Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 11:16   #91
Senior - BHPian

Sorry bro but you must take it off after the trip.
It certainly does not look good atop.
Please also check out the Thule type aerodynamic boxes. They look rad. And will go well with the Yeti IMHO.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 11:39   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Battle of the Unequals : Skoda Yeti vs. Honda Civic (10,000 km driven)

Damn amazing how a single acessory ruins the look. Care to have it painted black? May look much better then.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 11:54   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Sorry bro but you must take it off after the trip.
It certainly does not look good atop.
Please also check out the Thule type aerodynamic boxes. They look rad. And will go well with the Yeti IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Damn amazing how a single acessory ruins the look. Care to have it painted black? May look much better then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
@behemoth - She is absolutely right. I had also kept a Carrier (aka Taxi) for my Qualis which I used to take off after every excursion. Havn't yet got one for my Falcon. You should do the same.
Agreed! Will take it off as soon as we complete our outstation trip. Only reason why I had to put it on was that we will be taking our Labrador along and he needs the whole boot to himself to enjoy the drive, so our luggage has to go onto the roof/ we fold one seat down and put it there.

(Something tells me that it seems Wifey has better aesthetic sense than me and need to start trusting her aesthetic decisions more!
Anyways we guys are more Left-brained and logical more than the fairer sex!)
Old 18th August 2011, 20:48   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest update!
Got my Vag-com today from Rosstech directly.
So far, have made these changes to my Yeti:
1) Idle rpm increased to 850 from 775. I feel the difference and now it does not stall in 2nd and 3rd gears ever.
2) I also enabled Auto lock at 15kmph, single button press unlock
3) Dial staging enabled

I will try cornering fogs and DRLs in a few days, as these are not activated on my Ambiente. Will also try some new things in a few days like HVAC adaptation.

Drive safe!
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 21:11   #95
Team-BHP Support

Great, now why not try and add the off road button to your car? All the hardware is there, only the button will need to be sourced by you, and probably some coding. What do you think?
Old 18th August 2011, 21:39   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234
Great, now why not try and add the off road button to your car? All the hardware is there, only the button will need to be sourced by you, and probably some coding. What do you think?
Hi Akshay,
Not sure whether I would be capable of doing it! Though internationally dealers are able to retrofit it, very little info is available on this aspect on the internet. It will require the button and also additional wiring. These components would be difficult to source. Pramod has done even some parts sourcing earlier, like cruise control stalk and auto headlight switch, will check with him.
Thanks.
Old 19th August 2011, 00:12   #97
BHPian

Went through the entire 7 pages today. Very very interesting read.
I received my Mato Brown Yeti today from the dealer in Gurgaon today.It is the same Ambiente model as Behemoth's.

After going through Behemoth and Pramods' thread, I have already started preparing a wishlist for the Yeti.
harsh87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 09:20   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh87 View Post
Went through the entire 7 pages today. Very very interesting read.
I received my Mato Brown Yeti today from the dealer in Gurgaon today.It is the same Ambiente model as Behemoth's.

After going through Behemoth and Pramods' thread, I have already started preparing a wishlist for the Yeti.
Congrats Harsh!
The Yeti is a great small SUV, ideal for the "Off"roads of Gurgaon .
It can take the terrain as well as the hustle bustle of the malls very comfortably in its stride. You will also be pleasantly surprised by its fuel efficiency and it will reward light footed driving with very good mileage.
I am also based in Gurgaon, you can PM me if you need any help/ advice on the monster!
Drive safe and enjoy!
Old 19th August 2011, 10:26   #99
BHPian

@Behemoth, I would advise not to wire up for offroad button, it need lots of connection and wiring to get that button in place, the wiring need to run to ABS sensor and then form the BCM/Instrumentation/fuse and need to be connected to lot other, this need lot of precision and know how that I don't think would be readily available. Play with VCDS setting, cornering fog is very much possible, even the tire monitoring is possible without the switch. Look for Rain sensing, if you have the rain sensing in the Ambient then auto lighting, coming home, leaving home is also possible!
just don't play with headlight and rearfog light bit, as its masked bit with 00 from factory and very difficult to restore if messed via VCDS, you will then need to visit service center to get that rectified!
-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 10:47   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Pramod!
Yes, I would agree on the Off-road button complexity and would not want to take the risk. I will try only the software tweaks and not get down to changing any of the hardware.
The Ambiente does have the rain sensing, so will try the leaving home/ coming home options.
Can you guide me on the TPMS part. I could not find too much info on this.

You can try out the idle rpm tweak if you like (which I mentioned on your thread), it will make driving the Yeti much easier and will also improve AC effectiveness. Also, when anyone apart from me drives it now, it won't stall, earlier it used to stall at least 4-5 times when someone else drove it.
Thanks!
Old 19th August 2011, 12:04   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Offtopic, perhaps but please refer Akki5's epic thread on activating features on Ambiente (Laura) with a VAG.com. Be careful when messing around with these things, and PM Akki5- am sure he will be glad to help!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 12:22   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion Noopster!
Will get in touch with Akki5. I seem to have already done most of the changes which he had done. I am ready to go a bit further (being an automobile/mechanical engineer by education!). I am also quite a frequent visitor to Briskoda, which has quite a lot of information on VCDS and diagnostics for Skoda.

Drive safe!
Old 19th August 2011, 12:49   #103
BHPian

Ok to get the TPMS, you need to change the ABS coding as well as Instrumentation coding, the ABS coding will set the TPMS setting and Instrumentation bit will give the indication on console, after my Yeti yours will be the second one know world wide, I was the first one to get that done as per Ross-tech! and other forums, ross-tech have update the instrumentation bit that was missing from RoW car that was required.
In VCDS VagCom go to your ABS controller > Coding > Long Coding Helper > and toggle byte 16, bit 2 ON. you will see the option as Tire Pressure Monitoring(TPMS/xxx) Installed.
This option will enable the TPMS on the ABS, now you need to enable the TPMS on the console, change the [17] Instruments long coding from code: 120300 to newcode: 120301
You are done, switch off and switch on and you will see the TPMS light briefly on the console. You will need to run the vehicle on all speed to read and learn the tire pressure, once its done if the tire pressure fails below the TPMS light will be on.
To reset the TPMS once the tire pressure is made proper, you will need to again use the VCDS,
In VCDS go to your ABS controller > basic settings > enter 042 in block field > GO > That’s it.
-Pramod
pramods is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 16:22   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Ok to get the TPMS, you need to change the ABS coding as well as Instrumentation coding, the ABS coding will set the TPMS setting and Instrumentation bit will give the indication on console, after my Yeti yours will be the second one know world wide, I was the first one to get that done as per Ross-tech! and other forums, ross-tech have update the instrumentation bit that was missing from RoW car that was required.
In VCDS VagCom go to your ABS controller > Coding > Long Coding Helper > and toggle byte 16, bit 2 ON. you will see the option as Tire Pressure Monitoring(TPMS/xxx) Installed.
This option will enable the TPMS on the ABS, now you need to enable the TPMS on the console, change the [17] Instruments long coding from code: 120300 to newcode: 120301
You are done, switch off and switch on and you will see the TPMS light briefly on the console. You will need to run the vehicle on all speed to read and learn the tire pressure, once its done if the tire pressure fails below the TPMS light will be on.
To reset the TPMS once the tire pressure is made proper, you will need to again use the VCDS,
In VCDS go to your ABS controller > basic settings > enter 042 in block field > GO > That’s it.
-Pramod
Thanks Pramod, I will try it out this way. Just one query: if the tyre pressure goes low, it will show the TPMS indication in the dash. But to reset the indication, I will have to connect VAGCOM and then reset the settings to clear the indication? I hope that reverting to basic settings on the ABS would not revert any of the other settings which are linked to the ABS system.
Regards,
Behemoth
Old 19th August 2011, 16:35   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Behemoth
Hi Behemoth,
You can put the ESP/Off road control/traction control/suspension control/Passenger control buttons or any buttons that catches your fancy - but before any of those buttons - please install a (Bond style) button that ejects that roof luggage rack ! And fast. That rack is one eye sore. Please.

Couldn't believe my eyes (and am still rubbin' 'em) and wondering whether it was the same very same black Yeti I was willing to kill for !
Glad that others spotted it earlier and spoke against it. If I were to have been the first to have seen it - it would have left me spluttering and foaming at the mouth !

All in good faith and in the interests of your Yeti !
Guderian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks