Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 06:46   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Got these carbon-fiber themed 'eyelashes' for the headlights from eBay.
Let me know what you think of them.
The eyelids look great nilesh. Somehow I feel that the car now looks both cuter and slightly more menacing than before. That you can remove it whenever you want is an added bonus.

I second joslicx's comment above. The Blue looks, feels and shines the same way it was when you took delivery of the car. As I had openly admitted before, I wasn't a big fan of Vento's design until I saw yours in that stunning 'blue' color.

Last edited by arvi86 : 20th April 2012 at 06:47.
Old 20th April 2012, 10:27   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Main intention was to have spks replaced first but came to know that stock HU doesn't have pre-outs. So HU, amp and spks all up for change. Gonna be one nasty update.
All the best for it! I'm sure you are going to put up a detailed story on it so will wait for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
The eyelids look great nilesh. Somehow I feel that the car now looks both cuter and slightly more menacing than before. That you can remove it whenever you want is an added bonus.

I second joslicx's comment above. The Blue looks, feels and shines the same way it was when you took delivery of the car. As I had openly admitted before, I wasn't a big fan of Vento's design until I saw yours in that stunning 'blue' color.
Thanks, @arvi86! I have to admit, it takes lot of pain maintaining the shadow blue colour, I'd say even tougher than black. The blue colour has more depth in the paint as compared to the black and any scratches are more visible than black.

Here are a couple of pics from new angles:

My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-img_1394.jpg

My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-img_1395.jpg

Quote:
What procedure are you following and do you give it a proper wash once in a week? Just asking since I too have started using Jopasu duster which keeps the dust at bay and quick detail the car twice a week with proper wash once in 2 weeks.
My car stays out in the open at home but is in covered parking during the day at office. I recently got a Dupont Tyvek body cover and use that regularly now. So I have to clean the car almost everyday. I packed off the cleaner because he was not ready to learn to do it the right way. So here is my routine:
  • Everyday, after dinner, I go out and dust off the car lightly using Jopasu and cover it up.
  • In the morning, depending on how dirty the car is from previous day, I either simply dust if off or dust off and do a quick detailing to remove any spots on the car.
  • Once a week, I wash the car with the two bucket method using ONR.
  • Once in two weeks, I clean the interiors.
  • Now, planning to buy a clay bar system & Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax which I'll use once a month
  • Bought a long hose in preparation of the monsoons. It will make it easier to clean the car.

Last edited by nileshch : 20th April 2012 at 10:44.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 12:29   #273
BHPian

nileshch,
Those eyelids are good. May be those also suit to my black vento. I will try them.
Maintaining Black too is no better .
Me too running the show with Duster and quick detailing daily with ONR.
I have to wash the car (haven't washed yet ) . Please, can you point me to the two bucket method using ONR or describe how i have to perform.
Old 20th April 2012, 14:59   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All the best for it! I'm sure you are going to put up a detailed story on it so will wait for it.
The audio update will happen after 28 May'12, that's when my PG exams get over. Will put up a detailed review, nevertheless.

Quote:
My car stays out in the open at home but is in covered parking during the day at office. I recently got a Dupont Tyvek body cover and use that regularly now. So I have to clean the car almost everyday. I packed off the cleaner because he was not ready to learn to do it the right way. So here is my routine:
  • Everyday, after dinner, I go out and dust off the car lightly using Jopasu and cover it up.
  • In the morning, depending on how dirty the car is from previous day, I either simply dust if off or dust off and do a quick detailing to remove any spots on the car.
  • Once a week, I wash the car with the two bucket method using ONR.
  • Once in two weeks, I clean the interiors.
  • Now, planning to buy a clay bar system & Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax which I'll use once a month
  • Bought a long hose in preparation of the monsoons. It will make it easier to clean the car.
Take a bow.
Thanks for the detailed routine. Car cleaning everyday helps in physical exercise which most people skip due to work.
Nilesh are you able to single handed cover & uncover DuPont Typek cover all by yourself? I too have it, from VW and do not use since its gets tough to do it single handed. Your advice would help me do it all by myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phani View Post
I have to wash the car (haven't washed yet ) . Please, can you point me to the two bucket method using ONR or describe how i have to perform.
Maintaining both pearl black and shadow blue is tough, but the shine my Pearl Black Vento gets after quick detail/waxing keeps me loving it more and more.

The "Two Bucket Method" involves using two car wash buckets, each with Grit Guards. Some enthusiasts place two Grit Guards into each bucket for even more protection against dirt and grime! The first bucket is filled with clean water and the second bucket is filled with your favorite car wash shampoo. Dunk your mitt into the soapy car wash solution first to wash your car with lubricating suds and then dunk the mitt vigorously into the bucket with clear water to rinse the mitt thoroughly.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 20th April 2012 at 15:00.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 15:41   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phani View Post
nileshch,
Those eyelids are good. May be those also suit to my black vento. I will try them.
Yes, maintaining the black is no better too. Like @el lobo 6061 mentioned, use two buckets, one with ONR+water / car shampoo+water and the other one with plain water. Use the plain water to rinse the wash mitt / cloth after you go over the dirty areas. That will help avoid the dirt from scratching the paint again if it remains on the mitt/cloth.

Quote:
Car cleaning everyday helps in physical exercise which most people skip due to work.
Nilesh are you able to single handed cover & uncover DuPont Typek cover all by yourself? I too have it, from VW and do not use since its gets tough to do it single handed. Your advice would help me do it all by myself.
Yes, since I do it after my exercise routine, I am already warmed up for the cleaning job and don't find it a pain!

Yes, you too can single-handedly cover/uncover the car. There is a technique I have learnt:
  1. When you are covering the car for the first time ever, it will be a pain because you do not know how the cover will unfold
  2. Once covered, from that point on, it is easy.
  3. When you are uncovering for the first time, loosen up the cover from all sides. Then, fold the cover along the length from both sides of the car and roll up it along the bonnet, roof and boot surfaces.
  4. Then, starting from the bonnet, fold the cover towards the boot.
  5. When you reach the boot, you can simply press and put it in the cover bag.
  6. Next time when you are covering the car, place the folded cover on the boot and start rolling it towards the roof and then the bonnet
  7. Then, remove the folds along the sides and latch up the antenna and the side mirrors in the cover.
  8. Phew, there you are!
  9. Just make sure there is no strong breeze or you will run after the Tyvek cover -- it is very smooth and easily slides off the car when not attached properly!

Edit: I just searched for an illustration and discovered that this is the recommended technique for folding and unfolding covers. Here is an image from Google Images:

Name:  coverremovalfolding.gif
Views: 1904
Size:  11.6 KB
(courtesy: carcoversdirect.com)

Last edited by nileshch : 22nd April 2012 at 15:42. Reason: Added illustration
nileshch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 22:54   #276
BHPian

A quick update -- was with other tbhpians at the Krishnagiri dam today morning. Here is a link to the photos from the meet:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2768089

Some photos of the Blue from the meet:
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-04damentrance.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-06linedup.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-12greens.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-13sunbathing.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-23vento.jpg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-25allwater.jpg
Old 28th May 2012, 23:25   #277
BHPian

Wow!! Lovely pics there nileshch!!

Your car is shining in every photograph!!

CHEERS!!
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 16:39   #278
BHPian

Quote:
A quick update -- was with other tbhpians at the Krishnagiri dam today morning. Here is a link to the photos from the meet:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2768089

Some photos of the Blue from the meet:
Attachment 924038
Attachment 924039
Attachment 924040
Attachment 924041
Attachment 924042
Attachment 924043
@nileshch - lovely pictures mate !!! i own a white one but blue is looking much richer and elegant...
nikesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 17:21   #279
BHPian

Hey Nilesh!

Enjoyed reading your thread, so did you finally go for any upgrades for the headlights?

I'm mighty confused between HIDs and Halogen (90/100) - both have been tried and tested by Milan and El Lobo respectively! One costs around 2,500 (for all lights) and one around 8,000 (for only headlights)...

Any thoughts, guys?
madnish30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 18:44   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
@nileshch - lovely pictures mate !!! i own a white one but blue is looking much richer and elegant...
Thanks, Nikesh. But I envy you white Vento owners for the low maintenance colour! I just recently ordered a whole lot of care care products to make sure the blue keeps looking rich and elegant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Hey Nilesh!

Enjoyed reading your thread, so did you finally go for any upgrades for the headlights?

I'm mighty confused between HIDs and Halogen (90/100) - both have been tried and tested by Milan and El Lobo respectively! One costs around 2,500 (for all lights) and one around 8,000 (for only headlights)...

Any thoughts, guys?
Not yet. I am equally torn between upgrading just the bulbs (like el lobo) or going the whole mile and replacing with projectors like noopster/ninjatalli. Here is an interesting link, showing the light throw of HID projectors and Halogen projectors --

Whats the difference between HID projectors or Halogen projectors? - Ford Ranger Forum
Old 31st May 2012, 18:56   #281
BHPian

The meet pics are just awesome! Your Vento and the Grey Punto steal the show!!
Naparajito is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 16:50   #282
BHPian

So finally, I did what I had to. I removed the sunfilm by hand today. The car looks a little naked now, like it was after delivery. I sincerely hope there is a change in laws and I atleast get to put a sunfilm back, not just for the privacy & looks but also for the heat & UV protection.

Here is the detailed account --

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2797152
Old 4th June 2012, 20:33   #283
BHPian

Quote:
So finally, I did what I had to. I removed the sunfilm by hand today. The car looks a little naked now, like it was after delivery. I sincerely hope there is a change in laws and I atleast get to put a sunfilm back, not just for the privacy & looks but also for the heat & UV protection.

Here is the detailed account --

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2797152
I'm waiting for change in law to happen soon, I'm trying to avoid removing my 3M film so soon(less than 8 months) .
Old 4th June 2012, 20:46   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
I'm waiting for change in law to happen soon, I'm trying to avoid removing my 3M film so soon(less than 8 months) .
Yes, for me also, it was less than a year. But mine was a dark film. It was illegal anyway (20%VLT), as I learnt. Plus, the film was cheap. If there ever is a law reversal/change, I'll go for a good sun film like 3M.

Last edited by nileshch : 4th June 2012 at 20:47.
Old 4th June 2012, 21:17   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, for me also, it was less than a year. But mine was a dark film. It was illegal anyway (20%VLT), as I learnt. Plus, the film was cheap. If there ever is a law reversal/change, I'll go for a good sun film like 3M.
Even I got my 3M removed from the sides yesterday. I kept the Front and the back. Thankfully removing them was a breeze. Some consolation I guess for spending so much on them. But I am still in pain. There is huge difference in Cabin temprature plus the looks and hard earned money in drain man.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks