not sure if I like the blue color on the antenna. A plain black would not have looked out of place. But probably I am able to see clearly from the photos if that blue is different from the shadow blue colour.
Old 23rd April 2013, 05:13   #307

Quote:

Though, I am not sure if I like the blue color on the antenna. A plain black would not have looked out of place. But probably I am able to see clearly from the photos if that blue is different from the shadow blue colour.
A default sharkfin would have been superb.

The blue is slightly different than the shadow blue. I also have a black stubby (3 inch) antenna that I had ordered. Will click a picture and post it when it arrives.
Old 23rd May 2013, 17:29   #308
BHPian

Quote:
I am waiting for the dealer to deliver the iPhone specific cable (CD-IU201S) for advanced App mode. It seems there is a temporary shortage of that cable. The app mode is a primary reason why I went for this HU series. Hope to get it in a couple of days!
Even I am looking for this cable in Hyderabad, to connect my Pioneer AVH-X5590BT model but didn't find locally.

Did you get this cable and how it is? Do you able to watch video and google navigation, how is charging time.

Thanks for your answers.
Old 24th May 2013, 22:44   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Even I am looking for this cable in Hyderabad, to connect my Pioneer AVH-X5590BT model but didn't find locally.

Did you get this cable and how it is? Do you able to watch video and google navigation, how is charging time.

Thanks for your answers.
@niv26, I waited too long for my dealer to get the Rs 2200 cable. I then turned online and found a cable on eBay for about 800 bucks. Ordered that and everything works fine. Here is the link to ebay --

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-Pion...item2ec6d00b7c
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 23:28   #310
BHPian

Quote:
@niv26, I waited too long for my dealer to get the Rs 2200 cable. I then turned online and found a cable on eBay for about 800 bucks. Ordered that and everything works fine. Here is the link to ebay --

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-Pion...item2ec6d00b7c

Thanks for reply.

How long did it take to ship and receive ?

Can you help to answer my questions.
Old 26th May 2013, 12:26   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Thanks for reply.

How long did it take to ship and receive ?

Can you help to answer my questions.
It took about 20 days to reach. Make sure you tell them you want a tracking number for the package.
Old 24th June 2013, 09:07   #312
BHPian

Thanks, I could buy locally for 2000.

It's very good quality wire.

I could use iPhone video and nav apps now.
Old 27th June 2013, 13:42   #313

Hello Everyone,

Its been five days that I picked up a vento and I just noticed that the Engine oil compartment is located way too low below the car. I fear it will get damaged if ride on bigger speed Brakers or rocks. Can anyone comment if I have to drive it carefully /known issue ??

Regards
Kiran
Old 27th June 2013, 14:16   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvytla View Post
Hello Everyone,

Its been five days that I picked up a vento and I just noticed that the Engine oil compartment is located way too low below the car. I fear it will get damaged if ride on bigger speed Brakers or rocks. Can anyone comment if I have to drive it carefully /known issue ??

Regards
Kiran
I think you are talking about engine oil sump? It is placed like that in every car AFAIK.
Old 27th June 2013, 14:21   #315

Not as low as the Vento as I have used a swift and an accent earlier and they were pretty decently located. But I am scared with this one :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks