Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 18:32   #256
BHPian

re: My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Is there any information on the model no. of the headlights? I believe the Polo/Golf headlights have some model no. which start with MK* where * is a number. Even knowing the same for the Vento can help in locating some place in the Internets where they can be sourced from reliably I am sure they would be available somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
The head lights are drool worthy. They did look awesome on my Pearl Black Vento but they won't fit in it. They are mean't for Golf and have a curvy line across it and Vento has straight lines throughout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Just did a search which did not yield anything for the 2010 MK5 Polo GTI. Though, you can see a lot of options for the MK4 Polo GTI. Will try to find out the part number for the Vento/Polo headlights.
Just out of curiosity, I asked United Customz, the shop that @joslicx mentioned, about the Polo GTI headlights. He said he can source it from outside at 32k per pair!! Mighty expensive!
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 19:12   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, I asked United Customz, the shop that @joslicx mentioned, about the Polo GTI headlights. He said he can source it from outside at 32k per pair!! Mighty expensive!
32K a pair Unless I hit some kind of a jackpot I will not even think about it. I am sure there is quite a hefty percentage of cut this guy has factored in. The best would be is to go the hard way, ie find out the exact part no. and source it oneself through contacts. Any luck locating the part no. of this Polo GTI headlight?
Old 5th April 2012, 19:08   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Just did a search which did not yield anything for the 2010 MK5 Polo GTI. Though, you can see a lot of options for the MK4 Polo GTI. Will try to find out the part number for the Vento/Polo headlights.
Nilesh, would it be something like this?

10-11 Volkswagen Golf/GTI Projector LED Headlights Left Right Chrome Head Lamps | eBay

The costs including shipping do take it to around $440 which makes it pretty expensive too. If someone could source this if they are an exact fit for the Vento will turn out to be a very nice deal
Old 5th April 2012, 20:48   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch
On a different note, on account of Gudi Padwa (or Ugadi here in KA), got some bling bling for the steering wheel -- the missing chrome insert.
==========
. Will remove them if I get bored. Do note that they look better physically than in these mobile phone photos.
hi nilech
Can you pass the eBay link for the chrome insert please
Thanks
Krishna
Old 8th April 2012, 05:51   #260
BHPian

Quote:
The costs including shipping do take it to around $440 which makes it pretty expensive too. If someone could source this if they are an exact fit for the Vento will turn out to be a very nice deal
Well, $440 seems cheaper than two other quotes I've received. MXS Motorsport, Delhi has quoted 41k(!!) for a pair of original Polo GTI headlights which also need a separate coupling as they are incompatible with India Polo. However, they also offered me a similar aftermarket pair for 29k, which is still expensive. Additionally, I found another vendor on eBay selling each Polo GTI headlight for $660!!

I guess 25k+ would be the norm for such headlights. That's quite a saving to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasad View Post
hi nilech
Can you pass the eBay link for the chrome insert please
Thanks
Krishna
Krishna, I had shared this earlier in this thread. However, here it is again --

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

On a different note, I had a problem with my AC for the second time. It stops cooling after driving for 5 minutes and then simply blows hot air from outside. I had a harrowing time last week because Bangalore is suddenly unbearably hot this summer. To my misfortune or good fortune, whatever you want to call it, when I tried to show this to the service advisor at the workshop, the AC was at its best!! After a lot of convincing (he thought I was one of those dumb owners...grrrr), he agreed to check the AC nevertheless and clean the brand new pollen filter. Additionally I also got the auto-unlock-on-key-removal feature enabled.

By the way, got an original VW small stubby antenna to replace the long and wiggly OEM one. In my opinion this one is smarter and suits sedans better. Absolutely no effect on the radio reception.

My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-shortantenna.jpg

Last edited by nileshch : 8th April 2012 at 05:52. Reason: grammatical mistakes.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 06:41   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

By the way, got an original VW small stubby antenna to replace the long and wiggly OEM one. In my opinion this one is smarter and suits sedans better. Absolutely no effect on the radio reception.

Attachment 913027
Is it this one :
VW Polo stubby Antenna Original | eBay

It doesnt look too different from the original one does it? How about something like the one on Jetta!! The sharkfin. That should give some more character to the Vento! United Customz quoted me 2100 to source that. I dont know how much VW dealer will charge. I am thinking of asking it at the time of delivery of my vehicle (which I dont know when it will be :( )

Edit: Oh I saw the pics on the first page again and realised the original antenna protrudes fair bit so this one does look smarter and will probably not wriggle. Good choice.

Last edited by joslicx : 8th April 2012 at 06:47.
Old 9th April 2012, 09:48   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Is it this one :

It doesnt look too different from the original one does it? How about something like the one on Jetta!! The sharkfin. That should give some more character to the Vento! United Customz quoted me 2100 to source that. I dont know how much VW dealer will charge. I am thinking of asking it at the time of delivery of my vehicle (which I dont know when it will be :( )

Edit: Oh I saw the pics on the first page again and realised the original antenna protrudes fair bit so this one does look smarter and will probably not wriggle. Good choice.
The sharkfin one would be great. Didn't know it existed for the Vento/Polo or else would have gone for that!
Old 9th April 2012, 16:12   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On a different note, I had a problem with my AC for the second time. It stops cooling after driving for 5 minutes and then simply blows hot air from outside.
So is the ACC working fine, or still exhibiting trouble? Any charges they took for activation speed lock & for cleaning pollen filter?

Quote:

Attachment 913027
From where did you get this one? Looks good definitely.

Quote:
The sharkfin one would be great. Didn't know it existed for the Vento/Polo or else would have gone for that!
But wont it mean removing the older one and replacing it with shark fin. It would mean great deal of work, since it needs to be water tight.

Quote:
Is it this one :

It doesnt look too different from the original one does it? How about something like the one on Jetta!! The sharkfin. That should give some more character to the Vento!
Any link to shark fin antenna for Vento and thanks for sharing the E-Bay link.
Old 9th April 2012, 17:13   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But wont it mean removing the older one and replacing it with shark fin. It would mean great deal of work, since it needs to be water tight.

Any link to shark fin antenna for Vento and thanks for sharing the E-Bay link.
Theres a sharkfin radio antenna for Polo available on Amazon

Amazon.com: Auto Car Top Roof Shark Fin Radio Signal Amplifier Antenna Aerial For Volkswagen Jetta / Bora / Golf / Polo MK4 Passat B5: Automotive

I am assuming it would work for Vento as well. It should not be too difficult to install as lot of people do it as DIY (maybe its your next project if you are interested after your awesome work with the lights )

I asked the united customz guy about sourcing it. He quoted me 2100 (around 900 as the cost, 500 odd customs and another 500 odd for courier from UK). Installation I need to get done myself.

In fact, I am thinking the sharkfin of the Jetta should work for Vento as well. Why shouldnt it?! Maybe we can ask the local dealer about the same. I plan to do that when I eventually get my vehicle! If you guys are interested you can ask your dealers. If they can offer it for less than 2k then it is not a bad deal.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 14:24   #265
BHPian

With people going for projector installations these days , I was itching to do something for the Blue's headlights. Since I have no spare money currently, thought I'll get a cheap makeup done for the Blue. Got these carbon-fiber themed 'eyelashes' for the headlights from eBay. They have 3M adhesive so I should be able to remove them cleanly after I get bored or I get more money for the projectors / GTI headlights!

Let me know what you think of them.

Front view
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-full_view.jpg

My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-left_hl2.jpg

My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-right_hl.jpg

Close-up
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-closeup.jpg
Old 18th April 2012, 15:16   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Got these carbon-fiber themed 'eyelashes' for the headlights from eBay. They have 3M adhesive so I should be able to remove them cleanly after I get bored or I get more money for the projectors / GTI headlights!
Ha ha . They make the car look very cute. Now for some lipstick, I'm kidding

On a serious note, I am staying away from any after market modifications of the electrical nature for now after so many incidents of fire reported with the TDI.
Old 18th April 2012, 16:01   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me know what you think of them.
Looks good definitely! Will look even better on my pearl black Vento. Nilesh can you provide the E-Bay link.

Quote:
With people going for projector installations these days , I was itching to do something for the Blue's headlights.
Well you can go with the setup I have on mine and it will be 1/10th the cost of projectors and a easy DiY on a lazy Sunday morning.

Quote:
On a serious note, I am staying away from any after market modifications of the electrical nature for now after so many incidents of fire reported with the TDI.
I'm planning on getting the ICE updated with amp & HU changed. Will be paying a close look to have it done properly.
Old 18th April 2012, 16:02   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quite neat Nilesh.

Also my compliments on how well you have kept your car. Its looking awesome, especially in the first pic.
Old 18th April 2012, 22:37   #269
BHPian

Quote:
They make the car look very cute.
I kinda notice that now This is not going to last too long!

Quote:
Yes, with all those incidents, better to be careful!

Quote:
Looks good definitely! Will look even better on my pearl black Vento. Nilesh can you provide the E-Bay link.
Here you are - ebay.com : 2011-VW-NEW-POLO-Carbon-Fiber-Headlights-Eyebrow-Eyelids-Decals-Sticker

Quote:
Well you can go with the setup I have on mine and it will be 1/10th the cost of projectors and a easy DiY on a lazy Sunday morning.
Well yes, this option is always there! I wanted to wait till I get a good quote for the projectors / GTI HLs.

Quote:
I'm planning on getting the ICE updated with amp & HU changed. Will be paying a close look to have it done properly.
Don't keep the OEM speakers. Replace them before you replace anything else! You will hear a marked difference.

Quote:
Also my compliments on how well you have kept your car. Its looking awesome, especially in the first pic.
Thanks, Dev. It takes 20 minutes of my time everyday making sure the car shines!

Last edited by nileshch : 18th April 2012 at 22:39.
Old 18th April 2012, 23:14   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't keep the OEM speakers. Replace them before you replace anything else! You will hear a marked difference.
Main intention was to have spks replaced first but came to know that stock HU doesn't have pre-outs. So HU, amp and spks all up for change. Gonna be one nasty update.

Quote:
It takes 20 minutes of my time everyday making sure the car shines!
What procedure are you following and do you give it a proper wash once in a week? Just asking since I too have started using Jopasu duster which keeps the dust at bay and quick detail the car twice a week with proper wash once in 2 weeks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks